Katsuhiro Harada (原田 勝弘 Harada Katsuhiro?) is a producer with Bandai Namco. He is best known for his work on the Tekken fighting games series of which he is the director and chief producer of. He was also a member of Project Soul (the team behind Namco's Soul Calibur franchise).
Born in Osaka, Japan and grew up in Nara Prefecture. He later moved to Tokyo after completing his university studies there and eventually became a game designer. He attended Waseda University along with Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki. He holds a degree in psychology. He is often seen in interviews alongside Michael Murray who translates for him.
- Harada voiced Marshall Law, Forest Law and Yoshimitsu in all releases prior to Tekken 4 until Tekken 5 and its updates where he reuses Forest's grunts for Marshall's appearance in the game. He also voices Kunimitsu in the very first Tekken.
- His favorite Tekken character is Heihachi Mishima but sometimes he'll answer Ganryu because he is the least popular character in the series.
- Harada appeared in Soul Calibur V as a playable character, his fighting style is Mishima Style Fighting Karate and his special outfit is Heihachi's Tiger Gi.
- Harada makes a cameo appearance in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 during a loading screen in the Fight Lab mode where he can be seen sitting by the pool being sketched by Violet whilst Combot sits at his feet like a dog.
- During his university studies, he took a few Chinese language courses. Although, he found it very difficult.
- He is known to have a great sense of humor.
- Among his fans and colleagues, he is well known to enjoy tequila.
- On June 4, 2013, he was reported missing for a week by the Tekken Project team via his twitter account.
- Upon revealing his job as an arcade promoter to his parents, they were devastated and bursted into tears.
- Harada revealed one of his projects at EVO 2014, Tekken 7.
- In Project X Zone 2, Harada is also mentioned by Segata Sanshiro when he thanked the Tekken Team from their success in their main games during his encounter with both Jin and Kazuya as both of them are totally confused about both of his role for being a game director and chief producer of their game.
- After the release of Tekken 7, Harada is mostly seen within the release of the DLC trailers of the game such as Ultimate Tekken Bowl and the guest appearance of SNK's Geese Howard.
- Harada's Twitter (Harada_TEKKEN)
- Harada's Official Facebook page
- Katsuhiro Harada's page on the Soul Calibur Wiki.
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/329392731254317056
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/195725905740578816
- ^ http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/sep/23/haradas-parents-broke-tears-when-he-initially-got-involved-video-games-he-used-psychology-background-boost-sales/
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/322903409063755776
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/320546720238952449
- ^ https://twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/342135989017378816
- ^ http://www.edge-online.com/features/an-audience-with-katsuhiro-harada/