Eleonor Kliesen (エレオノーラ・クリーゼン Ereonōru Kurīzen?) commonly known as Leo (レオ Reo?) is a character from the Tekken fighting game series by Namco. He is one of the four characters first introduced in Tekken 6, which was released to arcades in Japan on November 26th 2007. Leo is from Germany who fights with Baji Quan.
Prologue Text: Leo was part of a very talented family. Leo's father was a world-famous spelunker, while Leo's mother served as a G Corporation executive. Although his father disappeared during an expedition when Leo was a child, Leo still wanted to follow in the family tradition and become a spelunker. Leo possessed a strong sense of character, thanks to a proper upbringing. Life was pleasant and relatively uneventful until one fateful day, when Leo's mother was killed by an unknown assailant. Depressed and filled with grief, Leo became incensed when the police called-off their investigation quickly and without explanation. Leo vowed to find the truth. During Leo’s own investigation, the G Corporation's Kazuya Mishima materialized as a person of interest. The G Corporation was popularized at the time as a world hero, making it difficult to get close to Kazuya, and it looked as though Leo’s quest had reached an insurmountable impasse. It was at this time that news of the Mishima Zaibatsu-sponsored The King of Iron Fist Tournament began to spread. Leo learned that Kazuya Mishima was scheduled to appear in person at the event. Realizing that this may be the only chance to take revenge against Kazuya, Leo decided to enter the contest.
Ending Description: Leo pays a visit to Emma Kliesen's grave and finds a letter reading "Dear Leo." He reads it and then turns around suddenly to find no one standing behind him. The camera pans over Leo's face then points up.
Prologue Text: Leo entered the King of Iron Fist Tournament in the hope of uncovering more about his deceased mother, who had been a researcher for the Mishima Zaibatsu. When Leo learned that his battle arena was to be a Zaibatsu-owned dojo, he couldn't believe his luck.
However, when he got there, the dojo was in ruins. The moonlight poured in through holes in the walls and roof, illuminating the floor with an eerie beauty. A short while later, a strange, floating silhouette appeared, and slowly glided toward Leo.
The silhouette held a sword in its left hand that rotated at a mind-bending speed. What the hell was this thing? It looked like some kind of a flying squid or octopus! Was it a demon...?
Then it finally dawned on Leo: This bizarre creature was his opponent. Cautiously, he prepared to fight.
Ending Description: After defeating Yoshimitsu, Leo ponders as to what he is exactly. Bending down, he pokes at one of his tentacles and immediately jumps back in shock when it starts to squirm. Remembering his mission, Leo bids Yoshimitsu farewell and leaves.
Ending Description: Leo is seen on a train that seems to belong to G Corporation. She sneaks in and reads from a computer that Emma Kliesen (Leo's mother) was once a supervisor for the Mishima Zaibatsu's devil gene program. The cells of the devil gene merge together with a normal person's cells, so the Mishima Zaibatsu created a synthetic strand to use. The program was cancelled after various fatalities of the test subjects. Emma had also reported the "death" of NT01. Suddenly while Leo is saving the information onto a USB, the computer's owner arms himself and goes back into his cabin. Leo manages to get back on the train's roof only to be surrounded by three armed men. Swearing to find the murderers of her mother, Leo jumps out of the train and fires a hook that lands on the ledge.
- Michelle Chang
- Ling Xiaoyu
- Feng Wei
- Lei Wulong
- Lili de Rochefort
- Marshall Law
- Forest Law
- Wang Jinrei
- Kazuya Mishima
Leo appears as a unlockable character in Tekken Revolution.
Leo is defined by a balanced gameplay. While excelling in little, He is good at just about everything: He has lots of fast, strong combos and multi-hits, stunning blows that strike high and low. Leo is also very safe, because her moves have little lag or recovery in between. Many of her attacks, however, are pretty straightforward and predictable, so he is prone to be sidestepped.
Leo practices Baji Quan, a Chinese martial art famous for its powerful elbow strikes, arm/fist strikes, hip checks and strikes with the shoulder, delivered with explosive, short-range power.
- Mr. Kliesen - Their father.
- Emma Kliesen - Their deceased mother.
- Kazuya Mishima - Kazuya was witnessed to be her mother's killer.
- Asuka Kazama - Their friend in the Online Tekken Comic (non-canon).
- Lili de Rochefort - Leo is Lili's bodyguard in the Online Tekken Comic (non-canon).
- Yoshimitsu - Their opponent in Tekken 7.
- Despite Harada's public statement, English localizations of Leo's story still refer to Leo occasionally as male and categorize Leo to be with male characters.
- It should be noted that in the original, Japanese texts, Leo is often referred to either by the name or by gender-neutral words.
- Leo is ranked #22 in ugo.com's The 25 Most Androgynous Video Game Characters.
- It is unknown how Leo's father died, or if he did for certain.
- In the non-canonical Online Tekken Comic, Leo is portrayed or viewed as a male. In most video game appearance, Leo is only occasionally seen as a male.
- Leo can equip both male and female accessories.
- Leo can equip a sledgehammer which is a male item, but Leo also can have pigtail hair bases which is usually for female fighters only. Also, Leo's continue and next round animations are those of male characters.
- In the Scenario Campaign, however, both Heihachi and Anna refer to Leo as a "boy", most likely due to Leo's main appearance.
- Leo cannot be attacked by Anna's Slap Happy (b+2), which is usable against females; but by Heihachi's Headbutt Carnival (f,F+1+4), which is usable against males.
- In the Tekken 6 Limited Edition Art Book's Designers' Sketches, Leo is under the Male Characters section.
- Leo resembles Rock Howard from Garou: Mark of the Wolves and King from The Art of Fighting series.
- Leo can be customized as Ash Ketchum, the main hero from the Pokémon anime. Not surprisingly, Ash's English voice actress, Veronica Taylor, provides Leo's voice.
- Despite not sharing the same fighting style, Leo shares some moves with Paul Phoenix
- Leo has the largest hitbox of all human female characters, being Class 3 in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Ling Xiaoyu, Jaycee and Alisa Bosconovitch are Class 1, every other female in Class 2.
- Leo now speaks in her native language, German as Leo's voice actress sounded more masculine or tomboyish with a deeper pitch.
- Leo can be customized to look like Sora & Roxas from the Kingdom Hearts series, Tenten from the Naruto series, Eliot from Dead or Alive 4, & Indiana Jones.
- Even though Leo's gender has been revealed, Leo has got two swimsuits: a bikini revealing Leo's cleavage giving a more feminine look and the surfer swimsuit that gives Leo a masculine look (the chest becomes flat like there are pectorals, however this may also imply that Leo binds the chest flat in order to assume a masculine identity while wearing a swimsuit)
- Although Leo was announced to be female "she" is still categorized as a male fighter in this installment either way said character is ambiguous further information will be added once it is presented.
- In both his and Yoshimitsu's endings, he briefly speaks english while he remains speaking German throughout the game.