The Kazama Clan (風間一族 Kazama Ichizoku?) is one of the most important families in the Tekken series. The family has been known for being blessed with spiritual powers going beyond the line of ordinary people.
The series revolves mainly around this family and the Mishimas. Possibly the most recognizable member of the clan is Jin Kazama, who is one of the most well-known characters of the series, as well as a recurring protagonist.
Unlike the Mishima family, the Kazamas don't carry the devil gene except for Jin, whose father is a Mishima. Although, one notable trait of the Kazama clan is that they have some ability to purify or restrain the devil gene. This can be seen in Kazuya's Tekken 4 ending as he tries to absorb the devil out of Jin or in Asuka's Tekken 5 ending where she dispels Jin's devil form simply by touching him.
- Jun Kazama - Had been mysteriously impregnated by Kazuya Mishima, mother of Jin Kazama, bears relation to Asuka Kazama and her father.
- Jin Kazama - Son of Kazuya Mishima, grandson of Heihachi Mishima, great-grandson of Jinpachi Mishima, the first Kazama with the devil gene and the human-counterpart of Devil Jin.
- Asuka Kazama - Daughter of Mr. Kazama, bears relation to Jun Kazama and her son.
- Mr. Kazama - Father of Asuka Kazama, bears relation to Jun Kazama and Jin Kazama.
- Kazama consists of the kanji for "wind" (風 kaze) and "interval" (間 ma) and collectively, they mean "while the wind blows." Kazama is in fact a real Japanese surname that is currently in use.
- Fūma Kotarō, the famous ninja from the Sengoku Period of Japan, was thought to be originally have the surname Kazama.