Combot (コンボット Konbotto?) is a character in the Tekken series of fighting games, making his first appearance in Tekken 4 and returning in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. While unplayable, Combot also makes a cameo appearance in Tekken 7, visible in the background of the Violet Systems stage.
Combot is a multi general purpose robot created by Lee Chaolan (under the disguise of Violet) to enter the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4. Combot is programmed to do a wide variety of things, from household chores to military action. Combot was designed to be the ultimate fighting machine, and was programmed to learn every fighter's style as it progressed through the tournament. It was also used to increase the chance of Lee gaining the Mishima Zaibatsu if Heihachi were to be defeated by Combot. Unfortunately, the prototype was rushed due to time constraints and a few bugs were left in Combot's data. Because of this, whenever Combot is powered up, he can only utilize one opponent's fighting style at a time.
Combot returns in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a console exclusive character. He is also the focus of the Fight Lab mode.
Ending Description: Combot is slowly walking around a city, and is stunned when he sees a machine crusher. As he watches the machine crush several cars, Combot's body falls apart, and his eyes flicker and dim. Violet finds him lying broken on the ground, and holds the remaining head and torso in his arms, looking at him sadly.
Combot was the replacement (gameplay-wise) for Mokujin in Tekken 4. However, unlike Mokujin, who produces a new character to mimic each round, Combot's playing style stays consistent throughout the match. For Tekken Tag Tournament 2, he can be customized with moves from the whole roster.
- Upon selection, the voice announcing Combot's name is different to the regular male voice that announces all other character names; when Combot is selected, a robotic voice that sounds as if Combot is speaking is heard instead.
- Jack-6 can be customized to resemble Combot.
- Though never referred to by name, in Scenario Campaign mode, Combot is mentioned by certain characters at the start of Lee's stage. The only ones that remember him are the characters who are part of the roster in Tekken 4.
- Combot is the only character who cannot be fought as a computer controlled opponent in any offline modes.
- It is possible to acquire the Combot-G gear by replaying stages 1, 2, 3 and 5 and attaining a B rank or higher (although A rank is preferable). This should be performed once Fight Lab has been completed and the increased difficulty is unlocked.
- Combot has a special winpose with Lee Chaolan. Combot walks to Lee and the latter gives a thumbs up.
- Combot is not playable in Online Ranked Matches.
- In the final Fight Lab stage, a second Combot with yellow coloring is utilized.
- Several Combot robots are visible in the background of the Violet Systems stage.