Alex in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Fighting Style||Commando Wrestling|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 2 |
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Alex is a playable character in the Tekken series. He is a palette swap for Roger in Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament, sharing his moves and win animations. He returned in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 but now with his own slot.
Alex is a cloned Dromaeosaurid made from a fossil by Doctor Boskonovitch during Kazuya Mishima's tenure as the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Alex appears to have been trained in his fighting art by Armor King. He has only made one appearance in the main storyline, being Tekken 2.
Prologue Text: "Both Roger and Alex are the result of a military experiment. Doctor Boskonovitch wanted to combine the genes from a martial artist and cross it with a wild animal. It is rumored that Doctor Abel has stolen Roger and Alex and is keeping them with him in his secret laboratory. Alex is a hybrid of a prehistoric dinosaur and a lizard, and he is also the result of splicing Roger's genes. There have been similar species on the Earth many years ago".
Ending Description: Alex is studying a rock that appears to have a dinosaur fossil in it. A dinosaur's face flashes on the screen and Alex roars and starts running, gradually gaining speed. He runs up the mountain and, having got to see one of his ancestors, happily jumps up into the air, putting one of his fists up.
A group of Alex clones appeared in Tekken: The Motion Picture movie. Kazuya slaughters most of them which scares the rest who turns invisible and runs away. One Alex clone happens to be in full on camouflage behind Anna as she is telling Nina off, that Alex clone quickly mutilates Anna as her scream is heard throughout the island.
Alex appeared as a costume swap for Roger in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Ending Description: Alex is seen playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with Yoshimitsu. His boxing glove forces him to choose "Rock", Yoshimitsu, knowing this, picks "Paper", he wins three times because of this.
Character Relationships Edit
- Armor King - The first Armor King trained Alex to compete in the tournament, after escaping Kazuya's wrath.
- Doctor Bosconovitch - Alex was made from a fossil by Doctor Bosconovitch, but since went off to train with other, more capable fighters.
- Doctor Abel - It was rumored that Alex, along with Roger, was stolen by him.
- Kazuya Mishima - While Kazuya owned the Mishima Zaibatsu, Alex was considered worthless and Kazuya attempted to kill him, but he was able to escape.
- Jun Kazama - Jun found Alex, and as she was working to save endangered species, she sent him to Australia where he could live safely after the second tournament.
- Roger - His family friend. He trained alongside Roger, whilst Armor King was tutoring them.
- Yoshimitsu - Yoshimitsu appears to be friends with Alex, seen playing a friendly game of rock-paper-scissors with him in his (Alex) Tekken Tag Tournament ending.
- Alex counts as a second player costume of Roger.
- His fighting stance is identical to King's in Tekken, as well as Armor King's in Tekken and Tekken 2.
- In Tekken 6, Roger Jr. can be customized as Alex.
- To fight Alex, it is necessary to win Stage 3 winning the match with very little health remaining in the final round you fight. If your character has been selected with one of kick buttons, he will be your opponent at Stage 4, otherwise it will be Roger.
- Alex's and Roger's hands are shown as their own character space.
- His sub-boss is Roger.
- To unlock Alex, win the game with six different characters.
- Alex's ending is the same as Roger's except he does the same things that Roger did.
- When paired up with Bryan, he will be shown sitting on the ground while Bryan persuades him to fight.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Alex makes a cameo in the Dino Crisis stage background.