The King of Iron Fist Tournament (ザ・キング・オブ・アイアンフィストトーナメント Za Kingu obu Airon Fisuto Tōnamento) is a fictional world-wide martial arts competition that is held infrequently and is hosted by the Mishima Zaibatsu. It draws renowned fighters from all around the globe.
The sponsors of the tournament act as a host of sorts for the competition and are always the Sub-Boss or Final Boss of the game.
- First Tournament - Heihachi Mishima
- Second Tournament - Kazuya Mishima
- Third Tournament - Heihachi Mishima
- Fourth Tournament - Heihachi Mishima
- Fifth Tournament - Jinpachi Mishima
- Sixth Tournament - Jin Kazama
- Seventh Tournament - Heihachi Mishima
Every winner of every canonical tournament will be crowned the ownership of the tournament.
- First Tournament - Kazuya Mishima
- Second Tournament - Heihachi Mishima
- Third Tournament - Jin Kazama (Paul Phoenix defeated Ogre in the third tournament, and, believing himself to be the winner, left. Unknown to Paul, Ogre morphed into his final form, True Ogre, and the tournament continued in his absence. In the end, Jin was proclaimed as the true victor of the third Tournament for being victorious over True Ogre. Officially Jin disappeared after the win).
- Fourth Tournament - Kazuya Mishima (Heihachi was defeated by Kazuya in the official battle, then Heihachi led Kazuya to Jin as promised, when there, Kazuya/Devil knocked Heihachi out of the room, and tried and failed to absorb Jin's devil powers, after which Jin woke up and defeated Kazuya and then Heihachi, and then flew away, but that took place outside the tournament).
- Fifth Tournament - Jin Kazama (Jin actually lost to Hwoarang but he transformed into Devil Jin and defeated him, allowing him to continue progressing through the tournament).
- Sixth Tournament - Jin Kazama (Jin is also presumed to have died in the temple's collapse after defeating Azazel, but the actual truth is that he was found in a comatose state in the middle of the desert by Raven and his colleagues).
- Seventh Tournament - None so far (Tournament was canceled after the Zaibatsu reported Heihachi to be dead.)
- Heihachi Mishima has sponsored the most tournaments, having sponsored the first, third, fourth and seventh tournaments.
- Every tournament has been sponsored by somebody within the Mishima bloodline and were also the antagonists from the games they sponsored the tournaments.
- Jin Kazama has won the most tournaments out of all the characters in the series, having won the third, fifth, and sixth tournaments, although he technically beaten Kazuya and Heihachi in Tekken 4, it was taken place outside the tournament at the Mishima Dojo, and he actually was defeated by Hwoarang in Tekken 5, but the tournament officials let him continue after Jin confronts Hwoarang again in his devil form.