Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Command|| f,uf+4,3 (TK1)|
|Damage|| 20 (TK2)|
|Hit Range|| m|
|Move Frames||Hit Advantage|
|Block Advantage||CH Advantage|
Demon Scissors, called Smashing Kick (破砕蹴 hasaishū) in the Japanese version, is a move that has existed since the first game of the Tekken series and can be performed by all practitioners of Mishima Style Fighting Karate as well as Ogre and True Ogre.
During the animation of this move, the character will do a forward somersault, hit the opponent with one leg or, in case of Kazuya (in post Tekken 4 games), both legs, and land on their back. In both cases, each leg that connects does 25 damage, however, if Kazuya connects with the first leg, the damage of the second will reduced to 80% (17 damage) because the opponent will be falling. On a grounded opponent, the damage is 25, even with Kazuya. In Tekken 2, damage is reduced by one third (to 20) when hitting a grounded opponent.
- In Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament, Heihachi would take 5 damage if he whiffed with Demon Scissors. In later games, this was changed so that the player would have to press d when Heihachi hits the ground or simply hold D during the animation, e.g. 4~3,D in order to take damage on whiff. There is however no advantage in doing this whatsoever, as the move retains all the properties of its non-self-damaging counterpart.
- Ogre and True Ogre cannot perform Demon Scissors using the original u/f+4~3 command, but must use one of the two alternative commands introduced in Tekken 2.
- The Demon Scissors tag throw can only be done with Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin as the off-screen character. The Ogres will perform a Hammer Heel on the downed opponent instead.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament, if the player knocks out the opponent with a Demon Scissors tag throw with Heihachi finishing, Heihachi will hurt himself as though he whiffed.
- Although the properties, input, and damage are all different, one of Jinpachi's moves purely resembles the Demon Scissors. This may hint the origin of the move, and probably the family's fighting style itself.