Lars in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Lars Alexandersson|
|Fighting Style||Self-Taught Martial Arts |
|Nationality||Swedish (also half Japanese)|
|Birthday||March 28, 1985|
|Occupation||Former Tekken Force Officer |
Rebel Leader Current Champion of The King of Iron Fist. "6"
|Family||Jinpachi Mishima (Grandfather)|
Heihachi Mishima (Father)
Kazuya Mishima (Older Half-brother)
Jin Kazama (Half-nephew)
Lee Chaolan (Adoptive older brother)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion|
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Lars Alexandersson (ラース・アレクサンダーソン, Rāsu Arekusandāson) is a fictional character of the Tekken series. He is 28 years old and was first introduced in Tekken 6. He is the main protagonist of the Scenario Campaign mode, along with Alisa Bosconovitch. Lars' tagline is "The one who betrayed his own in order to build a new era".
Lars has a heroic personality as he lead the coup d'etat into defeating the Mishima Zaibatsu, he has the fighting spirit and determination of his half-nephew, Jin Kazama. He also has the charisma of his adopted brother Lee Chaolan, but is the complete opposite to Heihachi and Kazuya, being much like Jun Kazama in terms of personality. He strongly resembles Jin Kazama at times. Lars's actions and surroundings fit the mold of an archetypical hero.
Lars's personality ranges from calm to angry at various moments, and his words and actions are that of a soldier. As Lars's point is to defeat Jin and declare peace, he is somewhat a second hero after Jin.
Lars is very muscular and toned, as evidenced by his large biceps, visible abs, and pectoral muscles. He has sandy brown hair that is spiked up vertically.
His first outfit consists of a red and black armored suit, along with a black cape and a metal emblem of a lion on his chest. His second outfit consists of brown shoes, white pants, a dark gray jacket with a large white design on the top part, an extended collar, and red gloves.
As the Mishima Zaibatsu waged war on the world, G Corporation, led by Kazuya Mishima, rose from titanic to power and was their main opposition, leading to worldwide conflict. Meanwhile the Zaibatsu's former Tekken Force soldiers began a coup d'etat against the Mishima Zaibatsu. The mastermind behind this coup d'etat was Lars Alexandersson, a young and charismatic Tekken Force officer with incredible physical ability and intellect. Most importantly, he is the illegitimate son of Heihachi Mishima, and with the exception of Lars, no one, not even Heihachi, is aware of this piece of information.
Lars appear as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken (as a default in the PlayStation Vita version and as a DLC in console versions), his partner is Alisa Bosconovitch.
Lars appears as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Lars, Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi, Jun and Asuka are sitting around a table for dinner. Unfortunaly, Lars doesn't get anything to eat as the others consume most of it (even the egg which was thrown into the air). After they finished, he tries to have some seaweed only to have it sucked it away by Heihachi. However, it is all but a dream, though Lars asks his men if they brought anything to eat as his stomach growls.
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Heihachi Mishima
- Alisa Bosconovitch
- Kazuya Mishima
- Jin Kazama
- Jun Kazama
- Lee Chaolan
Lars is a bonus playable character in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. He wears clothes designed for him by Masashi Kishimoto, which are also used in Bloodline Rebellion. Unlike other characters, he will speak in Japanese even if the English setting is on. Instead of throwing shurikens and using nature transformations, Lars uses special firearms with shuriken ammo as projectiles. His Jutsu is his "Zeus" uppercut and his Ultimate Jutsu being his ten-hit combo. His Awakening Mode is Tekken 6's Rage Mode, complete with red trails.
His background story in the game is left unknown.
|Blood Stealers||Raksasa Mengganas|
Tekken Supreme God
Name and SurnameEdit
Lars is derived from the Roman/Latin name "Laurentius", which means "from Laurentum" or "crowned with laurel".
Alexandersson is a surname derived of two parts; from the name "Alexander" (meaning "Defender of Mankind") and the Scandinavian suffix "sson" (meaning "son of"). Alexandersson meaning "Son of the Defender of Mankind."
- Jinpachi Mishima - His grandfather.
- Heihachi Mishima - His father who also tries to kill him.
- Kazumi Mishima - His stepmother.
- Kazuya Mishima - His older half-brother.
- Lee Chaolan - His adoptive older half-brother. Lee became allies with Lars during his visit at Violet Systems and offered to help him to repair Alisa at the end of the Scenario Campaign.
- Jin Kazama - His half-nephew and former superior.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His partner in the Scenario Campaign. However, at Jin's headquarters, she betrays Lars when Jin reprogrammed her. She was finally defeated by Lars and Raven outside Azazel's temple, Lars then brought her to Lee to be resurrected by him. Alisa is also Lars' partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Tougou - His close friend and lieutenant, who died at the Millenium Tower.
- Nina Williams - She and Lars became enemies during the Scenario Campaign. Though at the end, she had a brief conversation with Lars about Jin's actions. They became allies after this.
- Raven - His second partner and ally, who teamed up with Lars after Alisa turned against him.
- Lei Wulong - Lars (along with Alisa) helped him defeat members of G Corporation at Interpol.
- Julia Chang - Lars rescued her from G Corporation (by Lee's request).
- Lili - She had done research on Lars and gave him her old SUV for him to travel in.
- Azazel - Defeated by Lars in his original form, thus finally saving the world by Jin.
- Wang Jinrei - He gave information to Lars about Jin's war on the world and warned him about Alisa.
- Zafina - She assures that Lars will save the world from Azazel. She later allies with Lars (and Raven) to fight off an army of Tekken Force soldiers on an island (Anger of the Earth).
- NANCY-MI847J - He encountered it during the Scenario Campaign, but it was dealt with by Raven.
- Bryan Fury - Bryan followed Lars (and Alisa) through the woods in the Scenario Campaign.
- Christie Monteiro - She was defeated by Lars, after demanding the whereabouts of Eddy Gordo.
- Bob Richards - He was defeated by Lars when he mistook him for a kidnapper and tried to save Alisa from him.
- A vast majority of Lars' moves are named after military terms or terms used in the field of electronics and electromagnetism. His fighting style hasn't been confirmed by Namco.
- He shares some physical similarities with Siegfried Schtauffen, a character and main protagonist of the Soul Calibur series, another fighting game series by Namco. Lars also bears an uncanny resemblance to Patroklos Alexander, the new protagonist of Soul Calibur V.
- Lars and Patroklos also have similar roles of new protagonists, replacing Jin and Siegfried, respectively.
- Interesting enough, even Lars' and Patroklos' respective surnames are almost similar to each other.
- Lars also bears similarities with Alex from the Street Fighter series (specifically, from the Street Fighter III games).
- Both are military-themed or military-inspired characters.
- Both Lars and Alex replace Jin and Ryu respectively as new protagonists.
- Both are the first non-Japanese (in Lars' case, half-Japanese) characters to become main protagonists of their series.
- Both Lars and Alex serve as sharp contrasts to the previous protagonists in terms of personalities. While Jin and Ryu are both calm and indifferent, Lars and Alex are bold and emotional.
- The name of the rebel army that Lars leads is called Yggdrasil. In Norse mythology, it is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist.
- Despite being Swedish, Lars speaks English and/or Japanese in all movie sequences making him one of the few Tekken characters to not speak their native language. It could be explained in-universe by the fact that he is a high-ranking officer in a mostly Japanese organization, so he could have learned Japanese as part of his training.
- Some of Lars' quotes are:
- "There's no way you can stop me" (a win animation where he rubs his right hand across the lion emblem on his chest).
- "Roger, I'll be there soon" (a win animation where he's talking into his mobile phone).
- "You really think you can stop me?".
- "I think you should move out of the way".
- "Damn. One after another...".
- "Get out from my way!".
- "You look like, you know a thing or two".
- Lars' cellphone appears to be an unknown Sony Ericsson model.
- This Swedish-Japanese company might have inspired his creation.
- Lars is somewhat similar to Jean Kujo from the Virtua Fighter series. Both are European but have Japanese heritage and speak Japanese, also has part of their last intro quote speech. They also have been introduced at the expansions of Tekken 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 respectively.
- Lars's hairstyle was (and to an extent, still is) criticized by several fans.
- Even though Lars is the one who defeated Azazel, it was Jin who finally destroyed it.
- Lars is one of the three characters who have the Instant Shining Wizard (iSW) ability (fff+2+4). His iSW is called "Rejection" and is the weakest iSW in the game.
- Unlike most of his family clan (except for Lee/Violet who is adopted), Lars, along with Jin, does not have the surname of Mishima.
- Lars is unplayable in Scenario Campaign's Arena Mode along with Alisa, since the Scenario Campaign describes both their stories.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, his highest promotion partner is Zafina.
See Lars' Gallery