Fight Lab is a new mode to the Tekken series that focuses on players using Combot in order to learn the fighting mechanics of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This mode is what should be entered into first for newcomers, as it helps give players an understanding of how the fighting mechanics of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 work and how they can be used in battle. The stage is in Lee's Scenario Campaign stage, Violet Systems.
Here the player will fight these fighters:
Fight Lab consists of 5 stages with each of them containing their own chapters (up to 2) and a boss battle. After completing each stage the player are given experience points to go towards purchasing moves for Combot in the Combot Tuning mode. More experience points are given based on how well the player perform in each stage as well as how the player attack the opponent (i.e getting wall stuns). Currency is also provided at the end of each stage which can then be used for purchasing items such as outfits for different characters.
Throughout each stage, Violet will brief players on what needs to be performed for each chapter (and boss battle) in order for it to be completed. Each stage has its own set of mechanics that need to be performed. This goes as follows:
- Prologue - Introduction of Fight Lab and providing Combot with his own special move unique to him.
- Stage 1 - Movement and Limb Control (i.e. left punch, left kick, right punch and right kick).
- Stage 2 - Attack Methods (i.e. High, Mid and Low) and Homing Attacks.
- Stage 3 - Defensive Training and Throw Breaks.
- Stage 4 - Aerial Combos and Stage Gimmicks (i.e. Balcony Breaks, Wall Breaks and Floor Breaks).
- Stage 5 - Tag Play (i.e. Tag Combos, Tag Assault and Tag Grabs).
Note: Fight Lab ending is also part of Violet's TTT2 ending.Ending Description: Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin are all lying unconscious in a room. As they awake, Violet speaks to them through an intercom and tells them they have had the honor of battling Combot. Combot then enters the arena and, despite their arrogance, manages to defeat all three Mishimas with ease. Suddenly, Jin transforms into Devil Jin and blasts Combot's head off, and Heihachi mocks Violet for the "disappointment". Violet remains calm and causes Combot to self-destruct, destroying Heihachi, Kazuya and Devil Jin in the process. Violet laughs and says "Excellent".
- When Lili is fought in this mode, the player has to break Lili's hard body that makes her defensive power increase. After it breaks, Lili's P1 default outfit will shatter and expose her bikini costume (As seen in the TTT2 summer trailer).
- Alternately, this mode can be considered the "Tutorial Mode".
- Once Fight Lab has been completed, the difficulty of each stage will increase. This mainly applies to Chapter 2 of each stage.
- Certain stages may have different Tekken characters making an appearance such as Lili and Jack-6 in stage 2.
- In Stage 5, there are characters which are customized to represent Street Fighter characters.
- It is possible to achieve the Super Combot DX Trophy by purchasing all the 'Development Techniques' in Combot Tuning. It is best to perform boss battles repeatedly (ideally stages 4 and 5) as they allow for credits to be acquired at a faster rate in order for moves to be purchased.