Jin in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Jin Kazama|
|Also Known as||The Child of Destiny|
|Fighting Style||Kazama Self-defense and Mishima-Based Karate (Tekken 3) |
Traditional Karate (Kyokushinkai Karate)
|Birthday||6. November 1993|
C.E.O of the Mishima Zaibatsu
|Family||Jun Kazama (Mother)|
Kazuya Mishima (Father)
Heihachi Mishima (Grandfather)
Kazumi Mishima (Grandmother)
Jinpachi Mishima (Great-Grandfather)
Lee Chaolan (Adoptive Uncle)
Lars Alexandersson (Half-Uncle)
Devil Jin (Devil-gene counterpart)
|Alignment||Good (T3,T4,T5) Neutral (T6)|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 3|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Card Challenge
Namco X Capcom
Street Fighter X Tekken
Project X Zone
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Jacob Franchek (Tekken: The Motion Picture as a child)
Patrick Seitz (Tekken: Blood Vengeance)
Brad Swaile (Street Fighter X Tekken)
Jin Kazama(風間 仁, Kazama Jin) is one of the main characters of the Tekken series. He is featured on the packaging for the console version of each sequel following his introduction in Tekken 3, he has also been the main protagonist for virtually every installment since Tekken 3 and his role as an anti-hero in Tekken 6.
While Jin is the main protagonist of the series, his half-uncle Lars Alexandersson could be seen as the main protagonist in Tekken 6. Though it could be seen as co-protagonism as Jin's role in the game is the most integral and consequential in the game.
Jin Kazama is the son of Jun Kazama and Kazuya Mishima. Jun's intimate relationship with Kazuya grew and she became pregnant with Jin. The devil within Kazuya attempted to enter Jin while he was still in his mother's womb, but Jun managed to fight it off. Afterwards, Jun moved to a remote location in the mountains where she raised Jin and trained him in the Kazama family's self-defense fighting style.
Several years later, Jun sensed the approaching of a great evil (Ogre) and decided that it was about time she told Jin concerning his origins. She also told him that if anything were to happen to her, he should look for his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima. Jun's premonitions proved to be true, as she was attacked by Ogre four days later on Jin's 15th birthday. Hours after the chaos, Jin, who fell unconscious, then awoke amongst the rubble and began searching for his mother, with no success, enraged, Jin swore revenge. He was then taken in by Heihachi, who began to train him in Mishima-style Karate.
Jin's actions and surroundings fit the mold of a quintessential "tragic hero", excluding the lack of a tragic flaw as of Tekken 6. ... As with many tragedies, all of the major traumatic events that occur within the hero's life are beyond his control. First and foremost, there's the fact that his grandfather and father are two of the most evil and most ruthless individuals who've ever lived on the face of the earth. Secondly, his mother was cruelly and abruptly taken from him while he was still a teen. Third, he was betrayed by his grandfather, whom he trusted deeply. Fourth, the return of his great-grandfather, Jinpachi Mishima, has caused him to begin losing his internal struggle with the Devil within. Fifth, the appearance of Azazel prompts Jin to corrupt the Mishima Zaibatsu further just for the chance to face the beast and sacrifice himself to destroy it. Each of these occur to a helpless and unassuming Jin, who is simply doing what he can to set things right at every turn.
Jin's personality ranges from calm to angry at various moments, and his words and actions hint toward the bitterness within. It is known, however, that he will help them if they need it, as Xiaoyu's Tekken 4 profile and Hwoarang's Tekken 4 ending have shown.
Jin's disinterest in close relations probably results from the Devil Gene. As a result of his family's bloodline curse, Jin thinks that the people he loves will likely suffer, if he ever completely becomes brainwashed by the Devil Gene or become one with it like his father. In short, during Tekken 4, Jin planned to destroy his father and grandfather and then himself, dying without children. and to put an end to the Mishima curse once and for all. However, Jin could not go through it after defeating his two predecessors, so it's unknown if he has given up on this plan completely since he saw the image of his mother Jun.
After the Tekken 4 scenario campaign, Raven found Jin in a desert in a half buried body. His tattoo is still visible on his arm, meaning that he is not free from the Devil Gene. Jin is mostly calm, but can become enraged should the moment of evil arise. At various moments in the series his words and actions hinted torwards bitterness and resentment as well (especially to his grandfather and father, Heihachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima respectively).
He also has one personality trait which is common with many Japanese action heroes: Once Jin's mind is focused in any particular direction, it is immensely difficult to get him to change or even notice the events and people around him. People close to him, including Hwoarang and Ling Xiaoyu, are always going to extremes to gain Jin's attention, and yet, he maintains an indifferent demeanor toward them. Despite that, Jin is a truly good person who avoids his friends for their own safety.
However, he has a reason of his actions. In the events of Tekken 6, Jin uses his new position as the CEO of the Mishima Zaibatsu to throw the world into chaos in hopes of a cure. Although his intentions are entirely benevolent, since he seeks to use this to awaken and then destroy a much greater threat, Azazel, believing that defeating this monster could help get rid of his curse, Jin might have destroyed countless people's property, ruined many lives and won lots of enemies through his actions. This may mean that Jin (no matter how painful it is for him) is willing to go out of his morals if that is what it takes to save the world.
Jin Kazama is of Japanese ethnicity. He has black hair that spikes at the back of his head, similar to that of his father, Kazuya Mishima. He also sports fringes, like his mother. Jin is also notably muscular and toned, evidence of the many years of hard training. His resemblance to his father is so strong, that in early screen showings of Tekken 3 where his character was still unnamed, many fans speculated that he was a young version of Kazuya Mishima, specifically when he was in his early teen years (Tekken 3 and 4, due to their similarities). While Jin inherited his father's body structure, his face strongly resembles his mother's. One of Jin's most prominent aspects is the black mark on one of his arms, a mark that the Devil branded onto him.
Jin has worn a great deal of outfits during the course of the Tekken series. The aforementioned outfits feature a flame motif, and, with the exception of a single outfit in Tekken 6, gloves or gauntlets. In Tekken 6, Jin also had alternative clothing, which was his CEO outfit. He also has another outfit in the Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion, which is black.
At the age of 15, Jin discovered that he was Kazuya Mishima's son, and also that his mother, Jun Kazama, had died (the actual truth was that she had gone missing). Jin trained himself under the supervision of Heihachi every day with the intention of defeating Ogre, who supposedly killed his mother. Heihachi was not only his grandfather, but also proved to be a reliable teacher.
Four years later, having mastered the Kazama and Mishima Fighting Styles, Jin then started his path as a martial artist.
During the game, Jin fought and defeated numerous opponents in the tournament. He also fought against his rival, Hwoarang, although it ended in a draw. Despite this, Jin continued on through the tournament and finally arrived at the temple where Ogre was located. Just as he approached the entrance to the temple, Heihachi appeared and forced him to fight in order to lure out Ogre, but kept this from Jin. Instead, he told him that he wanted to test Jin's abilities and determine whether or not he was strong enough to fight Ogre.
Eventually, Jin defeated his grandfather, and Ogre then appeared before him. Angered by the sight of his mother's killer, Jin engaged Ogre in a fight, fueled by rage. During the fight, Ogre then absorbed Heihachi's power allowing him to become True Ogre and the fight continued.
Ending Description: Jin defeated True Ogre and had avenged his mother at last. Suddenly due to the extreme battle True Ogre violently exploded. Mere seconds after his victory, Jin is attacked by Heihachi's Tekken Force soldiers, and received multiple gunshot wounds. Slowly succumbing to death, Heihachi shot Jin in the head, therefore killing his own grandson. However, when Heihachi turned his back and walked away, he saw the bodies of his soldiers before him, and turned around to see Jin morphed into his devil form, Devil Jin. Jin then slammed Heihachi through a wall of the temple and violently hurled Heihachi down into the ground. Finally, Jin spread his wings and flew off. Heihachi, weakly, sat up and watched as his grandson, Devil Jin, disappeared into the night.
Brisbane, Australia; a city crowded with buildings, new and old. Nestled amongst the towering buildings of this city was a small dojo. A young man trained there, his face covered by the hood of his jacket. This young man trained there quietly, the young man was Jin.
Day after day, Jin trained in the traditional art of karate. Ever since Heihachi's betrayal, Jin loathed everything about himself. His Mishima bloodline, his fighting style, the Devil Gene in his blood, everything. He unlearned the Mishima-ryu fighting style, thanks to the dojo master's training, and mastered traditional karate.
Jin's thoughts burned with the desire to destroy the evil Mishima bloodline, the bloodline of his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima, and his father, Kazuya.
One day, Jin heard rumors that The King of the Iron Fist Tournament 4 was announced.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to exterminate the Mishima clan... Without hesitation, Jin hardened his resolve to enter the tournament.
After fighting many opponents in the tournament, including Hwoarang near the end where they promised to fight in the next tournament, Jin finally had a match with Kazuya, his father. On his way to fight Kazuya, Jin encountered the Tekken Force soldiers. Jin managed to take down a number of them but was outnumbered and eventually defeated. He was then taken prisoner by the soldiers.
Heihachi's Tekken Force soldiers held Jin captive at Honmaru. When he arose Jin defeats his father Kazuya, (whom in Jin's dream is antagonizing him to "give in to the anger", which would trigger his Devil Gene) and knocked him unconscious. Heihachi then foils Jin's escape, and challenges him to a fight in an attempt to take Jin's own Devil Gene from him. The two fought immediately, and Jin proved that he was too much for Heihachi to handle. With Heihachi weakened, he then proceeded with his own mission (which was to destroy his evil bloodline by murdering his grandfather, his father, and then himself), but abruptly paused when he had a hallucination of his mother, Jun Kazama (this could also have been her soul reaching out to him). As a result, Jin dropped his grandfather and said, "Thank my mother, Jun Kazama," before once again flying off into the night.
After the grueling battle between Kazuya and Heihachi Mishima at Honmaru, Jin took flight, leaving the island behind. However, he was overwhelmed by an evil presence and lost consciousness. Jin awoke to an unknown voice and saw a mountainy forest, which appeared to have been ravaged by a giant tornado.
However, Jin had no doubt that he was responsible for the destruction. Upon returning to Yakushima, Jin was plagued by recurring nightmares. Jin could feel the influence of the Devil Gene growing stronger.
"If this keeps eating away at me, I don't know how long I can hold on".
With nothing else left, Jin went out to end his bloodline.
Jin, once again, fought his rival Hwoarang, but the devil gene began to take over Jin again. During this time Hwoarang took the opportunity to strike and defeated Jin. Devil Jin awakened and defeated Hwoarang afterwards.
Back in his human form, Jin met and battled his great-grandfather, Jinpachi Mishima and in the end defeated him. Jinpachi exploded into nothing but dust, as Jin looked up into the sky (this is possibly where Devil Within takes place). In the end, Jin walks into the Mishima Zaibatsu throne room having claimed the Zaibatsu.
Jin Kazama freed the cursed Jinpachi Mishima and took over the Mishima Zaibatsu. He utilized his elite military unit, the Tekken Force, to carry out covert missions in order to engulf the world in chaos. Once he had rendered most countries' military power useless, he took over space colonies, oil fields, and other energy producing resources. He declared the Mishima Zaibatsu’s independence and waged war against the rest of the world to destroy an even greater evil capable of destroying the world.
The Mishima Zaibatsu swept across the globe, taking over nation after nation. But as the war continued, new opposing forces slowly began to show their presence. Jin learned that Kazuya Mishima was controlling the first and most powerful opposition, the G Corporation. When the G Corporation placed a price on his head, Jin announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6, as if he had been waiting for the G Corporation to make its move.
However in the Scenario Campaign mode it is revealed that the war and tournament was just to fill the world with enough negative energy to make the physical form of the evil entity known as Azazel, because Kazuya and Jin are known as the "Two Evil Stars".
Scenario Campaign Ending
Having been defeated by Lars, Jin tells him why he started the war and revealed to him that Jin has a half-controlled Devil Gene, which gives him no choice but to start a war with Kazuya, in-order to lure Azazel out of seal to save the world from Mishima's bloodline treachery, and the only thing that could destroy Azazel, is the person who has a devil's power. Lars tells Jin that he's already took Azazel out, but he doesn't understand at all what Jin says as Azazel (in Golden Form) appears before them. Jin then utilized his Devil's power and sacrifices himself to kill The Gold Azazel for good, to free himself from the evil inside him and save the world. After Jin defeats Azazel, Raven finds Jin's body lying in the Desert. He still bears the Devil tattoo on his arm, indicating that Azazel's demise has not freed Jin from the Devil Gene. What lies in Jin's fate is unknown.
Game Ending: Jin successfully defeats Azazel and Kazuya, and once out of the temple, is welcomed by one of his Tekken Force helicopters with Nina aboard, but suddenly Nina gets thrown out of the aircraft, Then Heihachi appears from the Helicopter, Jin realized that Heihachi had been commanding the helicopter the entire time, Then Heihachi leaps out of his helicopter to commence a battle with Jin telling him that he will return the Zaibatsu back to him. Jin the victor, escapes the collapsing temple on another one of his Tekken Force helicopters and heads back to Headquarters.
Jin made a cameo appearance as a child in Tekken: Motion Picture. Asking his mother, Jun Kazama, if he can finish reading "the story from yesterday", Jun answers, "Alright" and they soon walk home.
Jin returns from Tekken 3 as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament. He has his Mishima and Kazama blended martial arts style with a few new moves added to his arsenal. While Tekken Tag Tournament being non-canonical, it is still looked at as the a refined version of Tekken 3. To support that, Some of the new moves to his arsenal resemble him unlearning the Mishima style and transitioning to the new karate style directly after Heihachi's betrayal when defeating True Ogre.
Ending Description: Jin picks up an unconscious body of his father and arch enemy, Kazuya. Jin is about to finish him with a single punch, only to have paused and dropped Kazuya's body back in the ground. He is then seen with his hands shaking as he falls down to his knees. This restrain is possibly due to "Kazama blood" influence or his mother's spirit taking control of him.
Jin in Kazuya's Ending: Jin is defeated while Kazuya stands over him. However, Jin is rising with vengeance (possibly showing Devil Jin spawning) and Kazuya prepares for a fight.
Jin in Jun's Ending: Jun stands over her son's unconscious body, put her hand over his forehead and takes away the evil spirit. As she takes the evil spirit away she gives an angelic smile to her son. When Jin gains consciousness and wakes up, Jun is nowhere to be found.
Jin in Xiaoyu's Ending: Mishima Tech lets out for the day. Xiaoyu catches up to Jin whom is in solitude, as he continues walking and she is walking backwards having a conversation with him. She then continues on her way, but looks forward in a worried slighty worried state.
- Heihachi Mishima
- Jun Kazama
- Kazuya Mishima
- Ling Xiaoyu
Jin appears as a playable character in the crossover game, Street Fighter X Tekken, his official tag partner is Ling Xiaoyu. This game is not canonical to the Tekken series.
In his prologue, Jin hears word of the Pandora crashing into the Antarctic and hears of its dark presence affecting people negatively across the globe. Sensing a power that may retstain the Devil Gene, he and his company goes to investigate, but Xiaoyu decides to accompany him, wanting to make sure nothing will happens to him. Determined, he sets out in order to better understand his Devil powers.
If your team (or at least first member) are Street Fighter characters, Jin and Xiaoyu (who have succumbed to the influence of Pandora) will appear as sub-boss rivals before fighting Ogre.
If you play as Jin and Xiaoyu in Arcade Mode, Chun-Li and Cammy will appear as their rivals, they want to bring Jin to prison but he is uninterested by them and doesn't care for his warrants because of his goal to find Pandora (Xiaoyu however, was angry because she thinks Chun Li was trying to steal Jin from her), he then challenges them in a fight to continue to find the box. Ending: After defeating Akuma, Jin and Xiaoyu finally reach the Pandora. Jin walks on ahead with Xiaoyu watching. Before he gets closer to the box, he's thrown into pain and becomes influenced by it. Xiaoyu tries to help and calls out for help, but Jin tells her to stay back. Pandora opened and managed to seal its effect away from Jin, but failed to rid the Devil Gene in his blood. Afterwards, he falls unconscious. Later at sunrise, Jin wakes up on Xiaoyu's lap. He then realizes that the effect of Pandora hasn't rid him of the Devil Gene. He then tells Xiaoyu that he won't give up until he finds a cure.
His Swap Costume is modelled after Crimson Viper, a character from Street Fighter IV. The download blurb states that after defeating her, Jin took interest in Viper's gadget-laden suit and requisitioned one for himself.
Jin appears in the Tekken: Blood Vengeance movie as one of the main characters. He's still the CEO of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Like G Corporation (the Zaibatsu's rival company led by Kazuya Mishima), Jin is seeking out Shin Kamiya and his involvement with the Mutare Experiment (the M-Cell). So he sends Nina Williams, his bodyguard, to Russia to activate a android named Alisa Bosconovitch and use her as a spy to gather information about Shin, who's now a student at an international school in Kyoto, Japan.
Later, Ling Xiaoyu and Alisa are able to find Shin at Kyoto Castle, where he reveals that the cause of his immortality is because of the Mutare Experiment. Jin then arrives at the castle, where he reunites with Shin, whom he was good friends with back at the Mishima High, after a very long time. After a brief conversation with his old friend, Kazuya arrives. Then, a surprisingly alive Heihachi Mishima, who survived an explosion sent by G-Corperation's Jacks sent to kill him and Kazuya, reveals himself and tells everyone that the experiments were engineered by him. After Shin confronts Heihachi, Jin then realizes that Shin was the sole survivor of the Mutare Experiment.
Shin then uses the cell's power to try and kill Heihachi, but Heihachi attempts to kill Shin by putting him in a deadly shoulder lock, spilling most of the teenager's blood and the M-Cell's power. Xiaoyu, Alisa, and a furious Jin, demands Heihachi to stop, but Heihachi heartlessly kills Shin, ridding him of the Mutare Experiment's power. After Shin dies in the arms of Xiaoyu and Alisa, Jin, angered at the process of his friend (out of all of them) dying, decides to battle Heihachi (and his father, Kazuya) and end the Mishima Bloodline once and for all. Xiaoyu attempts to stop the fighting, but it's no use. Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi engage in an epic three-way brawl, all the way down to the bottom of Kyoto Castle. After Heihachi defeats Kazuya, Jin defeats and seemingly kills his grandfather by punching him through a brick wall and sending him falling to his apparent death, avenging Shin.
Afterwards, Kazuya regains conscious and confronts Jin. He then transforms to his Devil form and physically strikes Jin (possbly with telekinesis), sending him through the wall and taking the battle outside. Jin attempts to defeat him without the usage of his Devil powers, but Jin was no match for his demonic father and Kazuya cruelly urges him to transform into Devil Jin. Alisa then attempts to defeat Kazuya instead, but is shut down by Jin. Annoyed that Jin has been using a "doll" to do his work, Kazuya crushes Alisa in half with one single stamp, throwing Xiaoyu into despair. Afterwards, Jin finally transforms into Devil Jin, in order to put an end to the Mishima Bloodline. Though his form is completely unstable and out of control. Kazuya then easily defeats his son. However, as he believes he's victorious, Jin finally takes control of his new form, surprising Kazuya and revealing that he never needed the M-Cell. His Devil powers now utilized, Jin successfully defeats his father, sending him plummetting into a nearby waterfall and declaring that the Devil's power is now his.
Afterwards, Jin finds Xiaoyu weeping uncontrolably next to Alisa's destroyed body. After the two friends have a brief conversation about their friendship, Heihachi is revealed to still be alive. Underneath the ruins of the castle, he destroys the coffin harbouring the spirits of the Mokujin, which was the material that the castle was made of. This causes Heihachi to then transform into a giant monster, in order for him to annihilate his grandson. Though the Mokujin try to stop him, he ignores them and attempts to use their power to kill Jin. However, Alisa reactivates herself (due to Xiaoyu's tears and despair) and sacrifices herself to strike Heihachi's weak point. Because of this, Jin finally defeats his grandfather and sends the monster tumbling to the ground. Heihachi's fate (along with Kazuya's) is unknown.
With the battle finally over, Jin puts Alisa back online, making Xiaoyu happy. He then tells Xiaoyu that in time, she will come to defeat him and he'll be waiting. Jin then flies back to the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Jin is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He has his moveset from Tekken 6 plus more added to his arsenal. His item move allows him to increase his Median Line Destruction combo from 3x punches to 6x punches.
Ending Description: After defeating Unknown, she falls into Jin's arms. As Jin watches her, she transforms back into her human form, Jun. Jin, in shock in seeing his lost mother watches her with love. Strangely, Jun disappears, leaving Jin alone in the darkness of Fallen Garden. He remains on the ground, having thoughts of his beloved mother and in sadness and rage, he transforms into Devil Jin and flies away. Jin's ending continues from Devil Jin's ending.
Jin is a playable character in Tekken 3D: Prime Edition. His Quick Battle Stage 8 opponent is Ling Xiaoyu, Stage 9 opponent is Kazuya Mishima, and Stage 10 is Heihachi Mishima.
Project X Zone
Jin is a playable character in the tactical role-playing game Project X Zone, with Ling Xiaoyu as his partner.
Intro and Win quotes
|Come on||Mishima bloodline ends here (Removed in T6)|
|Don't get in my way||Forgive Me (Removed in T6)|
|He is waiting for me (Removed in T6)||I'll get you! (Removed in T6)|
|Fear the wrath of God!||Pitiful!|
|Power is everything!||This is reality.|
|Pointless||You're A Joke.|
|LiGHTNiNG WoLF||6th Kyu|
|J1N K@Z@M@||3rd Kyu|
|XxX DEVIL XxX||2nd Dan|
|MC Jin Fujin|
- Jun Kazama - His beloved mother.
- Kazuya Mishima - His father / arch enemy
- Heihachi Mishima - His grandfather / enemy.
- Kazumi Mishima - His grandmother.
- Jinpachi Mishima - His great-grandfather.
- Lee Chaolan - His adoptive uncle.
- Lars Alexandersson - His half-uncle.
- Asuka Kazama - A/his relative.
- Mr. Kazama - A/his relative
- Devil Jin - His Devil transformation through the Devil Gene.
- Azazel - Awakened him by world domination, so Jin can destroy it in order to be free from Devil Gene, thus keeping the world from destruction. At the end of the Scenario Campaign, Jin used his Devil Powers to defeat Azazel trying to destroy the Devil Gene. It is assumed that he failed since he still had the mark on his arm in the after credits. Azazel was, however, finally destroyed and defeated.
- Hwoarang - His friendly rival.
- Ling Xiaoyu - His long-time friend, former classmate and partner in Street Fighter X Tekken and Project X Zone.
- Panda - His good friend.
- Miharu Hirano - His old school friend.
- Nina Williams - His personal bodyguard, close friend, and right-hand woman in the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Eddy Gordo - His lead soldier in charge of the Tekken Force.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His protector.
- Ogre - Jin swore revenge on Ogre for killing his mother.
- Kuma - His grandfather's pet, whom he banished into the Hokkaido wilderness.
- Zafina - She warned him of Azazel's wakening.
- Miguel Caballero Rojo - Miguel wants revenge on Jin and the Mishima Zabatsu for taking the life of his sister.
- Bryan Fury - Bryan thanked Jin for starting the world war in Tekken 6.
- Emilie de (Lili) Rochefort - Jin claimed Rochefort Enterprises, causing Lili's father to collapse.
- Raven - In Tekken 6, Raven was sent to stop him.
- Julia Chang - She tried to prevent Jin (and Kazuya) from taking over the world in Tekken 6.
- Anna Williams - His rival in Tekken 6, due to working for Kazuya.
- Bruce Irvin - Kazuya ordered Bruce to arrest Jin in Tekken 6, making him his enemy.
- Lei Wulong - Tried to arrest him (along with Kazuya) in Tekken 6.
- Sergei Dragunov - Dragunov was ordered by the Russian Government to apprehend Jin.
- NANCY-MI847J - Jin ordered Mishima Industries to create NANCY.
- Jin is of Japanese Origin, and the meaning is "Benevolence".
- Kazama is of Japanese Origin, and the meaning is "while the wind is blowing".
- Jin Holds only one King of Iron Fist Title in Tekken 5.
- Jin (human form) uses the art of Kyokushinkai Karate in Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Dark Resurrection, Tekken 6, and Bloodline Rebellion; he can be seen practicing Yantsu and Pinan Sono Yon Kata in various demonstration modes in the Tekken series.
- In Tekken 6, if you customize Jin with "Devil Face" and press the following buttons: up + LP + RP, during gameplay, he will fire Devil Jin's "Hellfire Blast" beam upwards.
- During the events of Tekken 3 he has a schoolboy uniform. This with his age of 19 years old should make him a senior at Mishima Polytechnic High School (while Xiaoyu, at 16, should be a Junior).
- Jin is said to travel to Brisbane, Australia to learn Karate.At the time of Tekken's creation, Cameron Quinn – a well-known instructor of Kyokushinkai Karate, Mas Oyama's interpreter, and the author of The Budo Karate of Mas Oyama – was teaching students such as Garry O'Neill and Walter Schnaubelt at his well-known Kyokushin dojo in the city of Brisbane.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Jin's English voice actor, Patrick Seitz (credited as Darren Daniels) is also the voice actor of Bob in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Ironically, Jin's stance in the Tekken 5 CG is somewhat similar to that of Bob's Tekken 6 CG.
- After Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament, he doesn't have his school costume. It is assumed either he graduated or dropped out of high school during the events of Tekken 3.
- In Tekken 6, Jin is the only playable boss character. Even NANCY is also playable, it's not playable in the PSP version and can only be playable in Scenario Campaign.
- Jin is the first character to be raised by a single parent.
- Asuka Kazama was referred to as Jin's cousin in Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion and Street Fighter X Tekken, however, according to Harada (on his Twitter account), Asuka and Jin are not really cousins.
- In Scenario Campaign, if the player played as Alisa or Zafina on Asuka's stage, Alisa or Zafina stated that she assumed Jin and Asuka might be brother and sister.
- Jin shares similaraities with a character from the Devil May Cry series, Vergil. Both believe that "Power is Everything" and without it existence would be futile. They both have a calm and cool personality and have a Devil inside of them.
- Jin shares similarities with a character from The King of Fighters series, K'. Both are the 2nd-main protagonists of the series, Jin is successor from Kazuya while K' from Kyo Kusanagi.
- Both of them are the Anti-Hero or Tragic Hero type person.
- Also, Jin and K' shares a very similar dream/hope, in Jin's case - He wants to get rid from his destiny as the vessel of the Devil Gene and wants to put an end to the Mishima bloodline. While in K' case's - He wants to get rid of the status as the 2nd-Kyo Kusanagi because of the flames he has in his right hand due to the fact his body has been given Kyo's DNA by the NESTS' experiment, and K' just wants to live a peaceful life, that is part of the reason why he hate KOF tournaments as he has been forced to participate by his friends.
- Interestingly, Jin's outfit in Tekken: Blood Vengeance is very similar to K's outfit.
- Sasuke Uchiha's (a character from the manga and anime series Naruto/Naruto Shippuden) face and hairstyle bears a strong resemblance to Jin. Coincidently, both Jin and Sasuke have family conflicts, but in Sasuke's case, it's with his older brother, Itachi Uchiha. He also can be customizated in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to looks like Sasuke (Adult) using the decal customization.
- Jin also shares similarities with Prototype's Alex Mercer and SEGA's''Shadow the Hedgehog'. All have strange yet very strong powers, and transition from heroes to villains to Anti-Heroes.
- Isshin Chiba is Jin Kazama's voice actor, even in the Japanese dub of the 2010 film.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, if you select a Jin & Devil Jin team, pressing the combination U/B+TAG. And the original Jin will morphing into Devil Jin form.
- His skin design in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is more dark than before.
- The flame on Jin's pants has been 4 different colurs. Red (T3,TTT,T5DR,T6, TTT2) Light Blue(TTT) White(T4,T5) and Blue (Tekken: The Motion Picture). Also his gauntlets colours has been 4 different colours which is based on the flame colours.
- He is the main character.
- Not only is he a new character, but he also replaces his parents Kazuya (until Tekken 4) and Jun (until the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2) for this game.
- His Tekken Force bosses are Paul, Nina and Hwoarang.
- He has an interlude with Hwoarang, Kazuya, Heihachi, and Xiaoyu at a game over scene.
- Heihachi Mishima is his sub-boss by default.
- Kazuya Mishima is his sub-boss if unlocked.
- His sub boss is Kazuya.
- He is a final boss to Hworang and Kazuya.
- He and Kazuya are the only ones to have Hon-Maru in story mode.
- Because he was in Austailia for two years, It is possible that he mastered the English language. However, he and Lei Wulong are the only two characters who spoke broken English accent, as shown in Hwoarang's ending.
- This is the only Tekken game where he had to be unlocked.
- He is a sub boss to Ling Xiaoyu and Hwoarang. Both characters have an interlude with Jin.
- He and Mokujin are the only characters who do not appear in the opening intro.
- He is one of the characters who regain the Tekken 3 color scheme in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- He and Julia Chang are the only recurring characters who keep their Player 2 outfit from Tekken 4 but not their Player 1.
- His opponents in story mode are Lars, Azazel, Kazuya and Heihachi. His sub-boss in Arena Mode is Kazuya.
- He has an alternate costume that is similar to Street Fighter villain M.Bison's default costume.
- He is the antagonist of the game and final boss of Scenario Campaign.
- Jin can be customized to actually look like M. Bison from the Street Figher series, Light Yagami/Kira from the Death Note series, Edward Erlic from Fullmetal Alchemist, and Vergil, the main antagonist from Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.
- He also can be customized to look like his old Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection's 2P outfit, which nearly looks like PROTOTYPE's Alex Mercer main outfit.
- He is the only character to receive new Player 1 and Player 2 costumes (besides the always changing Yoshimitsu).
- He was listed on the Lei Wulong's international crime data.
- Jin is the only one hated by most people during the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 except for his confidante.
- His ending is similiar to his Tekken 3 ending.
- His skin tone has become more darker and his hair seems to have grown longer.
- He notably has a few wrinkles in his face that can be seen during customization and special win poses.
- He has a special win pose with Kazuya, Hwoarang, Nina, Jun, Devil Jin, Asuka, Zafina, Lars, Xiaoyu and Miguel.
- With Kazuya, after the fight the two will glare at each other and immediately engage in a fight. Another is similar to Kazuya and Heihachi's special win pose, where the two would glare at each other while crossing their arms.
- With Hwoarang, he tries to get Jin's attention by challenging him to a fight, one time Jin will just ignore and walk past Hwoarang, while another time Jin would just stare at him confusingly.
- With Nina, the two would walk past each other while notably, but silently communicating on their teamwork, while another is where Nina seemingly trying to get his attention, but he just looks at her for few seconds and walks away with Nina stares at him.
- With Jun, both win poses look very similar to Kazuya and Jun's special win poses, only with the difference of Jin and Jun looking towards each with loving mother-son smiles.
- With Devil Jin, Jin would transform into his Devil form and fly away and vice versa where Devil Jin would decend to the ground and transform back into Jin.
- With Asuka, she would try to be friendly with Jin by giving him a "good teamwork" handshake, but he, instead, walks past her with Asuka giving him a frustrated(and notably a disappointed) stare. Another is where Asuka would point at Jin accusingly, but he just walks past her while she irritably stares at him.
- With Zafina, the two would walk past each other, but Zafina stops and notices Jin with a somewhat suprising look. Similarly, Zafina suddenly notices Jin, but would have a more frustrated look.
- With Lars, the two would just cross their arms and stare each other, similar to Kazuya and Heihachi, but more neutral.
- With Xiaoyu, one win pose is similar to Lars and Alisa, only with the difference of Xiaoyu tripping and falling and Jin would not help her up and just stare at her. Another is where Xiaoyu runs towards Jin and happily grabs and shakes his hands while jumping up and down with Jin just staring at her.
- With Miguel, he would point at Jin and give him a threatening and vengeful impression with Jin bluntly staring at Miguel.
- In some endings, he usually transformed into Devil Jin.
- Jin is one of the 15 characters who doesn't show good teamwork with the partner such as High Five and Fist Bump.
- On the Wii U version, he gets an outfit based on Link from Nintendo's Legend of Zelda series.