Jinpachi in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Jinpachi Mishima|
Glowing yellow (when using his demonic powers)
|Occupation||Founder and former head of the Mishima Zaibatsu|
|Family||Heihachi Mishima (Son)|
Kazuya Mishima (Grandson)
Lars Alexandersson (Grandson)
Lee Chaolan (Adoptive Grandson)
Jin Kazama (Great-grandson)
Evil when taken over by an unknown vengeful ghost (TK5/TK5:DR)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 5|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Chikao Ōtsuka & Takeshi Aono
Jinpachi Mishima (三島 仁八 Mishima Jinpachi?) is a fictional character in the Tekken series. He is the main antagonist of Tekken 5. He is the father of Heihachi Mishima and the founder and former head of the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Jinpachi is also notable for being the very first unplayable boss in the series. Though, he was made fully playable in the Playstation 3 version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and is also playable in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He returns to his previous role of being unplayable in Tekken Revolution.
Unlike most Mishimas (who were ruthless and power hungry), Jinpachi was a man of honor and wisdom as he showed compassion to his grandson Kazuya when the latter was a child (this is possibly another reason Heihachi resented Jinpachi so much) and was friends with Wang Jinrei. In his Tekken 5 ending, realizing no one could stop him, he shed tears as the evil spirit that possessed him grew more powerful.
Jinpachi is the father of Heihachi Mishima and the founder of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Unlike most of the Mishimas, Jinpachi is an honorable fighter with a strong sense of wisdom. He is friends with Wang Jinrei. However, Jinpachi's life takes a turn for the worse when the greedy Heihachi stages a coup d'etat and steals the company from him. Jinpachi attempts to retake the company when Heihachi enters the military industry, but fails and is imprisoned underneath a Mishima compound, Hon-Maru. Sometime later, he dies of starvation, until he is resurrected by a mysterious entity.
Having been taken over by a vengeful spirit and granted incredible supernatural powers, Jinpachi breaks out of Honmaru when the compound is destroyed during a battle between Heihachi, Kazuya and an army of Jack-4s sent to kill Heihachi. With the news of Heihachi's apparent demise, Jinpachi takes over the company from behind the scenes and organizes the fifth King of Iron Fist Tournament in the hopes that someone will free him before the spirit takes him over completely (to the point that he writes to Wang, asking him to compete and put an end to the Mishima bloodline which has been cursed by Heihachi's greedy ambitions).
In the tournament final, Jinpachi is confronted by his great-grandson, Jin Kazama, who defeats him and puts him to rest at last.
Ending Description: Jinpachi laments that nobody was able to defeat him, and transforms into a much more demonic form as the spirit takes him over completely. This ending is only shown when the player loses to Jinpachi and decides not to continue.
Jinpachi appeared in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a playable character.
The console version's opening movie has Jinpachi taking a taxi to "where he can display his amazing power", believing he is going to where Heihachi's new tournament is. An unlockable "epilogue" movie shows that the driver misinterpreted Jinpachi's instructions and, thinking him a dirty old man, took him to a red light district instead. Jinpachi wonders if said district is where the tournament is being held as various women proposition him.
Ending Description: Jinpachi is seen inside Heihachi's estate eventually finding Heihachi, clearly desiring revenge for Heihachi's betrayal. Heihachi merely remarks on how Jinpachi had just returned from hell. Jinpachi unleashes his innate power at Heihachi who at first seems to take it easily. Jinpachi eventually increases the output, destroying the entire room around them and seemingly destroying Heihachi.
Jinpachi appears in Tekken Revolution as a possible sub-boss in arcade mode, with his son Heihachi, being the alternative.
Character Relationships Edit
- Heihachi Mishima - His son and enemy.
- Kazuya Mishima - His grandson.
- Lee Chaolan - His adoptive grandson.
- Lars Alexandersson - His grandson.
- Jin Kazama - His great-grandson.
- Wang Jinrei - His close friend.
- Mokujin - It was awakened by Jinpachi in Tekken 5.
- Despite first appearing in Tekken 5, Jinpachi did not become a playable character until the Playstation 3 port of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- Jinpachi, like Lars Alexandersson, is the only Mishima who is unable to use the Crouch Dash motion (f,n,d,d/f). However, he has the Thunder God Fist (1+2+3+4,1 in DR, d+3+4,1 in TTT2) and the Electric Wind God Fist (1+2+3+4,2 in DR, d+3+4,2 in TTT2) abilities. Jinpachi also has the option of the regular Wind God Fist (d/f+2).
- Jinpachi's appearance (mostly his moustache) closely resembles Whitebeard AKA Edward Newgate from the manga and anime series, One Piece.
- Jinpachi's appearance (mostly his necklace, bracelet and cloak pants) also resembles Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan from Dragon Ball Z.
- According to Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada, contrary to popular belief, Jinpachi doesn't possess the Devil Gene.
- Harada also revealed that it was not actually Jinpachi who built up the Mishima Zaibatsu financially. It was in fact Heihachi and therefore this is the reason why Jinpachi was riding in a taxi to get to the King of Iron Fist Tournament. Jinpachi never had the financial resources in the first place.
- Jinpachi's in-game voice is still the same from before, although some of his animations have been revamped such as the projectile's no longer from his stomach, now utilized an original Hadoken-like projectile.
- If Jinpachi's victorious in a fight with anyone close to him, (e.g. Heihachi, Wang etc.) he has his own special winpose.
- For example, if the player play as Jinpachi and Heihachi with the former as the lead character in the Arcade and lose the battle, at the "Continue Countdown" Jinpachi is seen slapping Heihachi in the butt like father and child, reminiscent of what Heihachi does to Lee Chaolan.
- On the boss battle of Fight Lab Stage 5, Jinpachi will be designed to resemble Akuma from the Street Fighter series. He will be fought against after defeating Ganryu and Bob (with the former designed to resemble Ryu and the latter designed to resemble Ken Masters).
- Jinpachi's partners in Ghost Battle (from the lowest to the highest ranks) are Panda, Dr. Bosconovitch, Kazuya Mishima, Heihachi Mishima and Wang Jinrei.
- ^ a b c http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk5dr/characters/jinpachi.html
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxRi37mWQ0