Bruce in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Bruce Irvin|
|Fighting Style||Muay Thai Kickboxing|
|Height||190cm (6′ 3″)|
|Weight||85kg (188 lbs)|
|Likes||Smell of gun powder |
|Dislikes||Gangsters and criminals|
53 (TK5, TK6)
|Hobby||Collecting hand guns |
|Alignment||Evil (TK2) |
Good/Neutral (TK5, TK6)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 2|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Seiji Sasaki (TK:TMP)
Peter Harrell Jr. (TK:TMP)
Crispin Freeman (TK5-TK6)
Bruce Irvin (ブルース・アヴィン Burūsu Āvin) is a character in the Tekken series of fighting games. He was introduced in Tekken 2 and returned for Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 5. After that, he returned for all subsequent releases.
Bruce shows a negative attitude towards most of the things that he sees, possibly due to his own rough lifestyle. He does, however, have a soft spot for children and looks out for them. He also seems to dislike gangsters due to his own family having been killed by them.
Prologue Text: In the kickboxing circle, Bruce has carved a niche for himself. He became the undisputed heavyweight champion five years before The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2. His ferocity and uncompromising technique dominated all the competition. It is thought that the reason for his temper and nature is due to the fact that, at an early age, his parents and brother were killed, which left Bruce on the streets having to fight on a daily basis just to survive.
He learned to inflict great pain on his victims. He accumulated a small amount of money competing in pit fights and brawls. He lives for the fight! He entered a Muay Thai tournament in Thailand, where he was paid to rig a fight and lose. Bruce decided otherwise and beat his opponent to death. The bookie of the Muay Thai gym, enraged at his loss of revenue, sent a hired killer after Bruce. He fled the country by plane, only to meet a Hong Kong detective and the hired killer. Within minutes, the three confronted each other. It developed into a full-blown battle, which caused the plane to crash.
The detective (Lei Wulong's partner) and the killer were killed on impact, but Bruce was thrown free. Wandering in a remote region, Kazuya's men picked him up, and he was given a new job as Kazuya's combat champion.
Ending Description: A boy watches as Bruce practices. Noticing this, Bruce smiles and strikes a couple blows to the punching bag, breaking it off the chains. Shocked, the boy falls to the ground. Bruce opens the window and gives the boy a thumbs up.
Prologue Text: Bruce Irvin, once a mercenary for Kazuya. Bruce left Kazuya's militia 21 years ago and wound up in a survival school. A few years later, he heard Kazuya died. Then one day he heard Kazuya had fought in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4. He also learned that the Zaibatsu would soon hold The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. The seasoned veteran sensed something was going on behind the scenes. He wondered who or what it could be. "I need some action. Maybe I'll go have some fun with the Mishima Zaibatsu." says Bruce.
Ending Description: A young boy in an alley is practicing his boxing on a punching bag, when three gangsters come and harass him. The gangsters beat the boy up, cut open the punching bag, and steal his boxing gloves. Bruce appears out of nowhere and beats up the three gangsters, eventually returning the gloves to the boy, encouraging him to keep on practicing.
Prologue Text: During The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, Bruce reunited with Kazuya Mishima and aided him in his plot to take over the G Corporation. The G Corporation, controlled by Kazuya behind the scenes, began a war with the Mishima Zaibatsu. As the leader of a private force reporting to Kazuya, Bruce traveled the globe, eliminating Mishima Zaibatsu operatives.
Ending Description: Bruce is seen leading a group of military soldiers (presumably from G Corporation) against what appears to be the Mishima Zaibatsu. His men cover for him as he takes out several enemies and machine guns. Eventually, all of the enemy forces are captured. Bruce then calls HQ, telling the person on the other side of the line that he won a bet between them. The receiver tells him to clean up, but Bruce replies that he does not need to be told twice. He then rallies up his troops.
Note: Bruce's Scenario Campaign ending is the same.
Scenario Campaign Description: After becoming reacquainted with Kazuya Mishima at the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, Bruce decided to assist Kazuya with his scheme to take over G Corporation, and after they had succeeded he (Kazuya) managed to control the corporation from behind closed doors. G Corporation waged war with the Mishima Financial Group (MFG), and Bruce, as Kazuya’s captain, led his private corps into battle, fighting the MFG the world over. Soon afterward, G Corporation made preparations to annihilate the MFG by placing an enormous bounty on Jin, and as anticipated, the MFG began to show signs of movement: the opening of King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 was announced. Bruce Irvin has entered the tournament to capture Jin.
Bruce Irvin was featured in Tekken: The Motion Picture as Lee Chaolan's bodyguard. Bruce was ordered to fight Jack-2 and broke his fist against Jack-2's steel alloy. Jack-2 would then knock him into the water.
Bruce appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Ending Description: The camera approaches Bruce, whose back is facing the screen. Bruce turns around and throws many punches and a couple of kicks. Afterward, it is revealed that Bruce beat up many Tekken Force members, Heihachi Mishima, and Kazuya Mishima. This ending takes place in Heihachi's stage.
Bruce returns as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Bruce is seen running past people with high desperation. He manages to reach his destination, in the middle of a road, but he ends up startling a driver. Before the car can hit Bruce, he manages to flip the car by smashing the engine with his elbow. He then picks up the baby chick that he had saved. "You're safe now.", he says as the car he attacked before explodes behind him.
- Lei Wulong - His rival and former police partner.
- Kazuya Mishima - His boss. Bruce is also Kazuya's mercenary and second-in-command in both Tekken 2 and Tekken 6.
- Jin Kazama - Bruce was ordered by Kazuya to capture Jin in Tekken 6.
- Anna Williams - His colleague in the G-Corporation.
- Ganryu - His colleague in Tekken 2.
- Lee Chaolan - Lee's bodyguard in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
- Jack-2 - Defeated him in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
- Lars Alexandersson - His enemy in Tekken 6.
- Eddy Gordo - His enemy in Tekken 6.
- Nina Williams - His enemy in Tekken 6.
This section is currently incomplete. You can help the Tekken Wiki by expanding it.
Fighting style Edit
Bruce's fighting style is Muay Thai, which originates from Thailand.
- Bruce's design was heavily influenced by the image of the Black Eyed Peas member, Apl.De.Ap.
- Bryan Fury replaced Bruce in Tekken 3, so they share many similarities, such as moves, a single win animation (which Bryan no longer has from Tekken 4 and onwards), and an involvement with and hatred of Lei Wulong. Despite these facts, there is no confirmed relationship between the two in the storyline.
- In Tekken 5 and Tekken 6, one of Bruce's victory animations directly imitates Tony Jaa's series of movements from "Ong-Bak The Muay Thai Warrior".
- Bruce is Lei's sub-boss and is unlocked once the game is beaten with him.
- Lei is his stage 8 sub-boss.
- Bruce is unlocked by beating story mode four times with different characters.
- Bruce's sub-bosses are Steve Fox and Kazuya Mishima.
- Bruce is Christie Monteiro's stage 4 sub-boss.
- In the Scenario Campaign mode, Bruce is encountered at G Security Service, Operations Headquarters as the stage's boss. Occasionally, Bruce will also appear in West District, Chinatown (Marshall Law's stage) as a sub-boss.
- In Bruce's ending, the real Jaycee and her friend are briefly seen when Bruce runs in between them.
- In Tekken: The Motion Picture, he is renamed Bruce Arvin.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Bruce's dossier in briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.
- Strangely, this shouldn't have occurred due to the fact that Bruce had actually joined G Corporation and had also assisted in Kazuya's takeover.