Angel in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Fighting Style||Advanced Mishima Style|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 2|
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Angel (エンジェル Enjeru) is a character within the Tekken series of fighting games. She is a palette swap of Devil in Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament. She returns in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 but now with her own character slot.
Angel first appeared without any storyline explanation, save for the fact that she fights with Devil over Kazuya's dark soul. Angel champions the good elements of Kazuya's soul over the Devil Gene's corruption. It's unknown what happened to Angel since she was not seen after Tekken 2. It is possible that she gave up on saving Kazuya from Devil as he chose his dark path.
Prologue Text: "Although Kazuya is seemingly possessed with a black heart, there is still some good left in him. Angel will battle against Devil to save Kazuya".
Ending Description: Angel sits on the ledge of skyscraper, staring out into the night sky. Suddenly she throws herself off the ledge, becoming engulfed in the fog below. As she falls, the ten original fighters race through her mind. Then ten skeletal hands are placed together in circle, as if making a pact. Devil appears surrounded by skeletons with wings. Angel breaks through the image and soars into the moonlit sky, orbs of light begin to collect in the palm of her hand that she then sends cascading into the night.
Angel appeared in Tekken Tag Tournament as a playable character.
Angel is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a DLC character.
Ending Description: Angel and Devil are seen battling in the night sky. Devil fires his laser at Angel but she manages to block it with her wings. Then, Devil fires a more powerful one. Sensing great evil, she improves her strength instantly. Angel causes a massive wave, knocking Devil from the sky. When Devil is defeated, he returns to Kazuya's normal body in an unconscious condition. A white feather falls onto his back and that feather produces a light to calm Kazuya's dark heart.
- Kazuya Mishima - She tried to save Kazuya's soul in Tekken 2 from the darkness inside him but failed.
- Devil - The two fought for Kazuya's soul in Tekken 2,
- Unknown - Angel had an encounter with her in Unknown's ending (non-canon).
- Though she lacks a voice in Tekken 2 save for a few grunts, Angel gains one in Tekken Tag Tournament, though it is actually a recycled version of Anna Williams' voice from the original Tekken game and Tekken 2, but with a deeper pitch.
- Elysium (a character from Soul Calibur V which is also made by Namco) greatly resembles Angel.
- Angel comes from ancient Greek, and the meaning is "bear a message, announce, bring news of".
- It is unknown if "Angel" is her real name or if she has another one.
- Angel acts as an alternate costume for Devil.
- Like in Tekken 2, Angel acts again as an alternate costume swap for Devil.
- Her ending is similar to Jun Kazama's ending.
- She is the only character that is not used by the computer.
- She now has her own character slot.
- In the console version of the game, Angel is featured in the opening movie.
- Her fighting style resemblances Devil Jin's but she mostly has her own attacks.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, the Swap Costume of Rufus (from the Street Fighter series) is based on Angel's design.