Forest in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Forest Law|
|Fighting Style||Jeet Kune Do|
28 (Present time)
|Occupation||Student of Marshall Dojo|
|Family||Marshall Law (Father)|
Mrs. Law (Mother)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 3|
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Card Challenge
|Voice Actors||Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken 3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken Advance)|
Todd Haberkorn (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Forest Law is a character in the Tekken series who was introduced in Tekken 3, and he returned for Tekken Tag Tournament and its sequel Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He is the son of Marshall Law and Mrs. Law, the former of which Forest shares the same fighting style and similar moves with. Like his father, Forest is best friends with Paul Phoenix.==History==
Story Description: Living in his father's shadow... The proud son of Marshall Law, Forest trains at his father's dojo to achieve Law's success and greatness. As a protective father, Marshall has forbidden his son from entering any contests outside the dojo. Marshall's long-time friend and competitor, Paul Phoenix, visits once every few months to spar with Marshall.
One day when Paul arrived, Marshall was away supervising the building of a new dojo. Paul insisted that Forest join him in some training exercises. Forest declined knowing that his father would disapprove. But Paul wouldn't take no for an answer.
Unaware of Marshall's restrictions on fighting, Paul suggested to Forest that he join "The King of Iron Fist Tournament 3. But he had to prove that he was worthy of one day inheriting the dojo. Marshall was enraged when he found out what happened. To him, it was as if his son had been kidnapped by love.
Ending Description: Paul and Forest arrive at Marshall's Dojo on Paul's motorcycle. Paul and Forest walk into the building and meet Marshall Law. They walk in and bow their heads slightly. Marshall looks angry. Marshall points behind himself with one of his thumbs. Paul, Marshall, and Forest are then seen stretching. Then, Forest wants to teach Marshall and Paul a suicide kip-up. A noise can then be heard. Marshall is shown laying on the floor on his stomach, and Paul is shown sitting on the ground. They did not successfully do the suicide kip-up. Forest shrugs.
Although Forest does not participate in the fifth tournament, he plays a significant role as he is the reason for Marshall entering. During this time, Forest went for a joyride on Paul Phoenix's bike, despite his reservations against it, and ended up causing a major traffic accident. This is the reason why his father, Marshall, decides to enter the tournament in order to pay off the large sum of property damage and Forest's hospital bills that arose from the situation.
Forest appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Forest Law reappeared in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, it marks the first time he and his father, Marshall Law, both appear playable in the same game.
Ending Description: Forest and Paul successfully have won the tournament, and Forest received the tournament's prize money worth $1,000,000,000. While riding on Paul's motorcycle, they passed by Marshall's restaurant called "Marshall China". When Marshall spotted his son, he was enraged, because he wasn't giving the money to his father. Forest and Paul then drove off. Later on, they presumably went to spend their money in Las Vegas.
The next day, Paul and Forest returned to the restaurant, with Forest's money all gone. Marshall goes berserk upon finding out, shouting at them loudly in the process. Forest then explains what had happened : Before they were able to go to Las Vegas, they saw some victims of a disaster who were in need of some help. Paul didn't want to help them, but Forest told him that they needed the money more than he and Paul did, so Forest gave all his money to the poor people, who in turn became very happy. Marshall was therefore proud of his son.
- Marshall Law - His father.
- Mrs. Law - His mother.
- Paul Phoenix - His family friend and training partner.
- Hwoarang - One of his bosses in the Tekken Force mode in Tekken 3.
- Eddy Gordo - One of his bosses in the Tekken Force mode.
- Heihachi Mishima - One of his bosses in the Tekken Force mode.
- Just as his father can be seen as an homage to Bruce Lee, Forest could be seen as an homage to Brandon Lee. Brandon was Bruce's son.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament, Forest's first costume resembles the attire Bruce Lee wore from Enter The Dragon. Also, his fifth costume resembles the yellow tracksuit of Bruce Lee from Game Of Death.
- Forest made his first appearance in Yoshimitsu's Tekken ending, as a child.
- Forest Law's bosses in the Tekken Force side game in Tekken 3 are (in order of appearance) Paul Phoenix, Hwoarang, Eddy Gordo, and Heihachi Mishima.
- Forest Law appeared in a TV commercial, aired in the year 2000 by the Swiss Milk Producers Association, where he fought and lost against their cow mascot, Lovely.
- A man, wearing attire very similar to one of Forest's outfits, is seen lying on the ground in Lili's Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection prologue whom she defeated for an invitation to the 5th Iron Fist Tournament. It was never confirmed whether this man truly was Forest or not.
- Forest Law's sub-boss in Tekken Tag Tournament is Baek Doo San.
- Forest's rivals in Tekken Card Challenge are Mokujin, Paul Phoenix and Hwoarang.
- Forest, or a person strongly resembling him, appears in the Rustic Asia stage of Tekken 6. He drives the truck that crashes into the stage before every fight. He remains with his head sticking out of the open truck window watching the fight in a dazed state for the remainder of the fight.
- Forest is one of two characters in the series to be replaced by the fighter they were the successor to, with the other being Combot.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Forest can be customized to look like Lee from Enter The Dragon, who was played by Bruce Lee, and a sleeveless version of Billy Lo, a character also played by Bruce Lee (only for the end scenes though).
- In every game Forest has appeared in before Tekken Tag Tournament 2, his father has never appeared as a playable character alongside him.