Katsuhiro Harada at the "Montpellier in Game" festival (2010).
|Full Name||Katsuhiro Harada|
Mishima Style Fighting Karate
|Likes||Tequila, Kuma, Heihachi Mishima, Ganryu (out of pity), Sunglasses|
|Dislikes||Whiny Fans, cilantro|
|Birthday||June 10, 1971|
|Occupation||Game Director, Chief Producer|
|Game Appearances||Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (cameo)|
Soul Calibur V (cameo)
Katsuhiro Harada (原田 勝弘 Harada Katsuhiro) is a producer with Namco Bandai. Born in Osaka, Japan and grew up in Nara Prefecture. He later moved to Tokyo, Japan after completing his university studies there and eventually became a game designer. He attended Waseda University along with Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki. He holds a degree in psychology. He is best known for his work on the Tekken fighting games series of which he is the director and chief producer of. He is also a member of Project Soul (the team behind Namco's Soul Calibur franchise). He is often seen in interviews alongside Michael Murray who translates for him.
- Harada voiced Marshall Law and Forest Law in all releases prior to Tekken 4.
- His favorite Tekken character is Heihachi Mishima but sometimes he'll answer Ganryu because he is the least popular character in the series.
- Harada appeared in Soul Calibur V as a playable character, his fighting style is Mishima Style Fighting Karate and his special outfit is Heihachi Mishima's Tiger Gi.
- Harada makes a cameo appearance in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 during a loading screen in the Fight Lab mode where he can be seen sitting by the pool being sketched by Violet whilst Combot sits at his feet like a dog.
- His BGM is called 'Antares" which is also used in the Tekken 5 stage Cathedral.
- He has studied judo, karate and a little bit of taekwondo in the past.
- During his university studies, he took a few Chinese language courses. Although, he found it very difficult.
- He is known to have a great sense of humor.
- Among his fans and colleagues, he is well known to enjoy tequila.
- On June 4, 2013, he was reported missing for a week by the Tekken Project team via his twitter account.
- Upon revealing his job as an arcade promoter to his parents, they were devastated and bursted into tears.