Jane (ジェーン Jēn?) is a non-playable minor character in the Tekken series. She is a young girl who was orphaned in a battle zone after the Russian government attacked with a platoon of Jack robots. The unit Jack-2 overcame his programming to protect her, but he was destroyed in the process.
Over the past twenty years, Jane has dedicated her life to finding a way to resurrect her beloved Jack, using the funding of the Mishima Zaibatsu. But after she was attacked by the Tekken Force and saved by Gun Jack, Jane now works for G Corporation. While working for G Corporation, she developed Jack-4 and its successor, Jack-5. She also helped the new leader, Kazuya Mishima, create Jack-6 and Jack-7.
Jane when she was a child can be seen as a quiet girl but a cheerful one which she plays with Jack-2 from its ending. As she grows older, she is shown to be an technological expert who can activate Jack's conscience by using a computer or a laptop. She also cares the JACK robots very often in any models he appears in and became horrified and shock when either JACK is losing control until it regains its conscience or remodelling on its own as seen in Jack-6's ending.
Jane has long blonde hair put up in a ponytail, and has blue eyes.
Main Article: Jane/Outfits
Jane, in her younger years, makes two minor appearances in Tekken 2 - She is first seen in the opening cinematic, where an army of Jack robots find her hiding behind a pile of debris. Her second appearance is in Jack-2's ending, where she is seen playing on a tropical island with Jack-2. A satellite, way up in space, is then shown firing a laser at Jack-2, shutting him down.
Jack-2 is reborn... When Jane, now a physicist, was eight years old, she was rescued from a bacteriological war by the Russian military robot Jack-2. However, Jack-2 was later destroyed by a satellite weapon as Jane, still a young girl, watched in horror. Jane, now 27, could not forget the nightmare of Jack-2 having collapsed beside her. She spent 10 years restoring Jack-2 to 90% functionality, but it seemed to have lost the human characteristics that set it apart from Jack. Jane worked hard analyzing the program in order to return to Jack-2 the gentle soul which had saved her life. Through detailed analysis, she found that most of Jack-2's programming was created by Mishima Industries, one of the subsidiaries of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Moreover, she discovered a hidden program... 'Project Gun Jack'. It laid the groundwork for a new weapon, a pivot gun. In order to restore Jack-2 completely, Jane had to approach the Mishima Zaibatsu and solve the mystery of the project. She quickly installed the hidden program and brought the newly dubbed Gun Jack to the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Beloved Jack-5... Two years ago, a physics scientist named Jane tried to sneak into Mishima Industries with Gun Jack. However, they were discovered by a Tekken Force patrol and were fired upon. Gun Jack placed himself in the line of fire to protect Jane. After the hail of bullets stopped, Gun Jack had ceased to move. The day after, Jane was found and rescued by a G Corporation freighter. Jane joined the robotics division of G Corporation and successfully created Jack-4. Jane used data collected from Jack-4 and began work on a newer model, Jack-5. She saw the upcoming King of Iron Fist Tournament as the perfect chance to test the latest model, equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
Jane successfully restored Jack-5's memory. It was not long until the Mishima Zaibatsu decided to make their own "Jack" model, which was ten times the power of Jack-5. The new G Corporation leader, Kazuya Mishima, also demanded a new "Jack" model, eventually creating Jack-6. They decided to put it into The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 to destroy the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Jane is also featured in Tekken: The Motion Picture but is credited as "Jack-2's Little Girl" (she is mostly shown with Jack-2).
She makes a cameo in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in one of Jack-6's panels from customization.
- Jack-2 - Rescued by him when she was a young girl.
- Gun Jack - Protected by him when the Tekken Force soldiers and Doctor Abel attacked her.
- Jack-4 - Developed him while working for G Corporation.
- Jack-5 - Developed him while working for G Corporation.
- Jack-6 - Developed him while working for G Corporation now led by Kazuya Mishima
- Jack-7 - Developed him while working for G Corporation.
- Kazuya Mishima - Helped develop Jack-6 while working for the G Corporation.
- Doctor Bosconovitch - He had a cure for her unknown disease in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
- Jane has the most appearances for a non-playable character. She appears from Tekken 2 to Tekken 6, and Tekken: The Motion Picture.
- In Tekken: The Motion Picture, Jane's outfit bears a resemblance to Sherry Birkin's outfit in Resident Evil 2. The only difference is that Jane's outfit is a summer type, while Sherry's outfit is a winter type as she wears a skirt in contrast to the latter who wore shorts as part of the outfit and wears a different accessory (Jane wears a red ribbon accessory, while Sherry is a red headband).