Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts (風間流古武術 Kazama-ryū Koryū Bujutsu?), known earlier in the English version of the series as Kazama-Style Self Defense (風間流護身術 Kazama-ryū Kakushinjutsu?), is a fighting style created and primarily used by the Kazama family.
The fighting style incorporates traditional Japanese Jujutsu such as Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu (大東流合気柔術), a fighting system characterised by throwing techniques and joint manipulations to effectively subdue or injure an attacker, and defensive techniques used either to blend or to neutralize an attack's effectiveness and to use the force of the attacker's movement against him. This aspect is emphasized in gameplay by Asuka Kazama's and Jun Kazama's many throws and reversal moves.
- Asuka Kazama - She takes over Jun's "mantle" as a playable character in Tekken 5 and onwards. Although she practices the Kazama style, Asuka's movements are less graceful and polished, instead being more direct and violent.
- Jin Kazama - He uses a fighting style that is a mix of Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts, taught by his mother, and Mishima Style Fighting Karate in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament. He likely still use this style, taking up Karate and possibly combining it together, as a few of Jin's moves seem to be more of Jujutsu rather than karate , but his former fighting style is still used by his demonic self, Devil Jin, from Tekken 5 and onwards.
- Mokujin - Using mimicry.
- Tetsujin - Using mimicry.
- Unknown - In Tekken Tag Tournament, it is through mimicry. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, even though her fighting style is officialy stated as "unknown", she fights using Jun's moves combined with demonic powers.
- Asuka's father - He is only heard of during the storyline, owns a dojo and teaches Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts to his students and his daughter.
- Kinjin - Using mimicry.