Anna in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Anna Williams|
|Fighting Style||Koppo-jutsu and Aikido |
|Height||163cm (5′ 4″)|
|Weight||49kg (108 lbs)|
|Hair||Black (TK1-TK2) |
|Likes||Express coffee |
39 (physically 20) (TK3)
41 (physically 22) (TK5, TK6)
|Hobby||Traveling (TK2) |
Planting false memories in Nina Williams (TK3)
|Family||Richard Williams (Father)|
Mrs. Williams (Mother)
Nina Williams (Sister)
Steve Fox (Nephew)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Card Challenge
Death by Degrees
Claire Hamilton (Motion Picture)
Lenne Hardt (TK5-TK6:BR, TTT2, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition)
Debra Rogers (DbD, TK6:BR, Scenario Campaign)
Tara Platt (TK:BV-TTT2)
Anna Williams (アンア・ウィリアムズ Anna Wiriamuzu?) is a character in the Tekken series. She was introduced in the first Tekken game, and she returned for every subsequent game except Tekken 4. She is trained in assassination martial arts and always appears in her trademark red silk dress and/or a blue version of it.
Anna has a violent sibling rivalry with her older sister, Nina Williams, that goes back many years. This rivalry seems to have intensified after the death of their father, Richard Williams, as each sister holds the other responsible. Her attitude contrasts to that of her sister in which Anna has a flirtatious and less serious personality compared to Nina.
Anna is the younger sister of Nina Williams. Anna learned her Aikido techniques from her mother, a female national Aikido champion. Her father, Richard Williams, taught Nina assassination techniques, but he has neglected Anna for years and never taught them to her.
It seems as if Anna entered the first tournament to get back at her sister, but they ended up fighting at their apartment.
Ending Description: Anna has no ending even though she makes a cameo in Nina William's ending. She bursts into the kitchen, accusing her sister of stealing one of her high heels. In anger, Nina slaps her and Anna turns her back sobbing.
While her back is turned, Nina reveals that she had the shoe the whole time.
As in the first tournament, Nina was once again hired to assassinate the sponsor of the current tournament, Kazuya Mishima. Whether at Kazuya's discretion or Anna's own volition, Anna became a bodyguard for Kazuya, along with Ganryu and Bruce Irvin, who were all charged with Kazuya's protection. It is likely that Anna's intervention prevented her sister from carrying out her contract, and Nina was later captured by Mishima Zaibatsu forces and used in Doctor Boskonovitch's cryonics ('cold-sleep') research. Learning about this, Anna volunteered to be another test subject, requesting that she be woken in the future at the same time as Nina. Her reasons for doing so remain ambiguous, though the game suggests that Anna would have felt lonely without Nina and/or jealous at the thought of her sister's youth being preserved.
Ending Description, "In The Shower...": Anna is taking a shower. She turns the water off, grabs a towel, and gets out of the shower. Nina walks in. A few seconds later, Anna turns her head around, and Nina takes a picture of her with a camera. Nina holds up the picture and laughs. There is a closeup of the photo before this ending ends. It shows Anna covering her breasts with her arms.
Nineteen years ago, Kazuya Mishima confided some alarming news to Anna. Her sister, Nina Williams, was planning to become a guinea pig of Doctor Bosconovitch's "Cold Sleep". As much as they quarreled, Anna would miss her sleeping sister. Even worse was the fact that she would continue to age while her sister was frozen in time. Anna also went to Dr. Bosconovitch, subjected her to the Cold Sleep, and asked to be awakened at the same time that Nina was awakened.
Sensing the God of Fighting's evil presence, both Nina and Anna awoke nineteen years later. Anna awoke without any side effects, but Nina had somehow lost all of her memories of Anna, which saddened Anna, because she was making an effort to continue their sibling rivalry. Now, rather than fighting Nina, Anna felt the need to help Nina and prevent her from again becoming an assassin.
Ending Description, "Pool Side" (Japanese version): Anna and Nina are laying on chairs at the beach. Three men come up to them. Two of the men are dancing while one flexes his muscles. Nina turns her head away. One of them pulls Nina off of her chair by the arm, and he dances while holding Nina's arm. Anna is shown with the other two men. Anna is enjoying their attention. Nina gives a disgusted look, and she breaks free of the man's grasp. Nina walks up behind Anna and pulls the upper half of Anna's bikini down so that it falls off. A mortified look appears on Anna's face as she covers her breasts. Nina walks away, takes her sunglasses off, and smiles.
(American/European version): Anna and Nina are laying on chairs at the beach. Three men come up to them. Two of the men are dancing while one flexes his muscles. Nina turns her head away. Anna is shown with two of the men. Anna is enjoying their attention. They walk past Nina and the other man. The other man goes with them. Anna and the three men walk away. Anna flicks her hair once and smiles.
In Tekken 4, Anna is mysteriously and inexplicably absent, though she is mentioned in Nina's Tekken 4 prologue.
Sister and rival of Nina Williams, Anna had been leading a dull and boring life since the disappearance of her sister. That all changed one day when she received a phone call from Nina. Several days later, the two met again after having been apart for two years. However, upon seeing her sister's face, Nina immediately opened fire. Anna returned fire and the ensuing gun battle lasted for days.
Both sides failed to land a decisive blow and it was decided they would settle things at The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. Anna vowed to eliminate her sister once and for all
Prologue Text: Anna Williams. A woman who has always fought with her sister, Nina. Nina vanished a few years ago and Anna felt something was missing in her life. Then she got a call... from Nina. Anna met Nina a few days later and the moment Nina saw her sister, shots were fired. The ensuing clash lasted for many days. In the end they decided to calm things in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. Anna said negatively, "That fool! This time, she's dead!".
Epilogue Text:: After being inspired by their sibling rivalry, a movie director insists on casting them in an upcoming film. "With that witch?!" Despite her hatred for her sister, knows that this is a chance she can't pass up.
Ending Description: Anna and Nina are hired to take part in a movie. They fight on a castle's rooftop with swords. In the end, Nina is victorious, and Anna falls to the ground. The director complains that they aren't following the script. A few seconds later, Nina's armor begins to fall off. Nina tries to hold on to her armor as it falls off. Then, the camera shows Anna, who has risen off of the ground slightly, laughing.
After the humiliating defeat from her older sister and enemy, Nina Williams… Anna sought revenge. She didn’t want it to end this way. Nina though, has already gone into hiding. Hearing rumors that Nina Williams has joined forces with the new Mishima Zaibatsu, Anna Williams decided to join forces with G Corporation.
Prologue Text: After the humiliating defeat from her older sister and enemy, Nina Williams… Anna sought revenge. She didn’t want it to end this way. Nina though, has already gone into hiding. Hearing rumors that Nina Williams has joined forces with the new Mishima Zaibatsu, Anna Williams decided to join forces with G Corporation.
Ending Description: In a club where Nina and Anna are located, Anna goes first for billiards, chalking the nub of her cue up. Then, a thug enters to the other table, ready to play billiards as well. He turns around as Anna bumps him behind her with her booty along with his (making a "boing" sound effect) accidentally, causing him to stumble, waving his arms around madly to stabilize himself. Anna slyly apologizes.
As the thug turns around, Anna clubbed him accidentally with a cue stick, and covers her mouth, feigning a shocked expression. The thug grew furious at Anna, who isn't phased, and drew his knife. Nina struts up next to her sister and crosses her arms, both women stood in offensive. The thug tries to lunge his knife at Anna, but Anna grabbed the man and kneed him in the groin, leaving him open for Nina to launch him in the air with a kick, which gave Anna enough time to leap in the air and kick him. The thug lands onto his pool table. Nina "wows" her sister. Unexpectedly, Lee Chaolan gives them a thumbs-up for their performance, surprising Nina.
Anna Williams is featured in Tekken: The Motion Picture. Anna was in a romantic relationship with Lee Chaolan, who hired Nina to assassinate Kazuya Mishima by convincing her he had romantic feelings for her. After staying the night with Lee in a hotel, Anna attacks Kazuya, Nina, and Jun Kazama just to escape afterwards. Later on in the film, Anna manages to run into Nina on the island where they induce in combat. After a remark about their father, Anna escapes from a grab and tells Nina off about how Lee isn't actually in love with her, and that he's actually with Anna herself. It just so happens Lee just initiated 'R Experiment', which happens to be the release of a group of Alex clones onto the island. Even though the assistants tell Lee Nina and Anna are still present on the island, Lee sees it as more of an opportunity for test subjects. One clone happens to be in full on camouflage behind Anna as she is telling Nina off, and although Nina notices and exclaims, "Oh no!", Anna mistakes her interruption as a response to the news about Lee. The Alex clone quickly mutilates Anna as her scream is heard throughout the island.
Anna is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Anna appears in Nina's spinoff game, Death by Degrees. In the game, Anna is a member of the Tekken Force. Anna is also fought as a boss twice in the game. Like in the Tekken games, Anna fights using her fists and feet. Nina first encounters Anna when she is walking across an old bridge with Lukas Hayes. When Lukas opens the door, he is shocked to see Anna. Anna kicks him onto the bridge, and he falls through it. Then, she challenges Nina to a fight. Nina must defeat Anna while being careful not to fall through the bridge.
The bridge breaks on certain occassions, like when one of the two gets knocked down onto the bridge. Each section usually takes about three "hits" for it to break. After Nina wins, Type J is shown watching the two fight. It jumps onto the bridge, and it predictably goes right through it. Anna goes down with it. Nina remains on the part of the bridge that didn't cave in. It is revealed that Lukas got caught in some ropes, which saved his life. Then, Anna falls onto him. They both fall and land on sandbags. Anna runs away while Type J targets Lukas.
Near the end of the game, Nina is trying to escape the Amphitrite, which is about to blow up due to a self-destruct feature being activated. While Nina tries to grab onto the ladder that a helicopter above deployed, Anna kicks Nina. Then, Anna challenges Nina to a fight once again. Nina must fight Anna while avoiding barrels that are on fire that are coming towards them and the water below. There are two cutscenes that show Nina and Anna fighting during this fight. After Nina wins the fight, Anna almost falls into the water below. Nina grabs her hand, and then she reminisces about when her father, Richard Williams, and others were killed with gunfire, and Anna comforted her afterwards.
Anna appears in the Tekken live-action movie along with her sister Nina as assassins who work for Kazuya. She is portrayed by Marian Zapico.
Anna appeared in the CG Tekken movie, Blood Vengeance as one of the main characters.
Anna returns as a playable character in the sequel, Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Anna steps out of a limo and walks down a red carpet, stopping and posing for many cameras. Several roses are thrown at her. Anna takes the rose and use it as a guide to throw the knife at a car, where Nina is aiming her rifle. The knife hits the rifle and knocks Nina down. Zafina then steps out of the crowd, wielding two daggers. Anna throws two more knives at Zafina, who deflects them with her daggers. Gas is emitted from the knives, and as this happens Anna reveals a rocket launcher. Kunimitsu is then seen preparing to attack Anna, who fires a rocket at Kunimitsu. As the rocket strikes Kunimitsu, several fireworks go off. Anna poses for the cameras with her rocket launcher once more.
Character Relationships Edit
- Nina Williams - Her sister and rival. She was defeated by her in Tekken 5.
- Richard Williams - Her father.
- Mrs. Williams - Her mother.
- Steve Fox - Her nephew.
- Doctor Bosconovitch - She volunteered for his Cold Sleep research.
- Kazuya Mishima - She's his bodyguard and secretary in Tekken 2, and Tekken 6.
- Lee Chaolan - Was in a romantic relationship with him in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
- Ling Xiaoyu - Her spy in Tekken: Blood Vengeance (non-canon).
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Her enemy in Tekken 6.
- Lars Alexandersson - Her enemy in Tekken 6.
- Eddy Gordo - Her enemy in Tekken 6.
- Shin Kamiya - She ordered Ling Xiaoyu to hunt him down in Tekken: Blood Vengeance (non-canon).
- Jin Kazama - Her enemy and rival in Tekken 6 and Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Mokujin - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge (non-canon).
- Yoshimitsu - One of her bosses in Tekken 3's Tekken Force mode.
- Alex - Anna was killed by him in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
This section is incomplete. You can help the Tekken Wiki by expanding it.
Ghost Data Edit
- Anna has appeared in all Tekken games except Tekken 4 (her absence in said game remains unexplained). This makes Anna, along with Kazuya Mishima, Lee Chaolan and Lei Wulong, the only characters to appear in all but one Tekken game. Kazuya is absent from the Tekken 3 line-up (both arcade and console version), while Lei does not appear in the original and Lee does not appear in Tekken 3.
- Anna's fighting style consists of Koppo-jutsu and Hapkido.
- Anna is completely unaware that Steve Fox is her nephew.
- In pre-Tekken 4 games, Anna's Chaos Judgement stance had her raising her right leg (b+4), while in post-Tekken 4 games, she raises her left (b+3). The reason for this change is unknown.
- Until Tekken 3, Anna had blueish black hair as opposed to her now brown hair. This is probably why her appearance in the animated motion picture shows her with black hair rather than her updated color.
- Anna appears to be left handed, as she bowls with her left hand in the Tekken Bowl mini game.
- Anna's possible weapon of choice is a Bazooka which she uses in both, The Motion Picture, in the Tekken 5 opening, as well as in her TTT2 ending. She can also be customized to have a bazooka item move in Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion.
- Anna is the only human character who attacks with her hips.
- There is a hint about Anna's age in Tekken 6. In Scenario Campaign, when playing Asuka Kazama in G Corporation Millennium Tower Heliport, she calls Anna an "old broad". Furthermore, when using Julia Chang in G-Corporation Millennium Tower, she describes her as an "old witch", confirming the fact that Anna is 41-years-old.
- Anna's "Short Hair" customization greatly resembles that of Ivy from Namco's Soul Calibur series.
- If Anna performs Twisted Mind (d+3+4 opponent on floor) on Bryan Fury, he will do a sadistic laugh.
- Anna's win quote, "I don't have time to play games with you", is exactly identical to Helena's pre-fight quote in Dead or Alive 5.
- Anna has a special win pose with Nina in TTT2. She poses for Nina only to get kicked for turning her back to her.
- Anna's dialogue is voiced by Tara Platt, while her grunts are voiced by Lenne Hardt.
- She appeared in Fight Lab mode at stage 3 chapter 2, known as an undentified octopus, due to her B slot outfit being octopus themed.
- Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge is Gun Jack.
- A custom character can be customized to resemble Anna in Soulcalibur IV's Create-a-Soul.