Cristie in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Christie Monteiro|
|Dislikes||The Mishima Zaibatsu|
|Age||19 (TK4, TK5, TK6)|
|Family||Legendary Capoeira Master (Grandfather)|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 4|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Xanthe Smith|
Christie Monteiro (クリスティ・モンテイロ Kurisuti Monteiro) is a character in the Tekken series of video games. She made her first appearance in Tekken 4 and returned for all subsequent releases. She is the granddaughter of the master who taught Eddy Gordo Capoeira.
Christie is the granddaughter of Legendary Capoeira Master, the master to Eddy Gordo who taught him in the art of Capoeira during his time in prison. While in prison, Eddy swore an oath to the master to pass on the art of Capoeira to his granddaughter.
Eddy sought out Christie shortly after his return from King of Iron Fist Tournament 3, and taught her the art of Capoeira, just as he promised his master. After only two years of tutelage, Christie became an impressive fighter.
But soon thereafter, Eddy abruptly disappeared, leaving Christie only with the words, "I must seek vengeance against the enemy responsible for the death of my father".
Troubled by his sudden and mysterious disappearance, Christie pursues Eddy. Her only lead — The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4.
Christie's grandfather was released from prison after a long incarceration. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with an incurable illness, and he was given only six months to live, but a cure might be possible with possessing the technology from the Mishima Zaibatsu. Several days later, Christie learns of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. She sees it as a chance to save her grandfather, believing that if she possesses the advanced technology of the Mishima Zaibatsu, she may be able to find a cure for him.
Christie entered The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 hoping to save the life of her paternal grandfather. She was defeated and returned home. Upon her arrival, she finds out that not only has her grandfather gone missing, but Eddy as well.
Returning home to Brazil, disappointed and baffled to the location of both Eddy and her grandfather, she learns from the hospital where her grandfather was staying that he was transferred to the Mishima Zaibatsu's medical facility. In order to find the exact location of her grandfather, Christie enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
Ending Description: Christie stands at the foot of her grandfather's grave with tears running down her cheeks. Eddy eventually appears, and he gets slapped across the face by Christie for his prolonged disappearance, but holds on to him for comfort. Eddy then clenches his fists and throws away a ring, which signifies his affiliations with Mishima Zaibatsu and current leader Jin Kazama.
Note: Eddy's ending is the same.
Christie appears in the Tekken 2010 live action movie where she is portrayed by Kelly Overton.
Christie appeared in Street Fighter X Tekken as a DLC character, her official tag partner is Lei Wulong.
Christie appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Christie is seen chasing after Eddy inside the train station. She loses him after a luggage cart gets in her way. She decides to try and look for Eddy on the balcony, but fails to spot him. She then decides to go downstairs to find Eddy and after running through the crowd, she finally manages to find him. A train however comes in between them, forcing Christie to wait longer.
Before she can enter the train, Christie spots a small child crying, and stays with the child before her mother arrives. When the mother arrives, Christie is too late, and the train begins to move out. She repeatedly shouts out Eddy's name to him when she finds his seat, but Eddy ignores her. She falls to her knees in failure as the train leaves.
Eddy's ending is linked to Christie; though for the first time since Christie's introduction, their endings aren't exactly the same.
Chirstie appears in Tekken Revolution as an unlockable character.
- Legendary Capoeira Master - Her grandfather.
- Eddy Gordo - Her close friend and Capoeira teacher.
- Lei Wulong - Her partner in Street Fighter X Tekken (non canon).
- Originally, the development team intended to create a female Capoeira fighter for Tekken 3, but felt unsure at the time and opted for a male character instead. Upon her introduction in Tekken 4, however, Christie replaced Eddy as the prominently-featured Capoeira practitioner. Yet, with the release of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Eddy has been reintroduced to the canonical series as a non-palette swap character.
- Whereas Eddy moves in a much more serious manner, Christie has a more playful, dancing movement to her Capoeira, as shown by her intro and winning poses.
- There has been some debate on whether Christie and Eddy have been good for the art of Capoeira. On one hand, they have popularized the Brazilian martial art, but, on the other, they are adding to the misconceptions about the art. Capoeira still has strong underlying philosophies which haven't been separated to create a corporate sport, like what has happened to most martial arts.
- Even though she is Brazilian, Christie does not speak with a Brazilian accent nor does she speak in Portuguese. However, she along with Eddy Gordo speak Portuguese in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Someone on Twitter spoke to Katsuhiro Harada about the rumor that Christie's design was confirmed by Namco to have been based on real-life former supermodel Tyra Banks; however, he confirmed this as false. [1 ]
- In Tekken 4, Christie is voiced by Xanthe Smith. In Tekken 5, she's voiced by Lisle Wilkerson, who voices Nina Williams in the same game and Tekken 4 and later Zafina in Tekken 6 and onwards.
- Christie has some similar traits to Elena from the Street Fighter series, they are both female fighters who use Capoeira as their fighting style and both women have a similar fighting stance. Christie can also be customized to resemble Elena in Tekken 6.
- Eddy can be unlocked by beating the game with her. He can be selected by pressing triangle while highlighting Christie.
- In her ending, the man who Marshall Law uppercutted in his ending can be seen in the crowd of people she runs through.
- Her sub-bosses are Bruce Irvin and Eddy Gordo.
- She is a sub-boss of Eddy Gordo.
- Eddy can be unlocked by buying her extra costume. He can be selected by pressing triangle or circle while highlighting Christie.
- She can be customized to resemble Foxxy Cleopatra from the comedy spy film, Austin Powers in Goldmember.
- Her sub-bosses are Eddy and Nina.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Christie's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.