Jin in Tekken 6
|Full Name||Jin Kazama|
|Fighting Style||Kazama Self-defense, Mishima-Based Karate (Tekken 3)
Traditional Karate (Tekken 4 onwards)
|Occupation||Head of the Mishima Zaibatsu|
|Family||Jun Kazama (Mother)|
Kazuya Mishima (Father)
Heihachi Mishima (Grandfather)
Kazumi Mishima (Grandmother)
Jinpachi Mishima (Great-Grandfather)
Asuka Kazama (Cousin)
Mr. Kazama (Uncle)
Unknown (Aunt) *non-canon
Lee Chaolan (Adoptive Uncle)
Lars Alexandersson (Half-Uncle)
Devil Jin (Devil-gene counterpart)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 3|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Jacob Franchek (Tekken: The Motion Picture as a child)
Patrick Seitz (Tekken: Blood Vengeance)
Brad Swaile (Street Fighter X Tekken)
Jin Kazama (ジン風間 - Jin Kazama) was the main protagonist of the Tekken series. He is one of the most recognizable characters, as he is featured on the packaging for the console version of each sequel following his introduction in Tekken 3.
Brief Character History
Jin Kazama is the son of Jun Kazama and Kazuya Mishima. After Kazuya and Jun's relationship grew more intimate, Jun then became pregnant with Jin. The Devil that possessed Kazuya attempted to enter Jin while he was still in his mother's womb, but Jun managed to defeat it. Wishing to raise her son alone, Jun moved to a remote location in the mountains, where she raised Jin and trained him in the Kazama family's self-defense fighting style.
Several years later, Jun sensed the approaching of a great evil (Ogre) and decided that it was about time she told Jin concerning his origins. She also told him that if anything were to happen to her, he should look for his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima. Jun's premonitions proved to be true, as she was attacked by Ogre four days later on Jin's 15th birthday. Hours after the chaos, Jin, who fell unconscious, then awoke amongst the rubble and began searching for his mother, with no success. Enraged, Jin swore revenge. He was then taken in by Heihachi, who began to train him in Mishima-style Karate.
Jin's actions and surroundings fit the mold of a quintessential "tragic hero," excluding the lack of a tragic flaw as of Tekken 6. As with many tragedies, all of the major traumatic events that occur within the hero's life are wholly beyond his control. First and foremost, there's the fact that his grandfather and father are two of the most ruthless individuals who've ever lived. Secondly, his mother was cruelly and abruptly taken from him while he was still a helpless teen. Third, he was betrayed by his grandfather, whom he trusted deeply. Fourth, the return of his great-grandfather, Jinpachi Mishima, has caused him to begin losing his internal struggle with the Devil within. Fifth, the appearance of Azazel prompts Jin to corrupt the Mishima Zaibatsu further just for the chance to face the beast and sacrifice himself to destroy it. Each of these occur to a helpless and unassuming Jin, who is simply doing what he can to set things right at every turn.
Jin's personality ranges from calm to angry at various moments, and his words and actions hint toward the bitterness within. Once Jin's mind is focused in any particular direction, it is very difficult to get him to change or even notice the events and people around him. People close to him, including Xiaoyu and Hwoarang, are always going to extremes to gain Jin's attention, and yet, he rarely seems to notice. It is known, however, that he will help them if they need it, as Xiaoyu's Tekken 4 profile and Hwoarang's Tekken 4 ending have shown.
Jin's disinterest in close relations probably results from the Devil Gene. As a result of his family's curse, Jin knows that people close to him will likely suffer or worse, if he ever completely loses control. In short, during Tekken 4, Jin planned to kill his father and grandfather and then himself, dying without children to put an end to the Mishima curse once and for all. However, Jin could not go through with the deed after defeating his two predecessors, so it's unknown if he has given up on this plan completely since he saw the image of his mother Jun. Jin has his father as his furious enemy. Jin killed Azazel by his strongest attack AVENGER, Lars told him to stop but Jin was out of control.
OutfitsJin Kazama is of Japanese ethnicity. He has black hair that spikes at the back of his head, similar to that of his father, Kazuya Mishima. He also sports fringes, like his mother. Jin is also notably muscular and toned, evidence of the many years of hard training. His resemblance to his father is so strong, that in early screen showings of Tekken 3 where his character was still unnamed, many fans speculated that he was a young version of Kazuya Mishima, specifically when he was in his early teen years (Tekken 3 and 4, due to their similarities). Whilst Jin inherited his father's body structure, his face strongly resembles his mother's. One of Jin's most prominent aspects is the black mark on one of his arms, a mark that the Devil branded onto him.
Jin has worn a great deal of outfits during the course of the Tekken series. The aforementioned outfits feature a flame motif, and, with the exception of a single outfit in Tekken 6, gloves or gauntlets. In Tekken 6, Jin also had alternative clothing, which was his CEO outfit.
Jin made a cameo appearance as a child in Tekken: Motion Picture. Asking his mother, Jun Kazama, if he can finish reading "the story from yesterday." Jun answers, "Alright," and they soon walk home.
At the age of 15, Jin discovered that he was Kazuya Mishima's son, and also that his mother, Jun Kazama, had died.(The actual truth was that she had gone missing.) Jin trained himself under the supervision of Heihachi every day with the intention of defeating Ogre, who supposedly killed his mother. Heihachi was not only his grandfather, but also proved to be a reliable teacher.Four years later, having mastered the Kazama and Mishima Fighting Styles, Jin then started his path as a martial artist.
During the game, Jin fought and defeated numerous opponents in the tournament. He also fought against his rival, Hwoarang, although it ended in a draw. Despite this, Jin continued on through the tournament and finally arrived at the temple where Ogre was located. Just as he approached the entrance to the temple, Heihachi appeared and forced him to fight in order to lure out Ogre, but kept this from Jin. Instead, he told him that he wanted to test Jin's abilities and determine whether or not he was strong enough to fight Ogre.
Eventually, Jin defeated his grandfather, and Ogre then appeared before him. Angered by the sight of his mother's killer, Jin engaged Ogre in a fight, fueled by rage. During the fight, Ogre then absorbed Heihachi's power allowing him to become True Ogre and the fight continued.
Game Ending: Jin defeated True Ogre and had avenged his mother at last. Suddenly due to the extreme battle True Ogre violently exploded. Mere seconds after his victory, Jin is attacked by Heihachi's Tekken Force, and received multiple gunshot wounds. Slowly succumbing to death, Heihachi shot Jin in the head, therefore killing his own grandson. However, when Heihachi turned his back and walked away, he saw the bodies of his Tekken Force before him, and turned around to see Jin morphed into his devil form, Devil Jin. Jin then slammed Heihachi through a wall of the temple and violently hurled Heihachi down into the ground. Finally, Jin spread his wings and flew off. Heihachi, weakly, sat up and watched as his grandson, Devil Jin, disappeared into the night.
Day after day, Jin trained in the traditional art of karate. Ever since Heihachi's betrayal, Jin loathed everything about himself. His Mishima bloodline, his fighting style, the Devil Gene in his blood, everything. He unlearned the Mishima-ryu fighting style, thanks to the dojo master's training, and mastered traditional karate.
Jin's thoughts burned with the desire to destroy the evil Mishima bloodline, the bloodline of his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima, and his father, Kazuya.
One day, Jin heard rumors that The King of the Iron Fist Tournament 4 was announced.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to exterminate the Mishima clan... Without hesitation, Jin hardened his resolve to enter the tournament.
After fighting many opponents in the tournament, including Hwoarang near the end where they promised to fight in the next tournament, Jin finally had a match with Kazuya, his father. On his way to fight Kazuya, Jin encountered the Tekken Force. Jin managed to take down a number of them but was outnumbered and eventually defeated. He was then taken prisoner by the Tekken Force.
Heihachi's Tekken Force, held Jin captive at Honmaru. When he arose Jin defeats his father Kazuya, (whom in Jin's dream is antagonizing him to "give in to the anger", which would trigger his Devil Gene) and knocked him unconscious. Heihachi then foils Jin's escape, and challenges him to a fight in an attempt to take Jin's own Devil Gene from him. The two fought immediately, and Jin proved that he was too much for Heihachi to handle. With Heihachi weakened, he then proceeded with his own mission (which was to destroy his evil bloodline by murdering his grandfather, his father, and then himself), but abruptly paused when he had a hallucination of his mother, Jun Kazama (this could also have been her soul reaching out to him). As a result, Jin dropped his grandfather and said, "Thank my mother, Jun Kazama," before once again flying off into the night.
After the grueling battle between Kazuya and Heihachi Mishima at Honmaru, Jin took flight, leaving the island behind. However, he was overwhelmed by an evil presence and lost consciousness.
Jin awoke to an unknown voice and saw a mountainy forest, which appeared to have been ravaged by a giant tornado.
However, Jin had no doubt that he was responsible for the destruction. Upon returning to Yakushima, Jin was plagued by recurring nightmares. Jin could feel the influence of the Devil Gene growing stronger.
"If this keeps eating away at me, I don't know how long I can hold on".
With nothing else left, Jin went out to end his bloodline.
Jin, once again, fought his rival Hwoarang, but the devil gene began to take over Jin again. During this time Hwoarang took the opportunity to strike and defeated Jin. Devil Jin awakened and defeated Hwoarang afterwards.
Back in his human form, Jin met and battled Jinpachi Mishima and in the end defeated him. Jinpachi exploded into nothing but dust, as Jin looked up into the sky.(This is possibly where Devil Within takes place) Jin in the end walks into the Mishima Zaibatsu throne room having claimed the Zaibatsu.
Jin Kazama defeated Jinpachi Mishima and took over the Mishima Zaibatsu. He utilized his elite military unit, the Tekken Force, to carry out covert missions in order to engulf the world in chaos. Once he had rendered most countries' military power useless, he took over space colonies, oil fields, and other energy producing resources. He declared the Mishima Zaibatsu’s independence and waged war against the rest of the world.
The Mishima Zaibatsu swept across the globe, taking over nation after nation. But as the war continued, new opposing forces slowly began to show their presence. Jin learned that Kazuya Mishima was controlling the first and most powerful opposition, the G Corporation. When the G Corporation placed a price on his head, Jin announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6, as if he had been waiting for the G Corporation to make its move.
However in the Scenario Campaign mode it is revealed that the war and tournament was just to fill the world with enough negative energy to make the physical form of the evil entity known as Azazel, because Kazuya and Jin are known as the "Two Evil Stars".Scenario Campaign Ending: Having been defeated by Lars. Jin tells him why he started the war and revealed to him that Jin has a half-controlled Devil Gene, which gives him no choice but to start a war with Kazuya, in-order to lure Azazel out of seal to save the world from Mishima's bloodline trechery, and the only thing that could destroy Azazel, is the person who has a devil's power. Lars tells Jin that he's already took Azazel out, but he doesn't understand at all what Jin says as Azazel (in Golden Form) appears before them. Jin then utilized his Devil's power and sacrifices himself to kill The Gold Azazel for good, to free himself from the Devil inside of him and save the world. After Jin defeats Azazel, Raven finds Jin's body in the desert, not knowing if he is dead or alive. He still bears the Devil tattoo on his arm, indicating that Azazel's demise has not freed Jin from the Devil Gene.
Game Ending: Jin successfully defeats Azazel and Kazuya, and once out of the temple, is welcomed by one of his Tekken Force helicopters, but it has been comandeered by Heihachi. Heihachi then throws Nina out of the aircraft and leaps out of it to commence a battle with Jin. Jin the victor, escapes the collapsing temple on another one of his Tekken Force helicopters and heads back to Headquarters.
Tekken Tag Tournament
Jin returns from Tekken 3 as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament. He has his Mishima & Kazama blended martial arts style with a few new moves added to his arsenal. While Tekken Tag Tournament being non-canonical, it is still looked at as the a refined version of Tekken 3. To support that, Some of the new moves to his arsenal resemble him unlearning the Mishima style and transitioning to the new karate style directly after Heihachi's betrayal when defeating True Ogre.
Ending: Jin picks up an unconcious body of his father and archenemy, Kazuya. Jin is about to finish him with a single punch, only to have paused and dropped Kazuya's body back in the ground. He is then seen with his hands shaking as he falls down to his knees. This restrain is possibly due to "Kazama blood" influence or his mother's spirit taking control of him.
Jin in Kazuya's Ending: Jin is defeated while Kazuya stands over him. Jin rising with vengeance (possibly showing Devil Jin spawning). Kazuya prepares for a fight.
Jin in Jun's Ending Jun stands over her son's unconscious body, put her hand over his forehead and takes away the evil spirit. As she takes the evil spirit away she gives an angelic smile to her son. When he gains consciousness and wakes up, Jun is nowhere to be found.
Jin in Xiaoyu's Ending: Mishima Tech lets out for the day. She catches up to Jin whom is in solitude, has he continues and she is walking backwards having conversation with him. She then continues on her way, but looks forward in a worried slighty worried state.
- Heihachi Mishima
- Jun Kazama
- Kazuya Mishima
Jin is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He has his moveset from Tekken 6 plus more added to his arsenal. His item move is allow him to increase his Median Line Destruction combo from 3x punches to 6x punches.
- Asuka Kazama
- Devil Jin
- Jun Kazama
- Kazuya Mishima
- Ling Xiaoyu
- Nina Williams
Jin appears in Tekken: Blood Vengeance, which takes place between the events of Tekken 5 and Tekken 6. Still (since it's after the 5th game) he's the CEO of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Like G Corporation (the Zaibatsu's rival company led by Kazuya Mishima), Jin is seeking out Shin Kamiya and his involvement with the Mutare Experiment (the M-Cell). So he sends Nina Williams, his bodyguard, to Russia to activate a android named Alisa Bosconovitch and use her as a spy to gather information about Shin, who's now a student at an international school in Kyoto, Japan.
Later, Ling Xiaoyu and Alisa are able to find Shin at Kyoto Castle, where he reveals that the cause of his immortality is because of the Mutare Experiment. Jin then arrives at the castle, where he reunites with Shin, whom he was good friends with back at the Mishima High, after a very long time. After a brief conversation with his old friend, Kazuya arrives. Then, a surprisingly alive Heihachi Mishima, who survived an explosion sent by G-Corperation's Jacks sent to kill Kazuya and Heihachi (as proved in Tekken 5), reveals himself and tells everyone that the experiments were engineered by him. After Shin confronts Heihachi, Jin then realizes that Shin was the sole survivor of the Mutare Experiment. Shin then uses the cell's power to try and kill Heihachi, but Heihachi attempts to kill Shin by putting him in a deadly shoulder lock, spilling most of the teenager's blood and the M-Cell's power. Xiaoyu, Alisa, and a furious Jin, demands Heihachi to stop, but Heihachi heartlessly kills Shin, ridding him of the Mutare Experiment's power. After Shin dies in the arms of Xiaoyu and Alisa, Jin, angered at the process of his friend (out of all of them) dying, decides to battle Heihachi and end the Bloodline once and for all (along with fighting his father, Kazuya). Xiaoyu attempts to stop the fighting, but it's no use. Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi engage in an epic three-way brawl, all the way down Kyoto Castle. After Heihachi defeats Kazuya, Jin defeats and seemingly kills his grandfather by punching him through a brick wall and sending him falling to his apparent death, avenging Shin.
Afterwards, Kazuya regains conscious and confronts Jin. He then transforms in Devil and physically strikes Jin (possbly with telekinesis), sending him through the wall and taking the battle outside. Jin attempts to defeat him without the usage of his Devil powers, but Jin was no match for his demonic father and Kazuya cruelly urges him to transform into Devil Jin. Alisa then attempts to defeat Kazuya instead, but is shut down by Jin. Annoyed that Jin has been using a "doll" to do his work, Kazuya crushes Alisa in half with one single stamp, throwing Xiaoyu into despair. Afterwards, Jin finally transforms into Devil Jin, in order to put an end to the Mishima Bloodline. Though his form is completely unstable and out of control. Kazuya then easily defeats his son. However, as he believes he's victorious, Jin finally takes control of his new form, surprising Kazuya and revealing that he never needed the M-Cell. His Devil powers now utilized, Jin successfully defeats his father, sending him plummetting into a nearby waterfall and declaring that the Devil's power is now his.
Afterwards, Jin finds Xiaoyu weeping uncontrolably next to Alisa's destroyed body. After the two friends have a brief conversation about their friendship, Heihachi is revealed to still be alive. Underneath the ruins of the castle, he destroys the coffin harbouring the spirits of the Mokujin, which was the material that the castle was made of. This causes Heihachi to then transform into a giant monster, in order for him to annihilate his grandson. Though the Mokujin try to stop him, he ignores them and attempts to use their power to kill Jin. However, Alisa reactivates herself (due to Xiaoyu's tears and despair) and sacrifices herself to strike Heihachi's weak point. Because of this, Jin finally defeats his grandfather and sends the monster tumbling to the ground. Heihachi's fate (along with Kazuya's) is unknown.
With the battle finally over, Jin puts Alisa back online, making Xiaoyu happy. He then tells Xiaoyu that in time, she will come to defeat him and he'll be waiting. Jin then flies back to the Mishima Zaibatsu.
In his prologue, Jin hears word of the Pandora crashing into the Antarctic and hears of its dark presence affecting people across the world. Sensing a familiar energy much like his own Devil power, he goes to investigate, but Xiaoyu decides to accompany him, wanting to make sure nothing ill happens to him. Determined, he sets out in order to better understand his Devil powers.
While no solid gameplay footage has been revealed, Jin appears to be a stance-based character who can change his fighting style through Mental Alertness switching from and to his familiar stance and another one based on his Tekken 5 CG render. He also has access to projectiles in the form of near instantaneous energy blasts fired from his fists. His Super Art, Devil Beam, has him shooting the opponent repeatedly offscreen with several blasts of energy. Afterwards, he sprouts wings and flies into the air and striking them with a concentrated beam of energy.
If your team (or at least first member) is Street Fighter, Jin and Xiaoyu who have succumbed to the influence of Pandora will appear as sub-boss rivals before fighting Ogre.
If you play them in Arcade Mode, Chun-Li and Cammy will appear as their rivals who wanted to bring Jin to prison, but he was uninterested by them and didn't care for his warrants because of his goal to find Pandora (Xiaoyu however, was furious cause she thinks Chun Li was trying to steal Jin from her), he then challenged them in fight to continue to find the box. Ending: After defeating Akuma, Jin and Xiaoyu finally reach the Pandora. Jin walks on ahead with Xiaoyu watching. Before he gets closer to the box, he's thrown into pain and becomes influenced by it. Xiaoyu tries to help and calls out for help, but Jin orders her to stay away. Pandora opened and managed to seal its effect away from Jin, but not the Devil Gene. Afterwards, he falls unconscious. Later at sunrise, Jin wakes up on Xiaoyu's lap. He then realizes that the effect of Pandora hasn't rid him of the Devil Gene. He then tells Xiaoyu that he won't give up until he finds a cure.
Project X Zone
Jin is set to appear alongside Xiaoyu in Project X Zone, a game being developed by Namco, Capcom, and Sega.
Jin is mostly calm, but can become enraged should the moment of evil arise. At various moments in the series his words and actions hinted torwards bitterness and resentment as well (especially to his grandfather and father, Heihachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima respectively). Jin had planned to destroy his father and grandfather for all the evil they have done to others, for getting in their way and for trying to rule this world and then himself, dying without children to put an end to the Mishima curse once and for all. However, Jin could not go through with the deed after defeating his two predecessors, so it is unknown if he has given up on this plan completely since he saw the image of his mother Jun and most likely looking for a cure for his bloodline.
He also has one personality trait which is common with many Japanese action heroes. Once Jin's mind is focused in any particular direction, it is immensely difficult to get him to change or even notice the events and people around him. People close to him, including Hwoarang, are always going to extremes to gain Jin's attention, and yet, he maintains an indifferent demeanor toward them. Despite that, Jin is a truly good person who avoids his friends for their own safety.
He, however, has a reason of his actions. In the events of Tekken 6, Jin uses his new position as the CEO of the Mishima Zaibatsu to throw the world into chaos in hopes of a cure. Although his intentions are entirely benevolent, since he seeks to use this to awaken and then destroy a much greater threat, Azazel, believing that defeating this monster could help get rid of his curse, Jin might have destroyed countless people's property, ruined many lives and won lots of enemies through his actions. This may mean that Jin (no matter how painful it is for him) to go out of his morals if that is what it takes to save the world.
Intro & Winning Quotes
- Come on (恋 - Koi)
- Don't Get In My Way! (ドン邪魔をします。 - Jamao Shirinda!)
- Fear The Wrath of God (恐怖、神の怒り - Kyoufou Wo Shiteyarou)
- This is Reality (これは現実です。 - Kore ga kenjutsu da)
- Pitiful (哀れです - Tsutoneo)
- You're Joke (あなたは冗談です。 -Antawaza)
- Mishima Bloodline Ends Here (三島チカラ終了タツ - Mishima no Chi ga Orega Tatsu)
- Jun Kazama - His mother.
- Kazuya Mishima - His father / archenemy.
- Heihachi Mishima - His grandfather / enemy.
- Kazumi Mishima - His grandmother.
- Jinpachi Mishima - His great-grandfather.
- Lee Chaolan - His adoptive uncle.
- Lars Alexandersson - His half-uncle.
- Asuka Kazama - His cousin.
- Mr. Kazama - His uncle.
- Unknown - His aunt.
- Devil Jin - His evil alter-ego.
- Azazel - Awakened him by world domination, so Jin can kill him in order to be free from Devil Gene, thus keeping the world from destruction. At the end of the Scenario Campaign, Jin sacrificed himself to defeat Azazel trying to destroy the Devil Gene. It is assumed that he failed since he still had the mark on his arm in the after credits scene, and his fate is unknown. Azazel was, however, destroyed and defeated.
- Hwoarang - His friendly rival.
- Ling Xiaoyu - His friend, former classmate and partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Panda - His good friend.
- Miharu Hirano - His old school friend.
- Shin Kamiya - His old school friend.
- Nina Williams - His bodyguard and close friend.
- Eddy Gordo - His leading soldier of the Tekken Force.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His protector.
- Ogre - Jin swore revenge on Ogre for killing his mother.
- Kuma - His grandfather's pet friend, whom he banished into the Hokkaido wilderness.
- Paul Phoenix - One of his bosses in the Tekken Force mode.
- Zafina - She warned him of Azazel's wakening.
- Miguel Caballero Rojo - Jin is responsible for sending Miguel's sister into a coma, and into the hospital because of the bombing raid.
- Bryan Fury - Bryan thanked Jin for starting the world war in Tekken 6.
- Emilie de (Lili) Rochefort - Jin claimed Rochefort Enterprises, causing Lili's father to collapse.
- Wang Jinrei - Jin defeated Wang in Tekken 5.
- Christie Monteiro - His friend and love interest in the 2010 film (non-canon).
- Steve Fox - His friend, mentor and sponsor in the 2010 film (non-canon).
- Raven - In Tekken 6, Raven was sent to stop him.
- Julia Chang - She tried to prevent Jin (and Kazuya) from destroying the world in Tekken 6.
- Anna Williams - His rival in Tekken 6, due to working for Kazuya.
- Bruce Irvin - Kazuya ordered Bruce to arrest Jin in Tekken 6, making him his enemy.
- Lei Wulong - Tried to arrest him (along with Kazuya) in Tekken 6.
- Sergei Dragunov - Dragunov was ordered by the Russian Government to apprehend Jin.
- NANCY-MI847J - Jin ordered Mishima Industries to create NANCY.
- Crow - Rival in Tekken Card Challenge.
- Ho Chi Myong - Jin took care of him in a hospital owned by the Mishima Zaibatsu in Tekken 6.
- Jin (human form) uses the art of Kyokushin Karate in Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Tekken 6, and Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion; he can be seen practicing Yantsu and Pinan Sono Yon Kata in various demonstration modes in the Tekken series.
- In Tekken 6, if you customize Jin with "Devil Face" and press the following buttons: up + LP + RP, during gameplay, he will fire Devil Jin's "Hellfire Blast" beam upwards.
- During the events of Tekken 3 he has a schoolboy uniform. This with his age of 19 years old should make him a senior at Mishima Polytechnic High School (while Xiaoyu, at 16, should be a Junior).
- In Namco's Tekken series, Jin Kazama is said to travel to Brisbane, Australia to learn Karate.At the time of Tekken's creation, Cameron Quinn – a well-known instructor of Kyokushin Karate, Mas Oyama's interpreter, and the author of The Budo Karate of Mas Oyama – was teaching students such as Garry O'Neill and Walter Schnaubelt at his well-known Kyokushin dojo in the city of Brisbane.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Jin's English voice actor, Patrick Seitz (credited as Darren Daniels) is also the voice actor of Bob in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Ironically, Jin's stance in the Tekken 5 CG is somewhat similar to that of Bob's Tekken 6 CG.
- After Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament, he doesn't have his school costume. It is assumed either he graduated or dropped out of high school during the events of Tekken 3.
- In Tekken 6, Jin is the only playable boss character(however in the console version nancy is playable in scenario campaign ).
- Jin is the first character to be raised by a single parent.
- Jin shares similaraities with a character from the Devil May Cry series, Vergil. Both believe that "Power is Everything" and without it existence would be futile. They both have a calm and cool personality and have a Devil inside of them.
- Jin shares similarities with a character from The King of Fighters series, K'. Both are the 2nd-Main Protagonists of the series, Jin is successor from Kazuya while K' from Kyo Kusanagi.
- Both of them are 'Anti-Hero' type person.
- Also, Jin and K' shares a very similar dream/hope, in Jin's case - He wants to get rid from his destiny as the vessel of the Devil Gene and wants to put an end to the Mishima bloodline. While in K' case's - He wants to get rid of the status as the 2nd-Kyo Kusanagi because of the flames he has in his right hand due to the fact his body has been given Kyo's DNA by NESTS' experiment, and K' just wants to live a peaceful life, prove the reason why he hate KOF tournament as he has been forced to participate by his friends.
- Interestingly, Jin's outfit in Tekken: Blood Vengeance is very similar to K' outfit.
- Jin's face and his hairstyle bears a strong resemblance to Sasuke Uchiha, a character from the anime Naruto/Naruto Shippuden.
- Jin also shares similarities with Prototype's Alex Mercer. Both have strange powers, wear their hoods up, and transition from protagonist to antagonist. Jin's hooded outfit from Tekken 4 and 5, as well as the custom item in Tekken 6, are homages to Alex Mercer's outfit.
- Isshin Chiba is Jin Kazama's voice actor, even in the Japanese dub of the 2010 film.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, if you select Jin & Devil Jin team, press the switch button. And the original Jin will morphing into Devil Jin form.
- His skin design in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is more dark than before.
- The flame on Jin's pants has been 4 different colurs. Red(T3,TTT,T6) Light Blue(TTT) White(T5) and Blue (Tekken: The Motion Picture)
- He is the Main Character.
- Not only is he a new character, but he also replaces his parents [Kazuya (until Tekken 4) and Jun (until the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2)] for this game.
- His Tekken Force bosses are Paul, Nina and Hwoarang.
Tekken Tag Tournament:
- He has an interlude with Hwoarang, Kazuya, Heihachi, and Xiaoyu at a game over scene.
- His sub boss is Kazuya.
- Is a Final boss to Hworang and Kazuya.
- He and Kazuya are the only one to have Hon-Maru in story mode.
- Because he was in Austailia for two years, It is possible that he mastered the English language. However, he and Lei Wulong are the only two characters who spoke broken English, as shown in Hwoarang's ending.
- He is a sub boss to Ling Xiaoyu and Hwoarang. Both characters (Xiaoyu & Hwoarang) have an interlude with Jin.
- He and Mokujin are the only characters not to appear in the opening intro.
- He is one of the characters who regain the Tekken 3 color scheme in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- He and Julia Chang are the only recurring characters who keep their Player 2 outfit from Tekken 4 but not their Player 1.
- His opponents in Story mode are Lars, Azazel, Kazuya and Heihachi. His sub-boss in Arena Mode is Kazuya.
- He has an alternate costume that is similar to Street Fighter's M.Bison's default costume.
- He is the antagonist of the game and final boss of Scenario Campaign.
- Jin can be customized to actually look like M. Bison from the Street Figher series, and Vergil, the main antagonist from Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.
- He is the only character to receive new Player 1 and Player 2 costumes (besides the always changing Yoshimitsu).
Street Fighter x Tekken
- Jin is currently the only character to say profanity in the game. He said to Asuka in the win animation; "I don't have time to listen to your bullshit."
|LiGHTNiNG WoLF||6th Kyu|
|J1N K@Z@M@||3rd Kyu|
|XxX DEVIL XxX||2nd Dan|