Julia Chang (ジュリア・チャン Juria Chan?) is a video game character in the Tekken series. She is the adopted daughter of Michelle Chang, who taught her how to fight, which is why their moves are the same. Julia first appeared in Tekken 3. Since then, Julia has appeared in all subsequent games up to Tekken Tag Tournament 2, in which she appears as a Luchadora, named Jaycee (ジェイシー Jeishī?) also known as J.C., as an alter-ego. Julia has replaced Michelle's style and Michelle herself in the Tekken series. Julia hopes to one day reforest Arizona, which is where both Michelle and Julia live.
Julia studies archeology in Michelle Chang's tribal lands. As a baby, Julia was deserted in the ruins of ancient Native American settlements, where Michelle found her. Michelle rescued Julia and brought her up with love. Julia loved Michelle and her adopted tribe and trained with Michelle to protect her beloved homeland.
When Julia was 18, stories of sudden disappearances of famous martial artists all over the world began to reach the tribe.
With apprehension spreading through the tribe, Michelle left for Japan to ask Heihachi Mishima why he had sought to take the pendant during the second tournament. Michelle hoped to learn about the origin of the Ogre's power but she never returned. Julia suspected Heihachi and now seeks him out to discover the truth. Strangely, Julia's ending in Tekken 3 is the only one to include voice acting.
Julia was a college student studying archeology. One day, she discovered that her native homeland was in danger of being covered by an encroaching desert; this was brought on by today's rapidly changing global ecosystem. Julia wanted to save her home, and she began her research on ecosystem restoration.
Julia joined an advanced genetic research group led by Professor T that studied the biological mechanism of reforestation. Professor T's research grant came almost exclusively from G Corporation. In fact, G Corporation's supercomputers located at their high security research center were being used for the research. All their research data was stored on their file servers as well.
Julia was absorbed in her daily research, waiting for the day when her research on ecosystem restoration would be complete. When the research was completed, she would save her home.
Julia learned from Professor T that their research was on hold indefinitely. The Mishima Zaibatsu attacked G Corporation's high security research center and stole all research data from her project. Julia didn't know a thing about G Corporation's secret research projects nor did she care about them. Yet she knew that she had to retrieve her research data from the Mishima Zaibatsu in order to save her home from becoming a desert in a few years time.
Julia searched the net to gather information regarding the Mishima Zaibatsu. Her eyes lit up when she saw a web page announcing The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4.
Julia Chang continues her research on forest rejuvenation. Disappointed that she was unable to recover the reforestation data during the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 4, Julia returns home and resumes her research. Each time her work hits a dead end, she is reminded of the data that she was unable to retrieve.
At that point she received a letter addressed to her in a foreign language. Attached is an announcement of The King Of Iron Fist Tournament 5.
In order to fulfill her hopes for forest rejuvenation, Julia decides to enter the tournament.
After recovering her stolen data, Julia completed her reforestation research. She was headed back to Arizona to meet with a party who had agreed to assist in the realization of her reforestation plans.
Waiting for her there was a prominent Arizona land owner, an old woman who claimed to have the ability to hear the voice of spirits. With the help of the old woman, the reforestation plans were on track to be realized. However, when Julia got up to leave, the old woman made an ominous prediction. "Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima must not be allowed to clash. If they confront each other, a source of great evil will be resurrected and unleashed on the Earth".
Julia was skeptical of the old lady's prediction. However, after hearing news that the Mishima Zaibatsu has sponsored The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 on the flight home, the danger seemed much more imminent. Julia decided that she would join the tournament.Ending Description: The scene begins with an eagle soaring up to a rock in which Julia is climbing. Suddenly, a piece of a rock Julia is holding onto breaks, causing her to fall. Fortunately, she grabs ahold of a lower piece while falling. With a leap of confidence, she jumps herself back up the rock. As she reaches the top, she exclaims, "Wow, it's beautiful... Absolutely breath-taking." as she looks at the peaceful scenery.
Julia appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament. She retains her moveset from Tekken 3.
Ending Description: Julia and Michelle Chang are both staring at a sunset sitting down. Michelle converses with Julia as she puts her back in bliss and suddenly jumps up to stretch. This happens at one of Eddy Gordo's stages.
Julia appeared as a playable character in the crossover game, Street Fighter X Tekken. Her tag partner is Bob.
Julia appears in Tekken tag 2 in disguise, see: Jaycee.
This section is currently incomplete. You can help the Tekken Wiki by expanding it.
- Michelle Chang - Her foster mother.
- Mr. Chang - Her adoptive grandfather.
- Mrs. Chang - Her adoptive grandmother.
- Jaycee - Her Luchadora alter-ego in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Ganryu - He has been in love with Julia since Tekken 5.
- Ogre - Her tribe heard legends about him.
- Doctor Abel - He almost succeeded in using Julia's re-forestation project, GENOCELL, to merge devil cells with human cells.
- King II - Seems to be a friend of his since she showed concern of him going up after Marduk in Tekken 5.
- Azazel - She tried to stop him in Tekken 6.
- Lee Chaolan - Her friend and his acquaintance in Tekken 6.
- Heihachi Mishima - Her enemy since Tekken 3, ever since he kidnapped Michelle.
- Kazuya Mishima - Her current boss. Despite this, she attempts to stop him in Tekken 6, sensing his evil agenda.
- Jin Kazama - Despite knowing there still good in him, she tries to stop him and wanted to help him find another way to break the Devil's curse without any destructive ways.
- Bob - Her hired bounty hunter, friend and tag partner in Street Fighter X Tekken (non-canon).
- Julia has been referred to as Native American but being adopted her ethnicity is unconfirmed.
- Julia shares physical similarities with not only her adoptive mother, Michelle, but also with Seong Mina from Namco's Soul series of 3D weapon based fighting games.
- Julia is oblivious to the fact that Ganryu is in love with her. Possibly due to Julia being more dedicated to restore the environment than she is with her personal life.
- Julia is one of the few females that punches her opponent while she is mounted on them. The other females to do this are Leo (due to her gender being a mystery in-game), Roger Jr's mother (due to her taking the role of her husband) and Mokujin (when Mokujin is mimicking a female other than Leo, Julia, or Roger Jr.'s mother). Every other female simply slaps their opponent.
- Julia is the only female character who has a second back throw.
- Julia is the second character to appear as an adopted child, after Lee Chaolan.
- Unlike the majority of female characters, she does not make a pose during Ki charge, and she cannot backflip with u+b,b 2.
- To unlock Julia, the game must be beaten twice.
- Julia's ending is the only ending to have actual dialogue in it.
- Julia's bosses in the Tekken Force side game in Tekken 3 are (in order of appearance) King, Eddy Gordo, Jin Kazama, and Heihachi Mishima.
- Julia's sub-boss is Ogre.
- Julia is playable after beating the game six times.
- She appears in Ganryu's ending in her Player 2 outfit.
- Her primary outfit in Tekken 5 is an updated version of her primary outfit from Tekken 3.
- Julia's Stage 1 and Stage 2 opponents in Scenario Campaign's "Arena" mode are Ganryu and Bruce Irvin.
- Julia and Zafina shared the same goal (to stop Jin and Kazuya from colliding).
- Unlike the majority of the Tekken 6 characters, Julia is not a boss in the Scenario Campaign mode. Instead, Lars Alexandersson (or another character of the player's choosing) and Alisa Bosconovitch must fight off the G Corporation forces holding her hostage.
- Julia is one of the four characters that is not a boss in Scenario Campaign mode (single player). The other three are Lars Alexandersson, Lei Wulong and Zafina.
- The outfit she wears in her Tekken 6 ending is one of the outfits she wears in Tekken 4 with the exception of her footwear; she wears boots in Tekken 4 and sneakers in the ending.
- Julia can be "customized" as Anna Williams (as seen on Nina's T1 ending), one of Tifa Lockheart's outfits used in the Final Fantasy series, Nabiki and Ranma from Ranma 1/2, her mother's outfits in Tekken 1 and 2, her Tekken 4 P1 outfit, Dixie from Rumble Roses, etc.
- Julia's rivals in Tekken Card Challenge are Heihachi Mishima, Eddy Gordo, and King II.
- In Death by Degrees, in the locker room on the Kometa ship, there is a poster of Julia Chang.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Elena's Swap Costume is Julia's outfit.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Julia's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.