|Ho Chi Myong|
Ho Chi Myong as he appears in Tekken 5.
|Full Name||Ho Chi Myong|
|Also Known as||The Legendary Capoeira Master|
|Family||Christie Monteiro (Granddaughter)|
Ho Chi Myong, also known as "The Legendary Capoeira Master", is a minor Tekken character. He was the grandfather of Christie Monteiro as well as the man who taught Eddy Gordo Capoeira while they were both incarcerated in the same prison, roughly eight years prior to the events of Tekken 3.
In the short 2-year timespan between Tekken 3 and Tekken 5, Ho Chi Myong had turned into a frail old man. A medical exam revealed that he was suffering from an incurable terminal illness, but the doctors noted that a cure may possibly be found with the advanced technology of the Mishima Zaibatsu, which motivated both Eddy and Christie to join the fifth King of Iron Fist Tournament.
Having failed to win the tournament, Eddy struck a deal with Jin Kazama; Jin promised to find a cure for Myong if Eddy joined the Tekken Force as a ranking officer. At the conclusion of the sixth tournament, it was however revealed that Myong's illness had already taken its toll and Myong had passed away.
- Eddy Gordo - He taught Eddy capoeira while they were both incarcerated.
- Christie Monteiro - His granddaughter, whom Eddy taught capoeira to.
- Jin Kazama - Jin and the Mishima Zaibatsu took care of him in a hospital owned by them in Tekken 6.
- Despite the fact that Ho Chi Myong is from Brazil, his name suggests that he is of Korean descent.
- Ho Chi Myong is seen exclusively in the Tekken 3 intro during the prison break scene where Eddy is cornered by guards but Ho comes in and defends Eddy. This is most likely proof of them having met while being incarcerated.