Lana Lei (ラナ・レイ Rana Rei?) is an antagonist and a Kometa executive in Death by Degrees. She has Bryce Adams as her bodyguard and a butler named Douglas Taggart. Lana is the antagonist that Nina Williams must fight three times being the most for any boss.
Along with Bryce being her bodyguard, he also appears to be her boyfriend. Lana cares a lot about him, as shown before Nina fights her for the first time in which she angrily says, "You're the one who murdered Bryce!" to Nina. Towards the end of the game, it is revealed that Lana kept his corpse on a bed covered in roses on the Amphitrite.
Lana is difficult to kill; she doesn't die after getting defeated twice by Nina and she doesn't die after getting shot with a gun multiple times. After their third fight, Lana apparently dies. However, she does manage to say, "It's him..." before Nina flees the Amphitrite indicating that Edgar Grant is the one who blew up the ship. She is left for dead, as she was on the Amphitrite when it blew up, but due to the ship's layout, she may have escaped and survived the explosion.
Lana uses bladed hand fans during fights and seemingly has to ability to teleport, summon zombies and clone people such as Bryce Adams and Enrique Ortega, two of the game's other antagonists. Every time Nina fights Lana, they go to a different place than they are currently at. The first two times, they fight in a snowy area where a plane has apparently wrecked. However, in the third fight, they go to another snowy location with many broken stone statues in it. After Nina defeats Lana, they go back to the place where they were prior to the fight. This is due to Lana poisoning Nina before their fights causing her to have hallucinations.
- Nina Williams - Lana attempts to kill her and fails three times, in the end she (Lana) is apparently killed by her.
- Bryce Adams - He is her lover and bodyguard.
- Enrique Ortega - He is her former associate.
- Edgar Grant/Alan Smithee - Lana is shot multiple times by him but she manages to survive, she allegedly kills him.
- Lana shared her last name "Lei" with Lei Wulong. It is unknown whether they are some kind of relatives or not.