"Now let the show begin."
Bob in Tekken 6
|Full Name||Robert "Bob" Richards|
|Fighting Style||Freestyle Karate|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 6|
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Patrick Seitz|
Robert "Bob" Richards made his debut in Tekken 6.
Age: 27 (T6/TTT2)
Nationality: United States of America (USA)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Light Blue
Weight: More than 150 Lbs
Likes: Julia Chang.
Bob had always been very serious about his training. He was hailed as a master of martial arts from a very young age, and he garnered many fans with his chiseled body and good looks. However, he could not defeat opponents who were larger than him. He vanished from the martial arts scene and dedicated himself to a special training regimen that increased his power and weight while maintaining his agility. After several years in seclusion, Bob returned to the fighting world a changed man. Those who know Bob were astonished by his transformation. His handsome looks were gone and he gained a disproportionate amount of weight. Bob paid no attention to his critics, and relied on the benefits of his training: speed, power and unyielding weight. He decided that he was ready to return to competition; he joined The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 to test his martial arts abilities once again
After winning the tournament, Bob became a worldwide sensation. His schedule was filled with TV and magazine interviews, with his training secrets becoming unearthed. After cameras take multiple photos, a poster of his obese self appears on the wall, with a blurry image of Bob walking by. He weighs himself in his exercise room, where he discovers he only weighs a shocking 150 lbs on a scale. He steps off, wondering if it was just an illusion, then weighs himself again. After looking at the number once more, he says the following: "It can't be right... How can I only be 150 lbs!?" The camera then shows Bob, wearing heavy clothing covering a skinnier and slimmer body, and he screams in horror, accepting the fact that all of his famous weight vanished without him ever knowing it. He then proceeds to bang his head on the wall, only to be found in the middle of the floor passed out.
- Bob is described as "a freestyle karate practitioner from the U.S." by Tekken 6 developer and executive producer Katsuhiro Harada.
- In Tekken 6, Bob can be customized to look like a Power Ranger, and HUNK from Resident Evil. He can also be made to resemble a hat-less Wario.
- Bob is a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken. His official partner is Julia.
- Bob is also similar to Street Fighter IV's Rufus. They are both overweight fighters who are both amazingly fast for their sizes and have blond hair. Street Fighter X Tekken takes this a step further, featuring a trailer in which Rufus (somehow) mistakes Bob for Ken Masters and attacks him.
- Bob is probably inspired by the ninja Haru, portrayed by the deceased actor Chris Farley in the 1997 movie "Beverly Hills Ninja".
- Bob has no official character relationships.
- His first 2 opponents in the Arena Mode are Ganryu and Paul Phoenix.