Gigas (ギガース Gigāsu?) is a character in the Tekken series who is introduced in Tekken 7 as one of the new playable characters . He was first seen as one of the four fighters (the other three being Jin Kazama, Devil Jin and Josie Rizal) whose in-game character models were leaked online in March 2015.
Gigas is revealed as the adoptive father of Katarina Alves who adopts her when both of her parents were dead and spending all of her life in the orphanage. He is also the one who taught Katarina in the art of Savate before his sudden disappearance. It is later revealed during his disappearance that he was captured by the G Corporation and was experimented on to be mutated into a red hulking beast by using other fighter's DNA as a biotechnological weapon and was used to test its fighting capabilities by entering the King of the Iron Fist Tournament.
Gigas is a large red male behemoth creature with a mirrored helmet consisting of six "eyes" with a matching black steel collar. If one is to look closely, a glimpse of Gigas's mouth may be caught on some occasions. Most of his body is covered in large black pieces of armor, gauntlets and shoulder pads over his red skin, with numerous loose cables sticking out of his back.
Gigas' personality lingers more to an animalistic side than human, being only able to make sub-human grunts, shouts and gurgles. However, in both his and Katarina's endings, Gigas finally shows a little of his humanity left in him whenever he sees Katarina's presence. Like Devil Jin, Gigas also suffering some headaches when he saw his adoptive daughter, Katarina.
One of G Corporation's weapons divisions entered their latest biological weapon, Gigas, into the King of Iron Fist Tournament for two reasons: first, to pit the strength of their next-gen humanoid weapon against a similar weapon of G Corp's; and second, to provoke Heihachi Mishima.
Ironically, the first battle was staged on the rooftop of G Corp's own Millennium Tower, possibly in retaliation for their affront to Heihachi. Unmoved by the striking beauty of the skyscraper, Gigas awaited his victim.
However, Gigas appears to retain a little of his humanity whenever he sees Katarina without her sunglasses. Turns out, he is actually Katarina's missing step-father.
Ending Description: Gigas manages to defeat Katarina in battle as her brown framed sunglasses are knocked off the ground. Gigas closely looked at Katarina as he recognizes her being his adoptive daughter. When he barely calls her name, he starting to suffer headaches due to the experiments inflicted by the company itself as he painly walks away in the battlefield leaving Katarina behind.
Gigas excels at pressure, with many moves specifically designed to rush the opponent down and make them panic. Whilst his combo potential is minimal, when he gets an opponent against the wall he becomes incredibly dangerous. His Overkill move in particular will take away almost half of the opponent's health if performed against a wall. His attack range is also an immense advantage. Gigas' main drawbacks however is that many of his moves are quite unsafe, predictable and slow; if Gigas is being outplayed by the opponent, it is hard to make a comeback.
Gigas fights using an "original" fighting style which is simply referred as "Destructive Impulse". When observing the movements and motions of his attacks, it is safe to assume that no technique is utilized in this fighting style and is simply sheer brute force. Many of his moves and attack animations however, are similar to Vale Tudo practitioner Craig Marduk.
Originally when Gigas was a human, his fighting style was Savate.
- His design has been compared to that of a comic book character, in which his design holds many similarities to the Hard Suit from Gantz and DC Comics character Bane, especially in the TV series The Batman.
- Additionally, his traits may also have been based on Marvel Comics character Savage Hulk.
- Due to the similarity in appearance and fighting style, many fans have speculated that Gigas may actually be Australian fighter Craig Marduk; he however has clearly undergone a traumatic change if it is confirmed to be him, but eventually disconfirmed, as Marduk and Armor King II are mentioned in King's bio being currently hospitalized for fighting each other over original Armor King's death, and Katarina as Gigas' rival opponent is somehow foreshadows his actual relationship with her.
- The inscriptions on his metal armor parts such as "03 Prototype" and "Caution High Voltage" are reminiscent of the inscriptions in Metal Gear character Raiden's custom cyborg body in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
- ^ http://www.tekken-official.jp/news/?p=887
- ^ http://www.tekken-official.jp/news/?p=887
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTk4YKNZrLs