Lars in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Lars Alexandersson|
|Fighting Style||Karate (based on Shorinji-style)|
|Likes||Alisa Bosconovitch |
his adoptive older brother
Lili's SUV that she gave him
|Occupation||Former Tekken Force Officer |
|Hobby||Speaking on the mobile phone|
|Family||Jinpachi Mishima (Grandfather)|
Heihachi Mishima (Father)
Kazuya Mishima (Half-brother)
Jin Kazama (Half-nephew)
Lee Chaolan (Adoptive brother)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion|
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Japanese: |
Lars Alexandersson (ラース・アレクサンダーソン Rāsu Arekusandāson?) is a fictional character of the Tekken series. He was first introduced in Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion. He is the main protagonist of the Scenario Campaign mode, along with Alisa Bosconovitch. Lars' tagline is "the one who betrayed his own in order to build a new era".
Lars has a heroic personality as he lead the coup d'etat into defeating the Mishima Zaibatsu, he has the fighting spirit and determination of his half-nephew, Jin Kazama. He also has the charisma of his adopted brother Lee Chaolan, but is the complete opposite to Heihachi and Kazuya, being much like Jun Kazama in terms of personality. He strongly resembles Jin Kazama at times. Lars's actions and surroundings fit the mold of an archetypical hero.
Lars's personality ranges from calm to angry at various moments, and his words and actions are that of a soldier. As Lars's point is to defeat Jin and declare peace, he is somewhat a second hero after Jin.
Lars is very muscular, as evidenced by his large biceps, visible abs, and pectoral muscles. He has sandy brown hair that is spiked up vertically.
His first outfit consists of a red and black armored suit, along with a black cape and a metal emblem of a lion on his chest. His second outfit consists of brown shoes, white pants, a dark gray jacket with a large white design on the top part, an extended collar, and red gloves.
As the Mishima Zaibatsu waged war on the world, G Corporation, led by Kazuya Mishima, rose from titanic to power and was their main opposition, leading to worldwide conflict. Meanwhile, the Zaibatsu's former Tekken Force soldiers began a coup d'etat against the Mishima Zaibatsu. The mastermind behind this coup d'etat was Lars Alexandersson, a young and charismatic Tekken Force officer with incredible physical ability and intellect. Most importantly, he is the illegitimate son of Heihachi Mishima, and with the exception of Lars, no one, not even Heihachi, is aware of this piece of information. Lars's goal is to bring peace by defeating his half-nephew, Jin Kazama.
Lars appeared as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken (as a default in the PlayStation Vita version and as a DLC in console versions). His partner is Alisa Bosconovitch and their rivals are Sakura and Blanka.
Lars appears as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Lars, Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi, Jun and Asuka are sitting around a dinner table, eagerly awaiting Jun's prepared dinner. As soon as the pot steams up and is opened, however, Lars finds himself unable to eat even a single morsel as everyone literally outspeeds him in grabbing any bit of food they can, even one final egg which gets launched into the air and subsequently speared into pieces by everyone's chopsticks. Even when there is one last strip of seaweed left that Lars tries to get at, Heihachi immediately inhales it. Lars eventually awakens in his squad helicopter, the whole ordeal having been but a nightmare. The movie ends as Lars sheepishly asks if anyone has any food he can have.
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Heihachi Mishima
- Alisa Bosconovitch
- Kazuya Mishima / Devil
- Jin Kazama
- Jun Kazama
- Lee Chaolan
Lars is a bonus playable character in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. He wears a custom outfit designed for him by Masashi Kishimoto, which is also used in Bloodline Rebellion. Unlike other characters, he will speak in Japanese even if the English setting is on. Instead of throwing shurikens and using nature transformations, Lars uses special firearms with shuriken ammo as projectiles. His Jutsu is his "Zeus" uppercut and his Ultimate Jutsu being a ten-hit combo, though not the ten-hit combo from Tekken. His Awakening Mode is Tekken 6's Rage Mode, complete with red trails.
His background story in the game is left unknown.
Lars appears as a playable character in Tekken Revolution.
Intro and Win QuotesEdit
|Pre-fight Quotes||Win Quotes|
|Something's came up. I'll contact you later.||We have injured. Send a medic. (負傷者が出た、手当てしてくれ fushō-sha ga deta, teateshitekure)|
|Fine. Proceed as planned.||There's no way you can stop me. (俺を止めることはできない Ore wo tomeru koto wa dekinai)|
|You think you can stop me? (俺を止められるか？ Ore wo tomerareru ka?)||I'm finished here. (こちらは片付いた kochira wa katazuita)|
|You look like you know a thing or two.||Understood. I'm on my way. (了解、すぐに向かう ryōkai, sugu ni mukau)|
|I think you should move out of the way.||Alright, I'm on my way. (ああ、すぐに向かう Ā, sugu ni mukau)|
|Don't think you can escape.|
|Get out of my way! (そこをどけ soko wo doke)|
|Damn. One after another...|
|No need to go easy on me. (情けは無用だ nasake wa muyō da)|
|You think you can stop us? (俺たちを止められるか？Ore-tachi wo tomerareru ka?)|
|I'm counting on you. (頼りにしてるぜ tayori ni shiteru ze)|
|Pre-fight Quotes||Win Quotes|
|Very well, let's go!|
|Alisa, we'll eat once we're finished here.|
|Lars and Alex1||Tekken God|
- Jinpachi Mishima - His deceased grandfather.
- Heihachi Mishima - His father who also tries to kill him. Lars is the illegimate child of Heihachi and a Swedish woman.
- Kazuya Mishima - His older half-brother.
- Lee Chaolan - His adoptive older half-brother. Lee became allies with Lars during his visit at Violet Systems and offered to help him to repair Alisa at the end of the Scenario Campaign.
- Jin Kazama - His half-nephew and former superior.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His partner in the Scenario Campaign. However, at Jin's headquarters, she betrays Lars when Jin reprogrammed her. She was finally defeated by Lars and Raven outside Azazel's temple, Lars then brought her to Lee to be resurrected by him. Alisa is also Lars' partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Tougou - His deceased close friend and lieutenant.
- Nina Williams - His enemy and later his ally at the end of the Scenario Campaign.
- Eddy Gordo - His colleague in the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Raven - His second partner and ally, who teamed up with Lars after Alisa turned against him.
- Lei Wulong - Lars (along with Alisa) helped him defeat members of G Corporation at Interpol.
- Julia Chang - Lars rescued her from G Corporation (by Lee's request).
- Lili - She had done research on Lars and gave him her old SUV for him to travel in.
- Azazel - Defeated by Lars in his original form, thus finally saving the world by Jin.
- Wang Jinrei - He gave information to Lars about Jin's war on the world and warned him about Alisa.
- Zafina - She assures that Lars will save the world from Azazel. She later allies with Lars (and Raven) to fight off an army of Tekken Force soldiers on an island (Anger of the Earth).
- NANCY-MI847J - He encountered it during the Scenario Campaign, but it was dealt with by Raven.
- Bryan Fury - Bryan followed Lars (and Alisa) through the woods in the Scenario Campaign.
- His first name, Lars, is derived from the Roman/Latin name "Laurentius", which means "from Laurentum" or "crowned with laurel".
- His last name, Alexandersson, is a surname derived of two parts; from the name "Alexander" (meaning "Defender of Mankind") and the Scandinavian suffix "sson" (meaning "son of"). Alexandersson meaning "Son of the Defender of Mankind".
- A vast majority of Lars' moves are named after military terms or terms used in the field of electronics and electromagnetism. His fighting style has been confirmed as Karate by Namco.
- Although Namco confirmed his fighting style, the actual moveset he used for his strikes, stances, throws, and defensive techniques are usually based on Shorinji Kempo which shared resemblances from Karate.
- He shares some physical similarities with Siegfried Schtauffen, a character and main protagonist of the Soul series, another fighting game series by Namco. Lars also bears an uncanny resemblance to Patroklos Alexander, the new protagonist of Soul Calibur V.
- Lars and Patroklos also have similar roles of new protagonists, replacing Jin and Siegfried, respectively.
- Interesting enough, even Lars' and Patroklos' respective surnames are almost similar to each other.
- Lars also bears similarities with Alex from the Street Fighter series (specifically, from the Street Fighter III games).
- Both are military-themed or military-inspired characters.
- Both Lars and Alex replace Jin and Ryu respectively as new protagonists.
- Both are the first non-Japanese (in Lars' case, half-Japanese) characters to become main protagonists of their series.
- Both Lars and Alex serve as sharp contrasts to the previous protagonists in terms of personalities. While Jin and Ryu are both calm and indifferent, Lars and Alex are bold and emotional.
- The name of the rebel army that Lars leads is called Yggdrasil. In Norse mythology, it is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist.
- Despite being Swedish, Lars speaks Japanese in all movie sequences, making him one of the few Tekken characters to not speak their native language. It could be explained in-universe by the fact that he is a high-ranking officer in a mostly Japanese organization, so he could have learned Japanese as part of his training.
- Lars' cellphone appears to be an unknown Sony Ericsson model.
- This Swedish-Japanese company might have inspired his creation.
- Lars is somewhat similar to Jean Kujo from the Virtua Fighter series. Both are European but have Japanese heritage and speak Japanese, and even share the same part of their last intro quote speech. They also have been introduced at the expansions of Tekken 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 respectively.
- Lars is unplayable in Scenario Campaign's Arena Mode along with Alisa, since Scenario Campaign describes both their stories.
- Lars is voiced by Jack Calabrisi.
- During the win quotes with his partner Alisa, Lars does a thinking pose in a similar manner to his half-nephew, Jin who also does this pose.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Ken's Swap Costume is Lars' outfit.
See Lars' Gallery