Dr. Abel is a mad scientist and a minor character in the Tekken fighting game series.
He is the rival of Doctor Bosconovitch. He destroyed Jack-2, and reanimated Bryan Fury. He also attempted to destroy Gun Jack and kill Jane, but he was unsuccessful because Gun Jack created an energy shield that protected the two from the beam that Dr. Abel fired from space.
Though he does not actually make an appearance, it is assumed that he is the one that fires a beam from a satellite in space that destroys Jack-2.
He appears in both versions of Gun Jack's ending, where he attempts to do to Gun Jack what he did to Jack-2; however, he fails due to Gun Jack generating a force field that protects himself and Jane from the blast.
Abel is shown on the second page of Paul Phoenix's epilogue, where it states that Abel's total control over Paul leads him to a life of depravity.
He also shows up in Julia Chang's ending. He informs Julia about using her GENOCELL project and how it can help G Corporation's aid in the Devil-Human Integration Program. He tells her to join them in their research and Julia, believing it will lead to the end of mankind, successfully erases all of the GENOCELL data along with the Devil-Human Integration data. Angered by Julia's refusal and actions, Abel pulls a pistol on her and fires at her multiple times, but Julia evades every bullet and escapes.
His most important role in Tekken 4 is in Bryan Fury's "Story" mode, where he appears in Bryan's Prologue and Epilogue. With his life reaching its end, Bryan knows that Abel is the only one that can help him. However, Abel abandoned him two years ago when he was recruited by the Mishima Zaibatsu to be its top scientific advisor. Bryan enters the fourth King of Iron Fist Tournament so that he can command Abel to modify his body. In his epilogue, he approaches the shocked Abel and knocks him across the room before he himself falls to the ground, unconscious. It is unknown whether or not Abel survives this.
Before his presumed death, Doctor Abel had been creating a satellite death-ray, which was used by Heihachi to destroy both Kazuya and Akuma at G Corporation's Rooftop. However, both Kazuya and Akuma manage to survive, with Kazuya, in a few hours later destroy the death-ray with his Devil Blaster.
- Doctor Bosconovitch - His rival.
- Jack robots - He partially destroys Jack-2 and attempts to finish the job several years later, when it has been remade as Gun Jack. Abel tried to kill Gun Jack and Jane but they survived because the former made a force field to protect themselves.
- Jane - He tried to kill her but she survived because Gun Jack made a force field to protect themselves.
- Bryan Fury - He reanimated and cybernetically enhanced Bryan before the events of Tekken 3. He was also apparently killed by Bryan after the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 (although in Bryan's story, Abel was knocked unconscious).
- Julia Chang - He wanted to use her re-forestation project, GENOCELL, to successfully merge devil cells with human cells.
- Heihachi Mishima - Abel worked for him as a scientific advisor and also worked for the Mishima Zaibatsu before he was apparently killed by Bryan.
- Alex - Abel stole him in Tekken 2.
- Roger - Abel stole him in Tekken 2.
- Steve Fox - He is responsible for experimenting on Steve, thus resulting in a scar mark on his left arm during his childhood prior to the events of Tekken 4.
- Since Doctor Abel did not appear in Tekken 6, a Legend ranking Jack-6 was named after Dr. Abel.
- It is possible that Doctor Abel was experimenting on Steve (as seen in Steve's Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ending) when the latter was a child before the events of Tekken 4.
- His name was captioned at the end of Gun Jack's ending in Tekken 3.