Lili in Tekken 7
|Full Name||Emilie "Lili" De Rochefort|
|Also Known as||Platinum Grace (SFxTK)|
Seeing her father pleased
Asuka Kazama and Leo Kliesen (Online Tekken Comic)
|Dislikes||Asuka Kazama (TK6-onwards) |
Mishima Zaibatsu and its new CEO (TK6)
Seeing her father upset
|Age||16 (TK5:DR, TK6/6:BR)|
|Occupation||High School Student|
|Hobby||Taking part in street fighting tournaments, and helping her father|
|Family||Mr. Rochefort (Father)|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection|
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Card Tournament
Street Fighter X Tekken
Digimon World Re:Digitize
Full Bokko Heroes X
Galaga: TEKKEN Edition
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Rina Satō (Queen's Gate)
Asami Seto (Street Fighter X Tekken)
Ami Koshimizu (Digimon World Re:Digitize)
Joy Jacobson (Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Tekken 6 (non-Scenario Campaign cutscene), Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - onwards (battle grunts), Street Fighter X Tekken)
Rachel Hirschfield (Scenario Campaign cutscene)
Emilie De Rochefort (エミリ・ド・ロシュフォール Emiri do Roshufōru?), commonly known as Lili (リリ Riri?) for short, is a fictional character in the Tekken fighting game series. Along with Sergei Dragunov, Lili is one of the two new characters who were introduced in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
Even though Lili appears somewhat selfish and stuck-up, she is deep down a gentle and very sweet young lady. However, like her rival Asuka Kazama, she revels in fighting. This is proven throughout Scenario Campaign if the player chooses her. In almost every stage, it is shown that she sees most of the fighters as "toys to play with" and also in her stage if the player play as anyone except Lili, Asuka, Jin or Lars. In fact, if they play as Nina and enter Lili's stage, she describes Lili as "having a screw loose" and a "brat who should be in bed by now".
Despite this, Lili is a very caring individual in spite of her snobbery. In general, Lili seems to strive for grace and poise with every movement — even and especially during fights (she has been often described as a "graceful" fighter in the series). She is also very confident in her fighting abilities, as shown by her winning and pre-match quotes, despite not having any formal training in any fighting style.
Her behavior, however, is split between efforts to sate her own need for fighting and a deep love for her father, who dislikes violence. As an example of the latter, before fighting her Stage Four sub-boss, Ganryu, Lili says that he has robust eyebrows, just like her father's.
Prologue Text: Lili, the only daughter of a wealthy oil magnate in Monaco. Four years ago, she was captured and held ransom for that very reason. While in captivity, she struggled violently to free herself, taking out one of her captors. That fight triggered her hunger to fight. However, Lili's father was a good hearted but innocent man who doesn't like conflict. "I don't want Father to be disappointed with me... but I also want to fight." Lili could no longer control her urge to fight. Under the guise of a simple vacation, she used the family's private jet to take part in street fighting tournaments around the world. One day, she receives an invitation to a certain fighting tournament from an opponent she defeated in San Francisco. Lili soon realizes that the host of this tournament was none other than the Mishima Zaibatsu, one of her father's problems. She decides to enter the tournament and put an end to her father's business situation.
Ending Description: Lili and Sebastian celebrate her victory over the Mishimas, with Sebastian emotionally dabbing at his eyes with a handkerchief and Lili bursting into laughter at the thought of how pleased her father will be when he learns of the collapse of the Mishima empire. Lili's chauffeur, waiting in a limousine, turns on an in-car television to discover that Rochefort Enterprises has declared bankruptcy after a main trading partner, the Mishima Zaibatsu, collapsed. The chauffeur is visibly shocked at this. Lili, however, is blissfully unaware and still chortling. The chauffeur then flees the scene.
Prologue Text: Lili entered The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 without her father's knowledge, and was beaten by Asuka Kazama. To add insult to injury, her father soon discovered that Lili had entered the tournament. Forbidden from leaving home, Lili was unable to take revenge on Asuka. It was then that her father's oil fields were taken over by the Mishima Zaibatsu. The company fell into disarray, and Lili's father collapsed due to stress. Lili was concerned for her father's well being. She figured that if she could get back his oil fields, she would be able to relieve her father's anxiety. While she was formulating her plans, the Mishima Zaibatsu announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Unable to pass up such an opportunity, Lili enters the tournament in order to help her father.
Ending Description: Asuka is hastily peddling her bike. She cries out that she's going to be late for school. As she is about to seemingly careen into the place, Lili's limousine appears out of nowhere. Asuka yells in suprise and crashes her bike, making her lunch fall to the ground. Lili gets out of the limo in her Monegasque school uniform and goads Asuka into a fight, stating that she's finally found her but their reunion will be short-lived. The two exchange fast punches after Asuka calls Lili an idiot for messing with others' food. After they move off-camera, Sebastian gets out of the car, unaware of the situation, and says "Brilliant. She's already making friends. I'm so proud of her." A close-up of Lili's smiling face is shown.
Scenario Campaign Description: In the Scenario Campaign, Lili is a boss at the Queen's Harbor stage. After the player defeats her, she encounters Lars and Alisa, having done some research on him. She gives them a vehicle to use. Lili tells them that someone gave it to her, but she cannot stand it and considers it hideous. Before she heads back to Monaco, and expressing her lament over not being able to have a rematch with Asuka Kazama, Lili tells Lars to make sure he finishes off Jin Kazama, or else she'll "kill" him. As she leaves, Lars states that he'll try not to let her down.
To be added...
Lili appears in Street Fighter X Tekken as a playable character, her official tag team partner is Asuka Kazama. In their story, Lili requests Asuka's help, as she plans to go to the Antartic to retrieve the Pandora for her father. After refusing once, Asuka finally accepted Lili's offer. Lili and Asuka's rivals are Chun-Li and Cammy in the game.
Ending Description: After defeating Akuma, Asuka begins to inspect the Pandora knowing that it is nothing special when Lili suddenly becomes hostile and attacks her, who challenges her for the box. Both girls starts to fight which as a result eventually causes the ground to be break into pieces. The Pandora slide forward and falls beneath into the deep hole, much to the disappointment of the girls.
Lili is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This is the first game where Lili speaks her native language, French.
Ending Description: Two gangs are arguing. They are about to fight when Asuka appears and tells them off for fighting. The gang members don't take her seriously and attack her but Asuka defeats them effortlessly. Meanwhile, Lili spies on her from a building and orders her butler, Sebastian, to begin Plan A, who reluctantly proceeds with the plan not before make making an off-hand comment about Lili and Asuka's "relationship" with Lili (finding it ridiculous) ordering Sebastian to keep silence on that matter. It is revealed that the gangsters are part of this plan and immediately start fighting with each other as soon as Sebastian gives the signal. Asuka immediately tries to intervene but it's proven too much for her. Lili swoops into the scene with a megaphone, ordering everyone to "Play nice".
Asuka and the gangsters stop fighting as she does. Lili says to Asuka "Asuka Kazama, they call you the Gang Mediator but I think you're nothing more than a troublesome meddler. Now watch, with just a single word... I have them acting as the best of friends."
The gangsters start dancing together and hugging each other and Lili proclaims herself as the new Gang Mediator. Asuka is confused at first but then sees Sebastian talking into a walkie talkie and a poster asking for film extras. Realizing the truth, Asuka confronts Lili, angered, and accuses her of setting up the whole scene. Lili denies this with a smile and Asuka attacks her. While they fight, Sebastian finds it touching that Lili wanted a fistfight with Asuka.
Lili appears as a playable character on the release of Tekken Revolution.
Lili appears as a playable character in Tekken Card Tournament. Her cards mainly focus on powerful effects at the cost of the number of cards the opponent has. Her cards can also be a double edged sword, as her best cards require giving her opponent an additional card, or having predictable requirements that opponents can easily avoid. She also mainly specializes in parries, making her a relatively easy to use, but difficult to master character. Also noteworthy is that Lili has undergone the most nerfs since the game's release. She can easily beat Xiaoyu players, but she struggles against Law players, as they can nulify her card abilities, and put her in helpless situations during gameplay.
- Mr. Rochefort - Her pacifist father.
- Asuka Kazama - Her rival, ever since Tekken 6 and her official tag partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Sebastian - Her butler.
- Lars Alexandersson - She gives him her old SUV for him to travel in during the Scenario Campaign story.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - She was with Lars when Lili gave him her old SUV.
- Jin Kazama - Jin claimed the oil fields owned by Rochefort Enterprises, causing Lili's father to collapse.
- Hwoarang - She teamed up with him in a battle against Jin Kazama/Devil Jin in the Tekken 6 E3 2006 trailer (non-canon).
- Lee Chaolan - She's a member of Violet Systems girls team (non-canon).
- Leo Kliesen - Her personal assistant in The Online Tekken Comic (non-canon).
- Eliza - Held in captivity by Lili's family. (non-canon)
Lili has tons of versatile moves and easy-to-use, effective attacks, which benefit from great range and reach thanks to her long legs. Her damage output is surprisingly high, her counterattacks, juggling and wall fighting will all eat away at her opponent's health. That said, some of her more popular strings are easily recognizable (and spammable), and may leave her wide open to punishment.
Lili's fighting style is characterized by Gymnastics moves combined with many dancelike, acrobatic maneuvers - graceful and versatile spins, cartwheels, handstands, tumbles and pirouettes.
This fighting style is probably self-learned and self-developed by Lili herself, since her father, who dislikes fighting, would probably never allow her to even practice any sort of formal martial arts training. This is probably why some of Lili's moves often reflect her background and personality.
- Her first name, Emilie, is of English origin, and the meaning is "rival". Her surname, De Rochefort, comes from Old French, and the meaning is "of/from fort of rock".
- Her fighting style is based on with the combination of street fighting and gymnastics. It was originally nicknamed "Monegasque-style Gymnastic Street Fighting" by fans.
- Her primary outfit represents the Monegasque flag (white and red colors).
- Lili is the youngest (human) playable character, as of Tekken 6 after Ling Xiaoyu.
- The official language of Monaco is French; but while Lili is shown speaking English in both Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and Tekken 6, Lili speaks French in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Lili is similar and often compared to Karin Kanzuki from the Street Fighter series.
- Both are somewhat selfish and stuck-up rich girls who come from very wealthy families with companies/businesses being threatened in their main storylines.
- They both have fighting schoolgirls (Asuka and Sakura respectively) for rivals. Lili and Karin declared their rivals so after they were defeated by them; Lili was defeated by Asuka at the fifth King of the Iron Fist Tournament while Karin was defeated by Sakura after a challenge.
- Their butlers are present during their winning poses; Karin is shown with her butler, Ishizaki, while Lili asks her butler Sebastian if he can find a better person to fight than the person she defeated.
- Lili can also be customized to resemble Karin.
- In Street Fighter V, Karin's business-esque new main outfit nearly resembles Lili's primary outfit and both has frills on the sleeves of their outfits and wears an ascot tie, gloves and boots but the colour of their outfits is a contrast. (Lili's primary outfit is white while Karin's new main outfit is red.)
- Both girls are also wearing ascot tie as part of their primary outfits (Lili's ascot tie is red while Karin's ascot tie is white.)
- Karin's fighting stance is an opposite version of Lili's fighting stance.
- Lili has a lot of similarities with Cammy's (also from Street Fighter) movelist, including her Cannon Spike and Cannon Strike.
- Lili's behavior somewhat resembles Rachel Alucard from the BlazBlue series. Both of them also have a butler. Her butler Sebastian and Rachel's butler, Valkenhayn, are now playable in their respective series.
- In Bloodline Rebellion, Lili has a console-exclusive extra outfit designed by Ito Ogure, a well-known Japanese manga artist, known for creating the manga series Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge. This outfit resembles a wedding dress. It consists of a white abdominal corset connected to white skin-tight chaps, and a white flowing lace veil. It can be customized without the veil and with different colors.
- Her ending is a counterpart of Asuka's Tekken 6 ending.
- In Asuka, Panda and her ending she wears her Monegasque school uniform customization.
- It is unknown why Lili's hair was shorter in her ending.
- This is the first game in which Lili speaks French, her native language, as opposed to English in the previous games.
- Lili can also be customized to resemble Sailor Moon from the Sailor Moon series and Alice from the Disney animated film, Alice in Wonderland.
- She has a special win pose with Asuka where both girls high-five each other hard but then recoil from the pain of the impact.
- Among all the human characters in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Lili has the most number of character-specific costumes up to date, having three.
- Curiously, Lili's "Fluffy Skirt" DLC Customization item was removed in the Wii U version of the game; it cannot be unlocked at Ghost Battle, Team Battle, Survival, Combot Tuning, or even at the Wii U-exclusive mode called "Tekken Supporters".
- Her ending is the second scene in the interconnected endings between her rival Asuka, Miharu, Kuma, Panda, Alisa, and Xiaoyu.
- Lili is portrayed by Corissa Furr in the "Girl Power" trailer.
- Lili is referred to as the "Platinum Grace" in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Although it is stated in Street Fighter X Tekken that Lili enrolls at Asuka's school, the game is not canon to the main series.
- Lili appears somewhat hostile towards her rival Asuka in their ending as she thinks of her having plans to get the Pandora's Box before she makes a fistfight towards her.
- Lili's Femme Fatale, Heavy Languish and Divine Step were used in the fan-made series Dead Fantasy by Final Fantasy character Yuna in the second episode.
- Lili appears in the Queen's Gate gamebook series and is featured in the Playstation Portable game Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos, she is voiced by Rina Satō.
- It is hinted several times that she is a lesbian in the game. However, this has never been acknowledged by Namco at any point.
- Lili appears as a guest character in the Playstation Portable game, Digimon World Re:Digitize. In the game, Lili is addicted to the online game Digital Monsters and will challenge players with her trained Numemon called Catherine, a Monzaemon who strikes opponents with Lovely Attack, and the Demon Lord-type Lilithmon. Her butler Sebastian also gets in on the action with his trained Angemon. In "Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode", her story is expanded, and she now is in the Digital World, instead of playing the videogame from home. She is a pivotal character in "The Scheming Demon Lord" storyline.
- Lili is left-handed in Dark Resurrection's Tekken Bowl.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Lili's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.
- A model named Natalie portrayed Lili in the "Tekken Maxim Photoshoot" for Maxim magazine.
- In the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER: Million Live!, an HR card has been released with the idol Iori Minase dressed as Lili. It's to acknowledge the fact that Iori is Harada's (Tekken series director) favorite idol in the franchise. Harada himself is featured in this card, cheering Iori.