Alex (アレックス Arekkusu?) is a playable character in the Tekken series. He is a palette swap for Roger in Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament, sharing his moves and win animations. He returned in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 with his own character slot.
Alex is a cloned Dromaeosaurid made from a fossil by Doctor Bosconovitch during Kazuya Mishima's tenure as the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Alex appears to have been trained in his fighting style by Armor King. He has only made one appearance in the main storyline, that being in Tekken 2.
Alex looks a lot like a Dromaeosaurid, which he was cloned from; however, he has longer front limbs and wears blue boxing gloves on them.
Main Article: Alex/Outfits
Being a dinosaur, Alex is never seen wearing clothes, although he is always wearing his pair of boxing gloves.
Prologue Text: Both Roger and Alex are the result of a military experiment. Doctor Bosconovitch wanted to combine the genes from a martial artist and cross it with a wild animal. It is rumored that Doctor Abel has stolen Roger and Alex and is keeping them with him in his secret laboratory. Alex is a hybrid of a prehistoric dinosaur and a lizard, and he is also the result of splicing Roger's genes. There have been similar species on the Earth many years ago.
Ending Description: Alex is studying a rock that appears to have a dinosaur fossil in it. A dinosaur's face flashes on the screen and Alex roars and starts running, gradually gaining speed. He runs up a mountain and, having got to see one of his ancestors, happily jumps up into the air, putting one of his fists up.
A group of Alex clones appeared in the movie Tekken: The Motion Picture. Kazuya slaughters most of them, which scares the rest, who turn invisible and run away. One Alex clone happens to be in full-on camouflage behind Anna as she is telling off Nina - that Alex clone quickly mutilates Anna as her scream echoes throughout the island.
Alex appeared as a costume swap for Roger in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Ending Description: Alex is seen playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with Yoshimitsu. His boxing glove forces him to choose "Rock" each time. Yoshimitsu, knowing this, picks "Paper". He wins 3-0 because of this.
Alex returned as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, this time with his own character slot.
Ending Description: A lost Roger Jr. looks around for his mother in the middle of the desert. He imagines her loving face, but then feels sad he can't find her; he still continues to hop forward wearily. Meanwhile, Alex is lurking inconspicuously behind a nearby rock. Noticing the isolated kangaroo, he steps out from behind the rock, thinking he'll make easy prey. Alex springs out to attack him from behind; Roger Jr., however, is not taken by surprise at all, as he gives Alex an intense beat-down. Afterwards, as payment, Alex offers his help in finding Roger Jr.'s mother by piggy-backing him. After a while, they find his mother, who is thankful to see him. Ecstatic, Roger Jr. jumps up in the air as Alex also raises his arm in accomplishment. The screen shows a vignette around Alex's face, whose expression changes to one of disappointment, as he did not capture any prey. Nonetheless, Alex remains happy for bringing Roger Jr. back to his mother instead of eating him.
- Doctor Bosconovitch - Alex is a genetically modified experiment made by the doctor.
- Doctor Abel - It was rumored that Alex, along with Roger, was stolen by him.
- Kazuya Mishima - While Kazuya owned the Mishima Zaibatsu, Alex was considered worthless and Kazuya attempted to kill him, but he was able to escape.
- Roger - His partner and family friend.
- Yoshimitsu - Yoshimitsu appears to be friends with Alex, as he is seen playing a friendly game of rock-paper-scissors with him in his (Alex's) Tekken Tag Tournament ending (non-canon).
- Alex counts as a secondary costume for Roger.
- His fighting stance is identical to King's in Tekken, as well as Armor King's in Tekken and Tekken 2.
- In Tekken 6, Roger Jr. can be customized to resemble Alex.
- To fight Alex, the player must win Stage 3 with very little health remaining in the final round fought - if done correctly, the announcer will say "Great" instead of "K.O.". If the player's character has been selected with one of the kick buttons, Alex will be the opponent at Stage 4; otherwise, it will be Roger. This cannot be done if the player's starting character is Kazuya Mishima.
- Alex, along with Roger, will be unlocked after completing the game following the above requirement.
- If the player wins Stage 3 with the same requirement while using Alex, they will face Kuma on Stage 4 instead.
- Alex and Roger's hands are shown as their portrait on the character select screen.
- His sub-boss is Roger.
- Kazuya will never fight Alex as the sub-boss on Stage 8, despite Alex and Roger having the same character slot. Kazuya's sub-boss is always Roger, regardless of which costume is selected.
- In order to unlock Alex, the game must be beaten with six different characters.
- Alex's ending is the same as Roger's except Alex is in Roger's place.
- When paired up with Bryan Fury, he will be shown sitting on the ground while Bryan persuades him to fight.
- This is the first game where Alex has his own character slot.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Alex makes a cameo in the background of the Dino Crisis stage.