Jun in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Jun Kazama|
|Also Known as||Ecological Fighter|
The Chosen One
|Fighting Style||Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts (based on Koryu bujutsu)  |
|Nationality||Japanese  |
|Height||170cm (5′ 7″)  |
|Weight||54kg (119 lbs)  |
|Likes||Her son |
Basking in the woods
the Devil Gene
|Age||22 (T2) |
37 (At the time of the attack by Ogre)
|Blood Type||AB  |
|Occupation||Wildlife Organization Officer |
|Hobby||Birds and sunset watching |
|Family||Jin Kazama (Son)|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 2|
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Shiho Kikuchi (T2, TTT)
Yumi Tōma (Tekken: The Motion Picture)
Sendai Eri (Tekken: The Motion Picture as a child)
Mamiko Noto (TTT2)
Edi Patterson (Tekken: The Motion Picture)
Jun Kazama (風間 準 Kazama Jun?) is a character in the Tekken series who first made her debut in Tekken 2. She is the mother of Jin Kazama. Jun was assumed to have been killed in Ogre's wrath when he awoke, but her official status is "missing". Jun is one of a small group of characters who have only appeared in one canon game. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Jun transforms into Unknown, the final boss.
Jun is an officer of the WWWC, a wildlife protection organization. She is highly spiritual and can sense a mysterious power surrounding Kazuya. Besides her duty to arrest Kazuya, who smuggles protected animals, she wants to free Kazuya of his evil power during the tournament.
Ending Description, "Purity": The screen shows two birds flying over a forest. It then shows a chipmunk nibbling on an acorn in a tree. It soon looks up. A horse is showing looking up as well. A yellow school bus drops Jun off at a forest area (presumably a protected wildlife environment). Jun steps off with the sun beaming in front of her as she breathes in the fresh air while closing her eyes blissfully. Suddenly, four various birds, a gazelle, the horse and chipmunk surround her. A bird lands on her shoulder as the chipmunk crawls up her arm and perches itself on her shoulder as well. She is then shown riding sideways on the horse being accompanied by 3 normal birds along with a huge owl and the chipmunk into the sunset. Jun gets off and walks towards the scenic view of the sunset before her peacefully.
She has taught and trained Jin her Kazama self-defense fighting style. Years later, Jun sensed the approaching of great evil and told Jin that if anything should happen to her, that he should seek out his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima.
Jun's words proved to be prophetic, and some time after Jin's 15th birthday, Ogre did indeed attack. Jun screamed for Jin to run away, but Jin wished to protect his beloved mother and prepared to fight Ogre in order to save Jun. Ogre, however, was too much of a match for Jin and knocked him unconscious. What happened next is unknown, but by the time Jin woke up, the Kazama house was burnt to the ground and Jun was missing. Jin desperately searched for her, but she was nowhere to be found or seen. Jin assumed that Jun was dead and swore revenge on Ogre.
Jun makes a cameo appearance as a vision as Jin Kazama is about to finish off Heihachi Mishima. This causes Jin to spare Heihachi's life and flee away while saying, "Be Thankful for Jun Kazama" (風間準に感謝しろ Kazama Jun ni kansha shiro).
Jun is seen and mentioned numerous times during the prologue for the Scenario Campaign Mode for Tekken 6, in which Jin, Kazuya, and Heihachi re-tell the main events of the previous Tekken games. In this prologue, Kazuya Mishima describes how he met Jun. He also describes how he found her fearless and mysterious. Jin Kazama then describes how much he misses his mother and wishes that she were still with him. He then goes on to explain that he defeated Ogre in the honor of Jun.
Jun is one of the central main characters in Tekken: The Motion Picture. As a child, Jun witnessed Kazuya Mishima being thrown off of a cliff by his father, Heihachi Mishima. She climbed down the cliff to try and save Kazuya but was unable to find him. She was haunted by this experience all through her childhood and into her adulthood. In the present day, Jun is an officer of the WWWC, a wildlife protection organization. She is highly psychic and can sense a mysterious power surrounding Kazuya (who is revealed to have survived the fall from the cliff).
She is teamed up with police officer Lei Wulong and their assignment is to investigate the Mishima Conglomerate's genetic engineering of bio-weapons, but she is constantly drawn to Kazuya; she can't let him give in to his hatred and kill his father, Heihachi. After many confrontations, Jun discovers that Kazuya is possessed by the Devil but is able to convince Kazuya to spare the life of Heihachi. The story jumps to the future to show that Jun is living a peaceful and happy life with her son, Jin Kazama. However, she is able to sense something strange in the air (most likely Ogre). She promises Jin that everything will be alright and the two leave together hand in hand.
Jun appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Ending Description: Jun finds her son in his devil form lying unconscious on the ground in Unknown's stage. She touches Devil Jin's forehead and turns into his normal form but still unconscious. Jun smiles. When Jin wakes up, Jun is gone.
Jun Kazama appeared in the live-action Tekken movie. In this version she was a single parent of Jin Kazama and died from an explosion sent by Kazuya Mishima's jack hammer forces. Unlike in the game, she was sexually assaulted by Kazuya Mishima which is how she gave birth to her son Jin Kazama. Jun is portrayed by actress Tamlyn Tomita.
Jun returns in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. She has an entirely new stance and moves that seperate her from Asuka Kazama, though she still retains her White Heron Dance/Blizzard Combo and other moves of the Kazama Style of fighting.
Jun also appears in the game's intro, watching the fight from a distance. Lili spots her and tries to analyze her, only to be caught and telekinetically have her binoculars destroyed.
Jun appears after Ogre's defeat in Arcade and Time Attack mode where she emerges from a white bright light, ready to fight. After defeat, Jun will transform into the game's final boss, Unknown. The wolf spirit is nowhere to be seen.
Ending Description: Jun walks into the middle of a dark forest, where she begins to glow a white aura. As she does, the spirits of woodland creatures gather towards her and encircle her. They embrace her as she turns into a ball of white energy and shoots into the sky, creating many stars.
- Jin Kazama
- Kazuya Mishima
- Devil Jin
- Asuka Kazama
- Heihachi Mishima
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Emilie De Rochefort
- Kazuya Mishima - Her son's father who impregnated her. The exact nature of their relationship has never been revealed.
- Jin Kazama - Her son.
- Asuka Kazama - Her relative.
- Mr. Kazama - Her relative.
- Unknown - Her non-canonical alternate form.
- Heihachi Mishima - She rescued him from Kazuya in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
- Wang Jinrei - Jun defeated him in Tekken 2.
- Ogre - Jun was attacked by Ogre before Tekken 3 began.
- Lei Wulong - Her friend and ally in Tekken: The Motion Picture (non-canon).
- Michelle Chang - Jun rescued her in Tekken: The Motion Picture from Kazuya Mishima (non-canon).
- Angel - Angel is shown to be an entity within Jun in Tekken Forever (non-canon).
This section is currently incomplete. You can help the Tekken Wiki by expanding it.
Fighting style Edit
- Jun's costume 'theme' seems to be white. This may be a reference to the universal symbol of good and purity.
- The kanji for her given name (準 Jun) means "rule", "standard", "associate" or "to correspond". Ironically, her name can be read as Hitoshi (ひとし) when used as a male given name, similarly to her son's name Jin(仁). Due to her character design, her name is commonly mistaken as (純 Jun) meaning "pure".
- There is speculation to whether or not the intimate meeting between Kazuya and Jun was consensual or that their meeting was simply an act of fate.
- Jun wants to "save" Kazuya in a variety of ways regardless of how many times she fails to do so.
- The Tekken 6 artbook revealed that Unknown was originally meant to be Jun's sister but the idea was dropped as a main story element when Tekken Tag Tournament became non-canonical.
- Jun was considered for Tekken 3 as her portrait, voice and some moves can be found on the arcade version of the game through hacking. They were removed from the home port.
- Ogre has some of Jun's moves, like her "Windmill Kick".
- Jun has the ability to "repress" the devil gene in her son, Jin, with a single touch (as seen in her Tekken Tag Tournament ending). Asuka Kazama, who is known to be related to her, also has the same ability, but hasn't realized her strange power yet.
- Jun can also use telekinetic powers like her son's devil form as shown in her special win pose with him in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Jun, at 170cm (5′ 7″), is the second tallest female fighter in Tekken.
- In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Asuka's hair can be customized to look like Jun's.
- Jun's title of "Chosen One" has made her special even amongst other Kazamas, as stated in her Tekken 2 profile.
- Jun would be 41 during Tekken 3, 43 during Tekken 4, 5 and 6, as if she appeared in those games, making her arguably the eldest female playable human character in the Tekken series; Jun may be in a tie with Nina Williams, who is chronologically 43 years as well, though physically 24.
- Jun is the only character who has changed stances more than once. In Tekken Tag Tournament, she had her arms almost aligned (the stance Asuka now has). In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, her stance is somewhat similar to Jin Kazama and Bob's stances in their Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 CGs, respectively.
- In <Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign mode, Alisa stated that a sibling of Jun's has opened the "Kazama-Style Traditional Martial Arts" dojo in Asuka's stage. It's unclear and unknown what she meant, however.
- In the opening, Jin is seen and Ogre is shown in the darkness holding something. It is usually interpreted either as the top of a temple pillar or head with long head. It was speculated that it was Jun's severed head but Katsuhiro Harada stated that it was not her head.
- Jun's ending is similar to Angel's.
- Unknown always starts with her moveset.
- Jun's current voice actress is Mamiko Noto.
- Jun appears in Lars' dream with the rest of the Mishima family from his ending as she, Asuka and her son, Jin are the only Kazamas to join the table for dinner and she's the only one who prepared the food for them to eat.
- Jun is the final boss of the game, coming through a beam of shining light after the battle with True Ogre. Also, she has enhanced health due to her being the only one fought. When beaten in the first round, she kneels on her knees with her head down, just to pick her head up revealing her eye color changing to yellow and transforming into Unknown.
- The following battle is between the player's two tag partners with a reimagined Unknown, using the level's purple ooze alike shadow to perform vicious moves, one with even the ability to summon a white aura in front of the opponent. If the player comes near it, they will make their K.O. scream as a huge, purple ooze hand smacks them down, tagging them out forcefully. When defeated, several wolf spirits part from her body and she collapses, sinking into the purple ooze of the level with a faint smile.
- In this game, Jun has a revised moveset; she retains many of her prior moves, but with the addition of two new stances, and various strings.
- ^ a b c d e http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/am/vg/tekken-tt/character/chara-jun.php
- ^ a b c d e f g h http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/tekken2/frame.html
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/305198755303542785