"Go easy on me!" -Christie
Christie Monteiro is a character in the Tekken series of video games. She is the granddaughter of the master who taught Eddy Gordo. Originally, the development team intended to create a female Capoeira fighter for Tekken 3, but felt unsure at the time and instead opted for a male character instead. Upon her introduction in Tekken 4, Christie replaced Eddy as the prominently-featured Capoeira practitioner. Yet, with the release of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Eddy has been reintroduced to the canonical series as a non-palette swap character.
Occupation: Capoeira student
Age: 19 (T4, T5/T5DR) 20 (T6)
Weight: 130 lbs
Voiced by: Xanthe Smith, Lisle Wilkerson,Laura Bailey
Christie is the granddaughter of the master to Eddy Gordo, who taught him in the art of Capoeira during his time in prison. While in prison, Eddy swore an oath to the Master to pass on the art of Capoeira to his granddaughter.
Eddy sought out Christie shortly after his return from King of Iron Fist Tournament 3, and taught her the art of Capoeira, just as he promised his master. After only two years of tutelage, Christie became an impressive fighter.
But soon thereafter, Eddy abruptly disappeared, leaving Christie only with the words, "I must seek vengeance against the enemy responsible for the death of my father."
Troubled by his sudden and mysterious disappearance, Christie pursues Eddy. Her only lead — The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4.
Christie entered The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 hoping to save the life of her paternal grandfather. She was defeated and returned home. Upon her arrival, she finds out that not only has her grandfather gone missing, but Eddy as well.
Returning home to Brazil, disappointed and baffled to the location of both Eddy and her grandfather, she learns from the hospital where her grandfather was staying that he was transferred to the Mishima Zaibatsu's medical facility. In order to find the exact location of her grandfather, Christie enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
Ending (Warning: Spoilers): Christie stands at the foot of her grandfather's grave with tears running down her cheeks. Eddy eventually appears, and he gets slapped across the face by Christie for is prolonged disappearance, but holds on to him for comfort. Eddy then clenches his fists and throws away a ring, which signifies his affiliations with Mishima Zaibatsu and current leader Jin Kazama.
Note: Eddy's ending is the same.
- Ho Chi Myong - Her grandfather.
- Eddy Gordo - Her close friend, caporeira teacher and love interest.
- Bruce Irvin - Her rival in Tekken 5.
- Nina Williams - Her rival in Tekken 6.
- Jin Kazama - Enemy in Tekken 6.
- Lei Wulong - Her partner in Street Fighter X Tekken. (non canon)
- Her character was modeled after Tyra Banks.
- Christie bears more than a passing resemblance to Monique Fuentes, Aishwarya Rai and Jennifer Lopez.
- Whereas Eddy moves in a much more serious manner, Christie has a more playful, dancing movement to her Capoeira, as shown by her intro and winning poses.
- There has been some debate on whether Christie and Eddy have been good for the art of Capoeira. On one hand, they have popularized the Brazilian martial art, but, on the other, they are adding to the misconceptions about the art. Capoeira still has strong underlying philosophies which haven't been separated to create a corporate sport, like what has happened to most martial arts.
- Christie is a video game sex symbol being featured on numerous online hottest female game character lists.
- Among the female characters in the series, Christie has the most revealing clothing.
- Even though she is Brazilian, Christie does not speak with a Brazilian accent nor does she speak in Portuguese. However, she along with Eddy Gordo will speak in Portuguese in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- She is basically a pallete swap of Eddy, the only difference between both are the throws.
- In Tekken 4, Christie is voiced by Xanthe Smith. In Tekken 5, she's voiced by Lisle Wilkerson, who voices Nina Williams in the same game and Tekken 4.
- Eddy can be unlocked by beating the game with her. He can be selected by pressing triangle while highlighting Christie.
- In her ending, the man who Marshall Law uppercutted in his ending can be seen in the crowd of people she runs through.
- Her sub-bosses are Bruce Irvin and Eddy Gordo.
- She is a sub-boss of Eddy Gordo.
- Eddy can be unlocked by beating the game with her. He can be selected by pressing triangle or circle while highlighting Christie.
- She has the same ending as Eddy.
- She has the same ending as Eddy.
- She can be customized as Elena from Street Fighter III, and Foxxy Cleopatra from Austin Powers in Goldmember.
- Her sub-bosses are Eddy and Nina.