|Julia / Jaycee|
Jaycee in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Julia Chang|
|Also Known as||Jaycee|
|Fighting Style||Xing Yi Liu He Quan based Kung Fu (various Kenpo and Wushu arts) |
Lucha Libre Wrestling (as an addition) (TTT2)
|Age||18 (T3) |
20 (T4, T5)
|Occupation||College student |
G-Corporation Archeology Research
|Family||Bernard Chang (Adoptive grandfather)|
Mrs. Chang (Adoptive grandmother)
Michelle Chang (Adoptive mother)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 3|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (also as Jaycee)
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Cara Jones (T3-TTT) |
Julia Chang is a video game character in the Tekken series. She is the adopted daughter of Michelle Chang, who taught her how to fight, which is why their moves are the same. Julia first appeared in Tekken 3. Since then, Julia has appeared in all subsequent games up to Tekken Tag Tournament 2, in which she appears as her alter-ego, Jaycee. Julia has replaced Michelle's style and Michelle herself in the Tekken series. Julia hopes to one day reforest Arizona, which is where both Michelle and Julia live.
Julia studies archeology in Michelle Chang's tribal lands. As a baby, Julia was deserted in the ruins of ancient Native American settlements, where Michelle found her. Michelle rescued Julia and brought her up with love. Julia loved Michelle and her adopted tribe and trained with Michelle to protect her beloved homeland.
When Julia was 18, stories of sudden disappearances of famous martial artists all over the world began to reach the tribe.
With apprehension spreading through the tribe, Michelle left for Japan to ask Heihachi Mishima why he had sought to take the pendant during the second tournament. Michelle hoped to learn about the origin of the Ogre's power but she never returned. Julia suspected Heihachi and now seeks him out to discover the truth. Strangely, Julia's ending in Tekken 3 is the only one to include voice acting.
Julia was a college student studying archeology. One day, she discovered that her native homeland was in danger of being covered by an encroaching desert; this was brought on by today's rapidly changing global ecosystem. Julia wanted to save her home, and she began her research on ecosystem restoration.
Julia joined an advanced genetic research group led by Professor T that studied the biological mechanism of reforestation. Professor T's research grant came almost exclusively from G Corporation. In fact, G Corporation's supercomputers located at their high security research center were being used for the research. All their research data was stored on their file servers as well.
Julia was absorbed in her daily research, waiting for the day when her research on ecosystem restoration would be complete. When the research was completed, she would save her home.
Julia learned from Professor T that their research was on hold indefinitely. The Mishima Zaibatsu attacked G Corporation's high security research center and stole all research data from her project. Julia didn't know a thing about G Corporation's secret research projects nor did she care about them. Yet she knew that she had to retrieve her research data from the Mishima Zaibatsu in order to save her home from becoming a desert in a few years time.
Julia searched the net to gather information regarding the Mishima Zaibatsu. Her eyes lit up when she saw a web page announcing The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4.
Julia Chang continues her research on forest rejuvenation. Disappointed that she was unable to recover the reforestation data during the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 4, Julia returns home and resumes her research. Each time her work hits a dead end, she is reminded of the data that she was unable to retrieve.
At that point she received a letter addressed to her in a foreign language. Attached is an announcement of The King Of Iron Fist Tournament 5.
In order to fulfill her hopes for forest rejuvenation, Julia decides to enter the tournament.
After recovering her stolen data, Julia completed her reforestation research. She was headed back to Arizona to meet with a party who had agreed to assist in the realization of her reforestation plans.
Waiting for her there was a prominent Arizona land owner, an old woman who claimed to have the ability to hear the voice of spirits. With the help of the old woman, the reforestation plans were on track to be realized. However, when Julia got up to leave, the old woman made an ominous prediction. "Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima must not be allowed to clash. If they confront each other, a source of great evil will be resurrected and unleashed on the Earth".
Julia was skeptical of the old lady's prediction. However, after hearing news that the Mishima Zaibatsu has sponsored The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 on the flight home, the danger seemed much more imminent. Julia decided that she would join the tournament.
Julia appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Julia appeared as a playable character in the crossover game, Street Fighter X Tekken. Her tag partner is Bob.
Julia appears as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. However, in this game she appears as a Luchadora (female Lucha Libre wrestler) named Jaycee as a alter-ego and she uses Lucha Libre wrestling as her fighting style.
Ending: Julia defeats King II and goes backstage to take off her mask. She later remembers how she got the mask in the first place. While working on her computer, a woman shows up and brings her to an injured person. The woman says that the injury was caused by a car accident and pleads with Julia to take the injured woman's place. Julia initially refused to do so, but later on accepts the offer. Back in the present, Julia puts the mask on and leaves the backstage area.
- Michelle Chang - Her foster mother.
- Bernard Chang - Her adoptive grandfather.
- Mrs. Chang - Her adoptive grandmother.
- Ganryu - He has been in love with Julia since Tekken 5.
- Ogre - Her tribe heard legends about him.
- Doctor Abel - He almost succeeded in using Julia's re-forestation project, GENOCELL, to merge devil cells with human cells.
- Azazel - She tried to stop him in Tekken 6.
- Zafina - She shared the same goal as her in Tekken 6.
- Lee Chaolan - Her friend and his employee in G Corporation in Tekken 6.
- Jaycee - Her alter-ego in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Heihachi Mishima - Her enemy since Tekken 3, ever since he kidnapped Michelle.
- Jinpachi Mishima - He stole Julia's Forest Rejuvenation formula in Tekken 5.
- Kazuya Mishima - She attempts to stop him in Tekken 6.
- Armor King - Her official tag partner in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (as Jaycee).
- Bob - Her hired bounty hunter, friend and tag partner in Street Fighter X Tekken (non-canon).
- Eddy Gordo - One of her rivals in Tekken Card Challenge.
- In Tekken 3, Julia's ending is the only ending to have actual dialogue in it.
- Julia's bosses in the Tekken Force side game in Tekken 3 are (in order of appearance) King, Eddy Gordo, Jin Kazama, and Heihachi Mishima.
- Julia's sub-boss in Tekken Tag Tournament is Ogre.
- Julia rivals in Tekken Card Challenge are Heihachi Mishima, Eddy Gordo, and King II.
- Julia is oblivious to the fact that Ganryu is in love with her.
- To unlock Julia in Tekken 3, the game must be beaten twice.
- Julia is playable in Tekken 4 after beating the game six times.
- In Death by Degrees, in the locker room on the Kometa ship, there is a poster of Julia Chang.
- Julia shares physical similarities with not only her adoptive mother, Michelle, but with Seong Mina from Namco's Soul series of fighting games.
- Julia has been referred to as a Native American.
- Julia is one of the few females that punches her opponent while she is mounted on them. The other females to do this are Leo (due to her gender being a mystery in-game), Roger Jr.'s mother (due to her taking the role of her husband), and Mokujin (when Mokujin is mimicking a female other than Leo, Julia, or Roger Jr.'s mother). Every other female simply slaps their opponent.
- Julia's Stage 1 and Stage 2 opponents in Scenario Campaign's "Arena" mode are Ganryu and Bruce Irvin.
- Unlike the majority of the Tekken 6 characters, Julia is not a boss in the Scenario Campaign mode. Instead, Lars Alexandersson (or another character of the player's choosing) and Alisa Boskonovitch must fight off the G Corporation forces holding her hostage.
- Though she is initially be available on the roster as JayCee in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Julia can become playable in name only. JayCee's mask can be removed during customization; this results in only her name changing to Julia Chang.
- The outfit she wears in her Tekken 6 ending is one of the outfits she wears in Tekken 4 with the exception of her footwear. She wears boots in Tekken 4 and sneakers in the ending.
- Julia is the second character to appear as an adopted child, after Lee Chaolan.
- Unlike the majority of female characters, she does not make a pose during Ki charge, and she cannot backflip with u+b,b 2.
- Julia is the only female character who has a second back throw.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Julia's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of intrest.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Jaycee)
- Before she was revealed to be Julia Chang in disguise, the identity of Jaycee was a subject of much debate. The most cited theory is that Julia hides behind that mask (later confirmed by Harada). Those who support this view rely on the fact that she seems to wear a pendant which is similar to the one Julia wears, also she uses many moves similar to Julia. Another piece of evidence being that Jaycee could also be short for Jay - Cee ---> J.C. ---> Julia Chang. Others suggested that she might be Michelle Chang. That, of course was false.
- If Julia is named Jaycee Chang , coincidently her name is quite similar with Jaycee Chan (the son of Jackie Chan).
- Until now the possible tag partners for Jaycee seem to be either Armor King or Asuka Kazama.
- Jaycee is very similar to Lisa's Luchadora alter-ego, La Mariposa, from the Dead or Alive series of fighting games.
- They share the same fighting style (Lucha Libre, though Julia possesses this fighting style in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 only).
- They both have an alter-ego (JayCee has Julia and La Mariposa has Lisa).
- Their alter ego's both work for a company (Julia works for the G Corporation and Lisa works for the Dead or Alive Tournament Executive Commitee/DOATEC).
- Both of them wear masks that can be removed by doing certain options.
- Both of their name will be changed between masked and unmasked.
- Jaycee is the third Luchador to appear in the Tekken series after King and Armor King.
- As explained above, if you remove Jaycee's mask in the character customization feature, her name will change to Julia Chang.
- Jaycee's mask is quite similar to the mask of Mexican professional wrestler Rey Mysterio.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Jaycee, while wearing almost any top (specifically in her bikini) in the customization mode, seems to have the most breast movement of all the female fighters.