Devil Jin in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Devil Jin|
|Fighting Style||Advanced Mishima Style Karate |
Traditional Kazama Style Self Defense
|Family||Jin Kazama (Human counter-part)|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 5|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Patrick Seitz (Tekken: Blood Vengeance)
Devil Jin (デビル 仁 - Debiru Jin) is a character who made his first appearance as a fully playable character in Tekken 5. He represents Jin Kazama after he has been brainwashed by the effects of the Devil Gene.
Jin inherited the traits of the Devil Gene from his father Kazuya Mishima. Following the Second King Of Iron Fist Tournament, the half of the Devil that had fled from Kazuya Mishima attempted to inhabit the body of his unborn child Jin Kazama, but failed. Jin's mother Jun Kazama fought this part of Devil off but it returned fifteen years later after she was defeated by Ogre in battle,and it branded the now teenage Jin with a mark on his left arm, taking over him. During the climax of the third King Of Iron Fist Tournament, Jin was shot in the head by his grandfather Heihachi. Healed by the Devil Gene within him, Jin resurrected as Devil Jin and made quick work of Heihachi and the guards that accompanied him.
Jin goes through the tournament and then is defeated by the Tekken Force. He is awakened by Kazuya's Devil Gene. He defeats Kazuya and then shortly after Heihachi with the Devil's power. He changes into Devil Jin attempting to exact revenge on Heihachi, but can not land the finishing blow either due to the Kazama blood still existing in him, or the actual spirit of his mother, Jun. He drops Heihachi with a statement "Thank my mother, Jun" and flies away.
Prologue - When The Devil Gene takes over Jin Kazama. Jinpachi was able to escape captivity as Honmaru Fell. This trigerred the evil that had been building up inside Jin.
Two months later... Evil has utterly consumed Jin's mind. And a deadly force has awakened. When Jin was beaten by Hwoarang in a fair fight, the Devil Gene took over him and went to look for Hwoarang, he fought him in battle and won fairly, his rival woke up 3 days later in a hospital, and waited for a new fight with him. Devil Jin and Jinpachi are about to fight but Asuka Kazama steps in and demands to know whats going on as Devil Jin and Asuka have a match. When winning it shows Asuka defeated and Devil Jin saying she has no right to interfere with his plans.
Jin Kazama is an individual under the control of Devil Gene.
Jin Kazama's power rivals that of a deity. Devil Jin's story in Tekken 6 seems to follow Devil Jin's Epilogue in Tekken 5 (minus the physical appearance), where Devil Jin has become so strong, his power is comparable to a deity, as described in the prologue. In Devil Jin's epilogue, after defeating Azazel, he will take the orb in Azazel's chest,however, as his powers are absorbed by the orb (similar to Jin's plot in Scenario Campaign mode), presumably due to the fact that the Devil Gene is from the powerful Azazel himself, as clued by the tattoo similarity between Devil Jin and Azazel. Jin passes out, shown without the tattoo (which possibly means the removal of his Devil Gene). At this point, the epilogue crosses over with Zafina's epilogue. Zafina then takes the orb and keeps it.
Devil Jin appear in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a playable character.
His item move forces the opponent to tag out.
ENDING: It continues after Jin's ending. Upset about Jun being gone again, Devil Jin roared in sadness and flew into space with many memories of his mother and Unknown firing lasers.Now in Earth's orbit ,the light of Jun Kazama appears and embraces itself around him, making him fall back to Earth unconscious. The Tekken Force found Jin in his normal form on the beach.
- Kazuya Mishima / Devil
- Jun Kazama
- Heihachi Mishima
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Asuka Kazama
- Ancient Ogre
|Moon Dogs||1st Dan|
|Max II <Devil>||Overlord|
- Devil - His devil gene-counterpart father and other-half through Devil Gene.
- Jin - His human form.
- Sergei Dragunov - Trying to capture him for his army in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- Heihachi Mishima - His human-counterpart grandfather who tried to take control the Devil Gene's power.
- Jinpachi Mishima - His human-counterpart great-grandfather.
- Jin's fighting style in Tekken 3, which mixes the fictional Advanced Mishima Style Fighting Karate with the Kazama Style, is based on Shito-ryu Karate where he can be seen performing Naihanchi Kata and Sanchin Dachi on the embu of Tekken Tag Tournament. From Tekken 5 onwards, Devil Jin retains this old fighting style.
- In Tekken 4, though Jin unlearned the Mishima-ryu fighting style and mastered Traditional Karate that is based on Kyokushinkai style of Karate, Devil Jin keeps his Kazama and Mishima style fighting based on Shito-Ryu and keeps his moves from Tekken 3.
- Based from the dialogue in the Scenario Campaign and his TTT2 ending, Devil Jin seems to suffer head pain when Jun, Unknown, Asuka, Xiaoyu and Hwoarang are in his sight.
- Devil Jin's short name throughout the game is "DVJ".
- He is unlocked as a playable character in Tekken 5 by either playing 200 matches in arcade mode, playing Story Mode six more times after unlocking Heihachi, or completing the Devil Within minigame.
- Devil Jin's skin color is not purple, due the fact that he only has half of the Devil Gene from the Devil. He also has dark angel wings (black feathered wings) rather than devil wings.
- His voice actor, Isshin Chiba also provided voice for Jedah Dohma from the Darkstalkers series. His evil laughter winpose seems similar to Jedah's own evil laughter winpose.
- He was the target of Dragunov in Tekken 5: DR.
- Devil Jin also appears in Namco X Capcom and Tekken Tag Tournament but without wings and horns.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament, During Omen, Jin will adopt Heihachi's fighting stance. He will also get Devil Jin's third eye (on the forehead), which is what led to the alternate name "Devil Jin Possession". In Arcade Version, Devil Jin has a same moveset as Devil from Tekken 2.
- There is no possible way to activate it, but if you have a cheat device for Tekken 3, Devil Jin can be selectable. Although the coding and body stay as Jin, the moves belong to Ogre.
- Devil Jin has a brand new humanoid form in Tekken: Blood Vengeance and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. But he also has a monstrous form in Blood Vengeance only, which is represented by Devil's tail, this movie is not considered canon.
- Devil Jin is seen on Jin Kazama's ending.
- He can be playable if you use the bonus features.
- Devil Jin is seen on Jin Kazama's ending.
- He appeared as form change for Jin Kazama.
- He appeared with red eyes.
- If Jin morphed into Devil Jin, each one second Devil Jin's health meter will be reduced 1%. It's will be causing a great damage to Jin too.
- He is one of the five new characters. Not only a new character, he replaces his counterpart, Devil, who was absent since Tekken 3 and onwards until the releasement of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- His stage is Cathedral and Winter Palace.
- There are no characters having an interludes with him (If you choose another characters besides Devil Jin) except for Sergei Dragunov.
- Devil Jin appeared as sub boss in this game.
- Devil Jin is the hardest character to unlock in Tekken 5.
- In his Tekken 5 ending, you can see he is wearing a chain belt around his waist and his right arm before he transformed. After his left gauntlet cracking, his chain belt is gone and after his right gauntlet cracking, his chain around his arm is gone.
- You can also see clearly in his T5 ending that his skin pattern is turned into grayish and his tattoos in his chest are gone.
- His stage is Azazel's Chamber (mainly) and Gargoyle's Perch (alternate).
- His evil laugh in T5 is causing an echo. In T6, the echo is gone but the voice actor is still Isshin Chiba.
- Devil Jin is the character who rarely used by the CPU in story mode. Kazuya is the only one character who fought Devil Jin in story mode.
- Devil Jin is the final boss for Kazuya in story mode.
- He can be customized to look more like Devil.
- Devil Jin can be customized to look like a "Angel Jin". All you have to do is just buy "Angel Halo" and equip it on 2P model.
- He can also be customized to look like a semi-perfect True Ogre with beast head, beast leg, skeleton tail and beast wings.
- Devil Jin's presence in the story of Street Fighter X Tekken is hinted upon in the Janurai 2012 trailer after M. Bison drives Jin through a skyview window with his signature Psycho Crusher trying to destroy him. However, he forms wings from the glass fragments, his eyes glow to an even brighter yellow while baring his teeth and he states "I'll teach you fear!".
- He appears as Jin's Super Art where offscreen, he blasts the opponent several times. While they are still reeling, he flies into the air with his wings formed and fires a beam of energy that rakes the area before striking the enemy.
- Devil Jin's new form originally have similar horns when at mid transformation, but in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 they are missing because Devil ripped Devil Jin's horns off in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- He looks more calmer in this movie than in the other appearances.
Soul Calibur V
- While he himself does not make an appearance in-game, Devil Jin's fighting style is available in Soul Calibur V as an available option in Character Creation mode. Users with this style will not only be able to use his laser attacks, but this will also allow the character to sprout black wings when using certain moves. Katsuhiro Harada himself is also featured in the game as a ranked A3 opponent named Harada TEKKEN in Quick Battle, using his style and powers. Also, one of Devil Jin's costumes such as his horns, pants, gloves, tattoo, chains belt, upper chain arm, and his eyes appears in the customization set, which is also that the original Devil Jin model can be created with his own fighting style. Additionally, whenever a Devil Jin user is fought against, his theme, "Antares" will play. Recent DLC makes Jin's pants available for use for CAS.
- His official tag partners are Devil, Jin and Hwoarang.
- In order to make sense that Devil Jin is part of Jin, their intro remain as one person, they have a special tag switch transformation, and their winning animation consist of Jin transforming into Devil Jin and vice versa.
- He has an special tag combo with Jin and Kazuya.
- Hwoarang and Devil Jin have a special win pose where Hwoarang will try to punch him but he flies away.
- His skin tone is noticeably more darker in this game compared to previous games.
- His Japanese translation is changed into "Fear My Wrath" for this time. The default translation is "Fear The Wrath of God". But the canonical translation was "Fear My Wrath".
- This is the first time when Devil Jin have his 2nd intro pose. He rise his arm and says "I'll Take one of you at once!" This second intro pose was based on his snarl win pose from Tekken 5 and Tekken 6.
- He never wears any clothes in every Tekken games but in TTT2, he wears a black jeans and a gray t-shirt in his 2P outfit. His wings are still black.