Devil Jin in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Devil Jin|
|Also Known as||Jin Kazama|
|Fighting Style||Unknown (Mishima Style Fighting Karate and Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts)|
|Eyes||Glowing light gold-yellow|
|Likes||Ultimate and supreme power (normally)|
Failure in fights
Interference with his plans
His human form
|Age||19 (TK3) |
|Occupation||The Devil Gene within Jin Kazama|
|Hobby||Seeking ultimate power |
|Family||Jin Kazama (Human-counterpart) |
Jun Kazama (Mother)
Kazuya Mishima (Father)
Heihachi Mishima (Grandfather)
Jinpachi Mishima (Great-Grandfather)
Lee Chaolan (Adoptive Uncle)
Lars Alexandersson (Half-Uncle)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 5|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Patrick Seitz (Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Devil Jin (デビル仁 Debiru Jin?) is a Tekken character who made his first appearance in Tekken 3 but didn't become a fully playable character until Tekken 5. He is Jin Kazama's alter ego after being consumed by the effects of the Devil Gene.
Devil Jin is extremely arrogant, aggressive and brooding. He seeks to achieve ultimate power, and will do what ever it takes to achieve it. He is also very sadistic, as he has a habit of laughing at the suffering of his foes during his win animations.
Jin Kazama inherited the traits of the Devil Gene from his father Kazuya Mishima. Following the second King Of Iron Fist Tournament, the half of the Devil that had fled from Kazuya attempted to inhabit the body of his unborn child Jin, but failed. Jin's mother, Jun Kazama, fought this part of Devil off but it returned fifteen years later after she was defeated by Ogre in battle, and it branded the now teenage Jin with a mark on his left arm, taking over him. During the climax of the third King Of Iron Fist Tournament, Jin was shot in the head by his grandfather Heihachi Mishima. Healed by the Devil Gene within him, Jin resurrected as Devil Jin and made quick work of Heihachi and the guards that accompanied him.
Jin goes through the tournament and then is defeated by the Tekken Force. He is awakened by Kazuya's Devil Gene. He defeats Kazuya and then Heihachi shortly after with the Devil's power. He changes into Devil Jin attempting to exact revenge on Heihachi, but can not land the finishing blow either due to the Kazama blood still existing in him, or the actual spirit of his mother, Jun. He drops Heihachi with a statement "Thank my mother, Jun" and flies away.
Two months later... Evil has utterly consumed Jin's mind. And a deadly force has awakened.
Ending Description: After he successfully defeated Jinpachi, he walks into Jinpachi's corpse and absorbs his powers. Devil Jin groans and his body was covered with furs. After he absorbs all powers, he starts morphing into a darker form and roars in the middle of the Ground Zero stage.
Jin Kazama is an individual under the control of Devil Gene.
His power has gone beyond that of a regular human being, and rivals that of a demon.
In Devil Jin's ending, after defeating Azazel, he takes the orb in Azazel's chest, hoping to attain more power from it. This severely backfires as his powers are absorbed by the orb, presumably due to the fact that the Devil Gene is from the powerful Azazel himself, as clued by the tattoo similarity between Devil Jin and Azazel. Jin passes out, shown without the tattoo. This possibly means the removal of his Devil Gene. At this point, the ending crosses over with Zafina's ending. Zafina takes the orb and leaves, the temple is then shown falling to rumble.
As of Scenario Campaign progress in finale after his human form utilized his power to sacrifice himself kill Azazel and freed humanity from negative essences, then his body found by Raven, Devil Jin's fate also remained.
Devil Jin appear in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a playable character.
His item move forces the opponent to tag out.
Ending Description: It continues after Jin's ending. Upset about Jun being gone again, Devil Jin roared in sadness and flew into space with many memories of his mother and Unknown firing lasers. Now in Earth's orbit, the light of Jun Kazama appears and embraces itself around him, making him fall back to Earth unconscious. The Tekken Force found Jin in his normal form on the beach.
Ghost Data Edit
- Devil/Kazuya Mishima - His devil gene-counterpart father, arch enemy, other-half through Devil Gene.
- Jin Kazama - His human form.
- Sergei Dragunov - Tried capturing him for his army in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- Heihachi Mishima - His human-counterpart grandfather who tried to take control of the Devil Gene's power.
- Jinpachi Mishima - His human-counterpart great-grandfather, Devil Jin tried to gain his power in Tekken 5.
- Azazel - Tried to gain his power in Tekken 6.
Unlike most Mishimas, Devil Jin is well rounded and varied: while Heihachi excels in pressuring the opponent and Kazuya in performing heavy damaging punishers, Devil Jin is good with both, making him a powerful force. This doesn't mean that anyone who picks Devil Jin is instanctly good, at all: Devil Jin requires a certain amount of skill and pratice, because most of his good moves and launchers are easy to see and heavily punishable, so incorrectly punishing the opponent can leave the player open to huge damage. In order to use him effectively, one must wait for the opponent to make a mistake, or using his great pressure tools and force him to make a mistake.
His laser attacks and flight shouldn’t be used carelessly, lest he be left wide open to punishment, but he actually does have techniques that utilize his flight and powers that are quick enough to use out of hand. Also, while his transition to a flight stance are not safe on block, he's actually hard to punish properly.
Fighting style Edit
Jin's fighting style in Tekken 3 mixes Mishima Style Fighting Karate as well as Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts, before switching to traditional Karate from Tekken 4 onwards. Devil Jin retains this old fighting style, along with some demonic abilities of his own.
- Devil Jin's appearance as a devil could be a reference to the number 666, which is generally the accepted number of the beast from the book of revelation. The angelic form of Devil Jin can be looked upon as the true form of Satan, the most beautiful angel, but also the most evil entity in the universe.
- Based from the dialogue in the Scenario Campaign and his TTT2 ending, Devil Jin seems to suffer headaches when Jun, Unknown, Asuka, Xiaoyu or Hwoarang are in his sight.
- Devil Jin's striking movesets are heavily based on Shito-ryu style of karate while the grappling/ throwing techniques are based on unarmed combat of traditional Japanese martial arts such as Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu (大東流合気柔術).
- Devil Jin's skin color is not purple, due the fact that he only has half of the Devil Gene from the Devil Kazuya. He also has dark angel wings (black feathered wings) rather than devil wings.
- His voice actor, Isshin Chiba also provided voice for Jedah Dohma from the Darkstalkers series. His evil laughter winpose seems similar to Jedah's own evil laughter winpose.
- Devil Jin has a brand new humanoid form in Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. But he also has a monstrous form in Blood Vengeance only, which is represented by Devil's tail. This movie is not considered canon.
- Devil Jin appears in Jin Kazama's ending.
- By using a cheat device on the game, Devil Jin can be selectable. Although the name is displayed as Jin, the moveset is taken from Ogre.
- Devil Jin appears in the game but without wings and horns. He appears in Kazuya and Jun's endings.
- During Omen, Jin will adopt Heihachi's fighting stance. He will also get Devil Jin's third eye (on the forehead), which is what led to the alternate name "Devil Jin Possession". In Arcade Version, Devil Jin has a same moveset as Devil from Tekken 2.
- Devil Jin is seen in Jin Kazama's ending.
- He is one of the five new characters. Not only a new character, he replaces his counterpart, Devil, who was absent since Tekken 3 and onwards until the releasement of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- There are no characters that have interludes with him (if the player chooses another character besides Devil Jin) except for Sergei Dragunov.
- Devil Jin appeared as sub boss in this game.
- In his ending, he can be seen wearing a chain belt around his waist and his right arm before he transformed. After he transformed, all chains are gone.
- In Asuka's story mode, Devil Jin appears to be struggling to fight Jinpachi as he was knocked away with one blow. In her ending however, he was seen unconscious as his horns and wings are gone leaving him half transformed and he was healed by her "touch" removing the tattoos on his forehead and chest and his normal self awakens.
- Devil Jin also appears in Sergei Dragunov's ending where he was been held captive inside the water tank to remove his devil powers and transformation from his research scientists. What is often speculated to be the devil entity can been seen in another tank after its removal.
- He appeared as a form change for Jin Kazama.
- While in this form, Jin's health meter would gradually increase.
- When he uses Devil's Beam or his moves, his health meter will decrease in 1%.
- His ending is connected to Zafina's ending.
- His evil laugh causes an echo. In Tekken 6, the echo is gone but the voice actor is still Isshin Chiba.
- Devil Jin is the final boss for Kazuya in story mode.
- He can be customized to resemble Devil Kazuya.
- Devil Jin can be customized to resemble an "Angel Jin" by buying "Angel Halo" and equiping it on his 2P model.
- He can also be customized to resemble a semi-perfect True Ogre with beast head, beast leg, skeleton tail and beast wings.
- Unlike Hwoarang and Ganryu's ending, His ending is the opposite of the two as his devil powers were absorbed from Azazel's orb and reverts back into Jin who finally loses consciousness after he drops the orb.
- Devil Jin's presence in the story of Street Fighter X Tekken is hinted upon in the January 2012 trailer after M. Bison drives Jin through a skyview window with his signature Psycho Crusher trying to destroy him. However, he forms wings from the glass fragments, his eyes glow to an even brighter yellow while baring his teeth and he states "I'll teach you fear!".
- He briefly appears as a semi-form change during Jin Kazama's exection of his Devil's Beam super art.
- Ryu's swap costume is based on Devil Jin.
- Devil Jin's new form originally have similar horns when at mid transformation; but in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they are missing because Devil Kazuya ripped Devil Jin's horns off in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- At the end of the movie, Devil Jin's voice becomes distorted just like his father in Tekken 4. In Street Fighter X Tekken, his voice is similar in the movie while in Pandora's state.
Soul Calibur V:
- While he himself does not make an appearance in-game, Devil Jin's fighting style is available in Soul Calibur V as an available option in Character Creation mode. Users with this style will not only be able to use his laser attacks, but this will also allow the character to sprout black wings when using certain moves. Katsuhiro Harada himself is also featured in the game as a ranked A3 opponent named Harada TEKKEN in Quick Battle, using his style and powers.
- Also, one of Devil Jin's costumes such as his horns, pants, gloves, tattoo, chains belt, upper chain arm, and his eyes appears in the customization set, which is also that the original Devil Jin model can be created with his own fighting style. Additionally, whenever a Devil Jin user is fought against, his theme, "Antares" will play. Recent DLC makes Jin's pants available for use for CAS.
- In order to make sense that Devil Jin is part of Jin, their intro remains as one person, they have a special tag switch transformation (b/u+5), and their winning animation consist of Jin transforming into Devil Jin and vice versa.
- Hwoarang and Devil Jin have a special win pose where Hwoarang will try to punch him but he flies away.
- His skin tone is noticeably more darker in this game compared to any previous games. It is also noticeably pale as his human form is almost tan.
- The English translation of his famous line "I'll teach you fear" (恐怖を教えてやろう kyōfu wo oshiete yarō) is changed into "Fear My Wrath" from "Fear The Wrath of God". But the literal translation was "I'll teach you fear!".
- This line may be a source of confusion for many fans. The line was intended to mean that he was referring to himself as a god and that he is comparing his own power to that of a god.
- This is the first time when Devil Jin have his 2nd intro pose. He rises his arm and says "I'll take all of you at once!" This second intro pose was based on his snarl win pose from Tekken 5 and Tekken 6.
- He is always shirtless in every Tekken game he appears in. But in this game, he wears black jeans and a gray t-shirt (designed by a company called "Oilshock") in his B outfit. His wings are still black.
- Devil Jin also appears in Namco X Capcom and Tekken Tag Tournament but without wings and horns.
- ^ http://www.tekken-official.jp/tkdrpsp/characters/devil_jin.html
- ^ http://www.tekken-official.jp/tkdrpsp/characters/devil_jin.html