Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Azazel (アザゼル Azazeru?) is the main antagonist of Tekken 6. It is the second Tekken villain, after Ogre, to present no blood relation to the Mishima family (although he is yet still related to them in a way, as he carries the Devil Gene like them).
While little is known about Azazel's history, he is known as the ultimate evil that will awaken when "two evil stars" clash in battle. Despite the efforts of many, Azazel is ultimately awoken as a result of the overflow of negative energy produced by Jin Kazama throwing the world into chaos in order to awaken and destroy him. Once awake, Azazel faces Lars Alexandersson and Raven in battle, and loses. During the fight, Azazel reveals that it is known as the "Rectifier of All Things", he was created as a result of the sins of mankind, and the time has come for him to destroy humanity so that they can atone, but being too injured to continue the battle, he apparently self-destructs.
However, this is later revealed to have been a ruse in order to gather more strength. As Jin and Lars fight outside the temple, during which Jin fully explains his motives to Lars, Azazel bursts out from the ground underneath them, stronger than ever before. Jin, however, powers up with the Devil Gene and approaches Azazel, who fires countless beams of energy at Jin, only for them to be deflected away. Without warning, Jin punches his fist straight through Azazel's chest and the two of them plummet into the abyss below. The outcome of the battle is not shown, but it can be safely assumed that Azazel has been destroyed once and for all.
Azazel appears to have the abilities to summon crystal boulders from the ground to attack the opponent, as well as to keep them away from it, and summoning numerous crystal scarabs that attack the opponent. In Tekken 6 arcade mode, the crystal boulders combo is changed into rocks boulders combo. Azazel also has some moves that are similar to other bosses in the series, such as a stun (similar to Jinpachi Mishima's stun attack) and the ability to fire lasers (similar to Devil, Angel, and Devil Jin's laser attacks). Azazel also has the ability to curl up into a ball and roll towards the opponent to attack resembling True Ogre. He also possess a tail sweep attack resembling Roger Jr.'s, however, he whips it twice in a row.
While Azazel doesn't block by itself, it does have auto-block properties most of the times even while performing special moves, making it extremely hard to hit in higher difficulties.
- Jin Kazama - Ordered him to fill the world with negative energy. Later defeated Azazel at the end of the Scenario Campaign story.
- Kazuya Mishima - The second evil star that is needed for Jin to clash with in order to awaken Azazel.
- Lars Alexandersson - Defeated his physical form, the same way Paul Phoenix defeated Ogre in Tekken 3.
- Zafina - She was the sole protector of the chamber Azazel resided in. The seal of the chamber was broken when she went inside (as seen in the Tekken 6 opening scene).
- Julia Chang - She senses a great deal of similarity between Azazel and Ogre.
- Sergei Dragunov - Azazel became Dragunov's new target to capture instead of Kazuya and Jin (as seen in his Scenario Campaign and Arena mode ending).
- Kazumi Mishima - It is presumed that the Devil Gene from Kazumi was actually from Azazel.
- Azazel quite literally means "hell" (עזאזל) in Hebrew. The term also refers to a mountain from which scapegoats--goats ceremonially imbued with the essence of the Hebrew people's sins--were cast as part of the original Yom Kippur rituals. It is thought that Azazel as a demon ("absolute removal", a more emphatic form of azel/"removal") is a false cognate of the mountain Azazel ("ruggedness of God").
- While Azazel's height and weight are not mentioned, judging by how big he is, it is possible he is 10 feet tall and about 1500 pounds.
- If playing as Julia Chang in Azazel's stage in Scenario Campaign, she will remark on the similarities of essence between it and Ogre.
- If a player has up to 10 million points in Arcade Mode, a different version of Azazel, known as Gold Azazel due to the color he uses, is fought instead of normal Azazel.
- Gold Azazel is the form Azazel takes after he reappears upon defeating Jin for the final time in Scenario Campaign. He reportedly does 1.5x the normal amount of damage, has 2x damage resistance, and glows a bloody, crimson red color instead of an orange, lava-ish color when Rage Mode is activated. Beating him in the arcade version yields 20,000G, but in the console versions, it is 2,000,000G.
- Azazel can be playable in the PlayStation Portable version of Tekken 6 via CWCheat or NitePr.
- On PlayStation 3, Azazel is now playable via User Cheat (Code Unique) cheat device using "Tekken 6 Rebirth Mod" by the same developer who developed the play as boss codes for Tekken 6 PSP. His Golden Version is also playable though random. As a playable when fighting as Azazel vs Azazel the CPU version of Azazel will be invincible due to no secondary costume. This does not appear on the PSP version of Tekken 6. Both Azazel and NANCY-MI847J can be playable in all modes including Campaign Mode.
- On the PSP, players can fight Azazel as "Dark Azazel" via CWCheat, which is just Azazel in permanent Rage Mode who takes much less damage than the Gold Azazel.
- In Tekken 6, Azazel is one of the two characters who speaks English and has subtitles, Miguel being the other one.
- Azazel seems to have parts of his body made out of beetles, most notably his arms.
- In the arcades, Azazel is black, but in the console versions, he is purple. As it suffers damage, it turns more vibrant shades of red, and finally is gold in its most powerful form.
- In Tekken 6, Azazel initially attacks every two seconds, then every second after first defeated. Thus, an ideal strategy is to time one's attacks just before these intervals.
- Due to Azazel's sheer size, Devil Jin can fire lasers at him for up to 9 consecutive times in the air. It could be done by repelling him first with Demon's Paw, and, when he is propelled into the air, the player can then shoot their laser in the air continuously. Azazel will try to spin around but, due to the limitations of the stage, will get stuck and will slowly drop making an opportunity to strike him again and again until he finally falls down.
- Azazel is the only final boss from the Tekken series who doesn't return in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as Heihachi Mishima (from Tekken and Tekken 4), Devil (from Tekken 2), True Ogre (from Tekken 3), Unknown (from Tekken Tag Tournament) and Jinpachi Mishima (from Tekken 5) return to the game.