Please note: This name is Chinese; "Ling" is a surname, not a given name; the given name of this character is "Xiaoyu".
Ling Xiaoyu (Chinese: 凌曉雨 Líng Xiǎoyǔ; Japanese: リン・シャオユウ Rin Shaoyū; It may be written with given name first as Xiaoyu Ling) is a fictional character who was introduced to the Tekken franchise in Tekken 3 as a 16 year old girl and has returned in every subsequent release. Xiaoyu's fighting style was brought on with some influence from her master, Wang Jinrei. Her main goal throughout most of the series is to, through fighting in the tournaments, win so she can earn enough money to build her own amusement or theme park. However, in subsequent games of the series, Xiaoyu became more focused on the Mishima family's issues, in particular those of Jin Kazama.
Please add it here...
Please add it here...
Please add it here...
Version 1 Xiaoyu is a 16 year-old who loves amusement parks. Entering the Tournament is her first step in having the perfect amusement park built in China.
Version 2 CUTE, SPIRITED, HAS PANDA... WILL TRAVEL. This young girl loves amusement and theme parks. Her dream is to build the perfect amusement park in China when she grows up.
She is both young and small in stature but Xiaoyu is a skilled martial arts expert. Many believe if she was more serious she could achieve real greatness. Having learned that the Mishima Estate is rich and powerful she seeks out Heihachi (president and CEO) to make her dream a reality.
While vacationing in Hong Kong with her family, Xiaoyu stowed away on a yacht bearing the name, Mishima Financial Empire. Heihachi was not on board but Mishima's men discovered her soon after the ship left port and Heihachi was informed immediately.
Upon his arrival, Heihachi found his men beaten and strewn around the ship as if it was hit by a hurricane. She threatened that she would go berserk again if he did not accept her challenge. Roaring with laughter, he promises to build the amusement park of her dreams if she wins the tournament.
Ending Description, "Dreamland?": Heihachi Mishima keeps his promise, and builds Xiaoyu a theme park. Xiaoyu imagines a place full of happiness and color named "Xiaoyu Land". However, when her daydream ends, Heihachi unveils the real theme park, which is a gloomy place he calls "Heihachi Land". Heihachi roars with laughter. Xiaoyu gets angry, and beats up Heihachi, yelling "Jerk". Oddly, this ending is combined with anime-like animation & CGI.
Xiaoyu was a junior at Mishima High School. She still lived, studied and trained as a ward of the Mishima Zaibatsu. But lacking any particular goals, Xiaoyu grew tired of her everyday routines.
However, one day, she received an anonymous e-mail that warned her of Heihachi’s evil intentions and the danger to her life. Xiaoyu replied to the e-mail, but she did not receive any further messages from the anonymous individual.
Xiaoyu's intuition told her that Jin Kazama, who had been missing since the last Tournament, could have sent the message. She believed the message and started to suspect Heihachi and the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Upon hearing the announcement of the next Tournament, Xiaoyu made the decision to enter — hoping to be reunited with Jin and to unveil the truth behind Heihachi and the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Ending Description: Victory for Xiaoyu in the Tournament is not only a victory that few believed possible but also one that reveals the Mishima Zaibatsu's evil deeds for all to see. Soon after, Miharu Hirano is shown visiting an executive's office, and the chair behind the desk swivels around to reveal Xiaoyu, who has taken over the Mishima Zaibatsu. Miharu wonders what Xiaoyu is doing in the office, and when she replies that she's working, Miharu replies that she looks like she sits there and does nothing. Xiaoyu casually asks her friend how she did in her college entrance exams, and Miharu confesses that she has flunked all of them.
Wanting to help her friend, Xiaoyu offers her a job with the Mishima Zaibatsu, stating that from now on, she is going to make her own dreams come true. She tells Miharu that she saw Jin after the tournament and that he told her if she has a dream that she wants to come true, she should make it happen herself. Miharu lightly teases her, but recognizes a change in Xiaoyu, who used to depend on everybody else. Miharu agrees to work together and asks her friend what her dream is. Xiaoyu points out the window and responds, "Help me build that." The camera reveals a massive theme park being built with Mishima Zaibatsu funding and resources.
Tekken 5 Manual Version Xiaoyu cried when she heard Heihachi had been killed. In her sorrow, she wished she could go back in time. One day, Xiaoyu met a self-proclaimed genius who boasted he could invent a time machine if only he had the money. To fund the invention, Xiaoyu decided to enter the tournament.
Official Version Xiaoyu is a high school student who is on a personal mission to save the Mishima family. In the previous tournament, Xiaoyu was saved from the evil plans of Heihachi by Yoshimitsu, who taught her the history of the
Mishima family. Hearing this, Xiaoyu began to believe that the root of all misfortune surrounding the Mishima's started with Heihachi's cruel upbringing of Kazuya.
When Xiaoyu heard of the death of Heihachi, a tear came to her eye. "If only I could turn back time..." Xiaoyu said with a hint of sadness and regret.
Later, Xiaoyu happens to meet a brilliant scientist who claims that he can make a time machine as long as he gets the funding for development.
Under the condition that she will be first to use the machine, Xiaoyu pulls out the wadded scrap of paper in her pocket... an invitation to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5.
Interludes: After defeating several people, Xiaoyu finds out that her next opponent is Jin. Jin Tells her that the tournament is dangerous and tells her to leave. Xiaoyu argues that if certain things didn't happen in past Heihachi wouldn't have died like this and she's going to turn time back, to which Jin says that things can't be reversed and Heihachi is dead.
After defeating Jin, Xiaoyu apologizes and says that after she wins the tournament they can go back to good times.
After Jinpachi Mishima is defeated by Xiaoyu, he thanks Xiaoyu and disappears. Xiaoyu gets confused and after a while she frustratedly says "What do you mean "thank you"? Who am I supposed to get the prize money from?"
Ending Description: After winning the tournament, Ling Xiaoyu is the first to use her time machine. She travels back to the time when Heihachi Mishima was about to throw Kazuya off of a cliff, intending to avert this event that will rip the family apart. Unfortunately, Xiaoyu had lost control of the time machine and it barreled into Heihachi and Kazuya, sending Kazuya falling off of the cliff, while Heihachi is nearly sent over himself. Xiaoyu is wretched because of her failure, and the old scientist comes to her, laughing, and tells her that nobody can really change the past, remarking "The best you can hope for are minor improvements." This ending is also animated.
Ling Xiaoyu breathed a sigh of relief when she heard Heihachi had not truly died. However, as head of the Mishima Zaibatsu, Jin Kazama aims to take Heihachi’s life. Xiaoyu was going to try and stop Jin herself, but the Zaibatsu pushed towards militarization, making it difficult to approach Jin.
The Mishima Zaibatsu’s declaration of war drew hostility from around the globe. When the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 is announced, Ling Xiaoyu enters in the hope that she can save Jin’s soul from evil.
Ending Description: Xiaoyu meets Jin on a rooftop, where he is on the ledge about to jump. "No Jin! Don't do this." she says, but Jin sadly replies, "The evil I've perpetrated...can never be undone." He makes to sacrifice himself, but Xiaoyu jumps onto the ledge and hugs Jin, saying, "I...I'll stand by you~ Please... You can't do this!" After having a conversation, Jin says, "Thank you, Xiao". Suddenly, it's revealed that the sequence was just a dream. She wonders if she hugged Jin but no; it was Panda. After Panda pushes off Xiaoyu, she wakes up, but is still half-asleep, asking, "Where am I?", not realizing right away that it was just a dream.
Ling Xiaoyu infiltrated the Mishima Zaibatsu building in search of information relating to Jin Kazama's disappearance. Creeping deeper into the enemy territory under the guards' noses, she eventually hears Heihachi Mishima's voice coming from a room; he was giving orders about locating Jin. Just as Xiaoyu was about to sneak into the room, a man dressed all in white emerged and pushed her back. "Take me to Jin!" Xiaoyu demanded, unflinching. The man stood there for a moment, before ordering Xiaoyu to follow him.
He led her to the roof, then silently turned toward her, and readied himself to fight. Xiaoyu took up her fighting stance, and said, "So that's how it is... If you think I'm just some little girl, you're sadly mistaken."
Ending Description: After defeating Claudio, Xiaoyu is overjoyed that he agreed to let her come with him. But he tells her that she must be prepared. Xiaoyu replies that she is ready and knows what she must do. Claudio then turns and says, "Good... I was hoping you would say that.", with a grin on his face.
Ling Xiaoyu was shown in the opening of Tekken: The Motion Picture movie.
Ling Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament. She retains her moveset from Tekken 3 with a few more moves added. In this game, like Tekken 3, she continues to seek her dream of a world renowned amusement park and is still slightly concerned for her classmate, Jin Kazama. She has two different endings.Ending Description: She admires a beautiful evening sunset at the beach. She rides Panda towards the beach.
Alternate Ending: Mishima Polytech lets out for the day. She catches up to Jin whom is in solitude and his school bag over his shoulder, as he continues and she is walking backwards having a conversation with him briefly. She then continues on her way saluting Jin goodbye, but looks forward in a slightly worried state.
Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in the tactical role-playing game Project X Zone, with Jin Kazama as her partner.
Xiaoyu meets Jin somewhere in Tekken universe and asks him to wait, to which he tells her not to follow him and its his problem to handle. Xiaoyu argues that its not, and she notices that something is wrong with Jin. He tells her that he came here to find out what's happening to him. Suddenly some kind of demons appear in the fountain next to them. Xiaoyu gets terrified and asks Jin what those are, to which Jin says that they're demons that came after Jin. Jin's genes start to react to the demons.
Out of nowhere, something else appears, to what Xiaoyu refers as "silver skin freak", which is in fact Dural form the Virtua Fighter universe. Jin doesn't feel good and Xiaoyu starts to worry. Later, Akira and Pai from the Virtua Fighter universe appear and ask if Xiaoyu and Jin are okay. They introduce themselves and Jin tells them to get Xiaoyu out of this place. Akira and Pai decide to help Jin and Xiaoyu to fight monsters and Dural.
After a while, they meet Juri from Street Fighter universe who also came looking for Dural. Then, Ryu and Ken come and ask Juri about what's happening. They have a conversation. Xiaoyu asks Jin who those guys are and Jin says they're the ones who get involved in things too easily, just like him. They greet each other. Suddenly, something happens and everyone, except Pai and Akira dissappear.
Tekken Blood Vengeance casts Xiaoyu in a starring role. Anna Williams recruits her to spy on Shin Kamiya and she befriends Alisa, who, unknown to Xiaoyu, has been dispatched by the Mishima Zaibatsu. Xiaoyu and Alisa found out that Shin has the M-cell and they both along with Jin and Kazuya follow him to Kyoto Castle. After Heihachi kills Shin, Xiaoyu tries to stop the fighting but fails.
After Alisa is badly damaged, Xiaoyu cries and Jin, now enraged transforms into his devil form and eventually defeats Kazuya. While Heihachi fights Devil Jin, Alisa sacrifices herself to distract Heihachi and Jin defeats him. Jin, seeing Xiaoyu's pain, reverses Alisa from standby mode and Xiaoyu thanks him. He tells Xiaoyu that he would be waiting for the day where she grew strong enough to defeat him and Xiaoyu happily watches him leave. In the credits, Alisa, Panda and Xiaoyu decide to enter the Tekken Tournament together.
Ling Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken. Her official tag partner is Jin Kazama, with both serving as the mid-boss team for the Street Fighter characters. Their rivals are M. Bison and Juri while their rivals in Arcade Mode are Chun-Li and Cammy.
Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in the tactical role-playing game Project X Zone 2, with Chun-Li as her partner.
Xiaoyu goes on looking for Jin, when she runs into Chun-Li, who was fighting with Juri. Xiaoyu and Chun-Li greet each other and Chun-Li asks her what she's doing there. Xiaoyu then explains how Jin was going to Shibuya and he said he was going to kill someone (referring to Kazuya), and then he disappeared. She came to look for him, to which Saya remarks "Xiaoyu, noble as ever". M. Bison says that it bores her and tells Juri to kill Xiaoyu as well. Xiaoyu realizes she came at the wrong time and Chun-Li says she shouldn't worry, she will protect her. They team up. By the time seeing Kazuya and Jin work together after joining the heroes like herself, Xiaoyu is amongst of other heroes who are worried that both Kazuya and Jin might ended up killing each other, and reminds them and Heihachi to get over their conflicts between each other to save the humanity from Ouma.
Ling Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. She is also featured in the second trailer teaming up with Lili against King. She is also one of the four characters to be featured in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue. The others included are Alisa, Devil, and Devil Jin.
Ending Description: Xiaoyu, Alisa, Miharu, and Panda are at an amusement park. Rain however, suddenly falls, forcing the girls to find shelter. After they've found it, Miharu brings up how they are becoming adults and will need to make difficult choices. She continues to wonder where they will be in 20 years. Xiaoyu jokingly says that wherever they will be, they will have wrinkles. Miharu thinks that in 20 years, Xiaoyu may be married to "that certain someone". Although both girls know that Miharu is referring to Jin Kazama, Xiaoyu tries to feign ignorance. Just as this is said, the sun breaks through the clouds. Xiaoyu cheers while Alisa inquires on who Miharu thinks Xiaoyu will be married to. Xiaoyu tells Alisa to figure it out herself and runs off. The girls follow and jump in the air with Xiaoyu saying that no matter what happens, the future is what one makes it.
- Miharu Hirano
- Wang Jinrei
- Alisa Bosconovitch
- Jin Kazama
- Heihachi Mishima
- Asuka Kazama
- Emilie De Rochefort
- Lei Wulong
- Kuma II
- Roger Jr.
- Jun Kazama
Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in Tekken Revolution.
Xiaoyu is a playable character in Tekken Card Tournament. Her cards focus on frequent draw-power at the price of having overall weak stats, making her akin to a lightning bruiser or fragile speedster . She also lacks many parries, and although she can boost her damage output with certain cards, these cards are somewhat more tricky to activate. She is not recommended for beginners, as balancing her decks can be tricky, but when mastered, she can be a very annoying adversary. Also noteworthy is that the game developers have stated that Lili players are a tough match-up for her, as Lili basically feeds off of Xiaoyu's plentiful cards to activate her own card abilities.
Ling Xiaoyu uses various Chinese martial arts, which focuses on speed, evasion, and spins, flips, and backturned maneuvers to keep her opponent constantly guessing on what she'll do next. Although she lacks in damage, she has very good combo potential and is able to keep momentum and pressure on her opponents fairly easily thanks to her various flips and low attacks that are tricky to see coming. She's also known for her Phoenix stance that can avoid high attacks as well as mid attacks if she does butterfly while in this stance, which allows her to duck mid attacks, however there is a catch: It will not avoid true mid attacks, mid attacks that will hit the opponent on the ground regardless on whether they lay down or not.
Despite her lack of damage in some instances as well her range in some attacks, she stands as a pretty formidable opponent, and is very effective and often used in Tekken 7. While not the easiest character in the game to use, she's one of the more simplistic stance based characters in the game to utilize.
Ling Xiaoyu uses a mix of Chinese martial arts from Baguazhang to Piguaquan.
- Panda - Her best friend, bodyguard, and pet.
- Wang Jinrei - Her distant relative and teacher.
- Miharu Hirano - One of her best friends at Mishima High School and mutual friends with Jin Kazama as classmates.
- Jin Kazama - High school friend and former classmate. She receives an anonymous email warning her about the danger she is in, which was possibly be written by Jin. She also enters Tekken 6 tournament to stop Jin from committing evil, and in Tekken 7, she went to go find info on his disappearance. He is also her partner in Street Fighter X Tekken and Project X Zone.
- Emilie De Rochefort - Interrupted her battle with Asuka Kazama in Tekken 6 and later fellow classmate in the non-canonical Tekken the Pachislot 2nd.
- Asuka Kazama - Interrupted her battle with Lili in Tekken 6 and later fellow classmate in the non-canonical Tekken the Pachislot 2nd and Tekken the Pachislot 3rd. Apparently, Xiaoyu was unaware of Asuka's intentions in searching for Jin, seeing her as a possible love rival.
- Heihachi Mishima - Her now deceased tutor after she attacked and knocked out the entire security personnel of a Mishima Zaibatsu boat. In recognition of her extraordinary power and courage (and also amused by her attitude), Heihachi took her to Japan, where she started studying in the Mishima High School. He even trained a security guard (Panda) to protect her in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3. Xiaoyu also warned by Jin about Heihachi's evil intentions via an anonymous e-mail she received in Tekken 4, and warned her about Heihachi and Mishima Zaibatsu in interlude with him in Tekken 5.
- Yoshimitsu - She was saved by him from Heihachi's evil plans in Tekken 4.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Her best friend in Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Project X Zone (non-canon).
- Anna Williams - Her employer-turned--enemy later in Tekken: Blood Vengeance and rival in Tekken Card Challenge (non-canon).
- Nina Williams - Her opponent in Tekken Pachislot intro cutscene (non-canon). She seems jealous of Nina for being sticked with Jin, thinking that Jin may have choose her instead of Xiaoyu in misunderstanding, as seen in non-canonical Online Tekken Comic.
- Lee Chaolan - Her school math teacher in Kyoto International High School in Tekken: Blood Vengeance (non-canon).
- Shin Kamiya - She was sent to track him down in Tekken: Blood Vengeance (non-canon).
- Hwoarang - Acquaintance (as shown in Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign).
- Ganryu - Her PE teacher at the Mishima high school in Tekken: Blood Vengeance (non-canon).
- Jinpachi Mishima - She entered the fifth King of Iron Fist Tournament for his "prize money".
- Eddy Gordo - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge (non-canon).
- Lei Wulong - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge and acquaintance in Blood Vengeance (non-canon). She also has a special winning pose with him in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
- Kuma II - One of her bosses in Tekken 3's Tekken Force mode.
- Crow - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge (non-canon).
- Kazuya Mishima/Devil - Her employer in Tekken: Blood Vengeance (non-canon).
- Claudio Serafino - Her opponent in Tekken 7, who plans to use her as "bait" to lure in Jin.
- Miharu Hirano, Alisa Bosconovitch, and Jin Kazama call Xiaoyu "Xiao", which is a shorter version of her name (which shows they're friends).
- She shares some similarities with Jun Kazama in regards with their missions. Jun intended to stop Kazuya from evil in Tekken 2 and Xiaoyu entered Tekken 6 tournament to stop Jin.
- Despite being 18 in Tekken 4, Tekken 5, and Tekken 6, Xiaoyu is still portrayed as a high school student when by this age, she should have finished high school already; however, at this point she could be in her last year and close to finishing. Also, Xiaoyu is often designed with a more cute/baby face appearance in order to emphasize her good-natured innocence.
- Xiaoyu's name is written in Chinese as 凌暁雨/凌曉雨 (Líng Xiǎoyǔ), where in (凌 Líng) is the surname and (暁雨/曉雨 Xiǎoyǔ) is her given name. The Chinese characters for "surpass", "dawn", and "rain", respectively. "Ling" is actually her family name; "Xiaoyu" is her given name. This is witnessed in the English dub of Tekken: Blood Vengeance, where Ganryu pronounced her name as "Xiaoyu Ling". Also in Chinese culture the family name is given first and the given name is given second.
- Xiaoyu stands at 157 cm which is the shortest official measurement of any human female character in the Tekken series.
- Xiaoyu and Miharu's friendship does share a few similarities with May and April from Guilty Gear series.
- Xiaoyu was the first youngest fighter in the series to enter the tournament, being 16.
- However, when Lili was introduced in Dark Resurrection, she was also 16.
- Despite being Chinese, Xiaoyu speaks only in Japanese, even to her master and distant relative, Wang Jinrei, in an interlude in Tekken 5, due to her time spent in Japan.
- Xiaoyu's Tekken 3 and Tekken 5 endings are the only ones that use a mix of animation and CGI.
- Xiaoyu's Tekken 3 ending is shown playing in Roger Jr.'s Tekken 5 ending.
- There is a magazine with Xiaoyu on the cover in the prison from Death by Degrees. She also appears on the cover of various posters and a mousepad in the game.
- A Maxim model named Krystle starred as Xiaoyu in the Tekken photoshoot for the Maxim magazine.
- Ling Xiaoyu's bosses in the Tekken Force side game are (in order of appearance) Lei Wulong, Kuma II, Jin Kazama, and Heihachi Mishima.
- In her ending in Tekken 3, she was initially seen wearing her school uniform while confronting Heihachi to show her Dream Land which it becomes Heihachi Land. She is later seen wearing her primary outfit while beating Heihachi in a bloody pulp before calling him a jerk.
- Xiaoyu's school uniform can be used after playing as her 50 times. It is selected by pressing the triangle or start button. This also works with Jin Kazama.
- Xiaoyu's #1 win animation is disabled if she is in her school uniform. Her #1 animation is replaced with her #3 animation in-game, except during the Staff Roll in the arcade version.
- Xiaoyu's Stage 7 sub-boss is Heihachi Mishima.
- Xiaoyu's Stage 7 sub-boss is Wang Jinrei if she is partnered with Heihachi.
- After beating story mode with Xiaoyu, her alternate costume becomes available by pressing Triangle.
- Miharu Hirano was playable as an alternative costume of Xiaoyu by pressing Circle.
- In her prologue scene, Xiaoyu wears her player two outfit, but without her red and white sports jacket.
- Ling Xiaoyu's sub-boss is Jin Kazama.
- Xiaoyu can be customized to vaguely resemble Chun-Li from the Street Fighter series. This is a precursor to Chun-Li's old Street Fighter Alpha costume being her Costume Swap in Street Fighter x Tekken.
- Xiaoyu's school uniform can be chosen by pressing either the "L1" button or the "R1" button. Also, while wearing this costume, pressing and holding the "Square" and "Triangle" buttons at the same time after winning a fight will allow you to see her secret win animation (she places her hands on her hips and says, "I'm pretty strong, you know!"). In Dark Resurrection, this win animation can also be randomly shown.
- Ling Xiaoyu's "Item Move" feature is mounting onto of her opponent's shoulders and clawing at their face while wearing a pair of neko gloves, and she strikes a pose afterwards. The command for this move is "b+2+3". She also has another item move, where she uses a magic wand to cast a spell on her opponent. Once the projectile hits her opponent, her opponents head gets replaced by either the head of a panda or a pink bunny.
- The magic wand item move returns in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a shared item move. Only two differences are the wand renamed as "Wizard's Staff" and once it the projectile hits the opponent, the head will be replaced by a duck or a pig.
- In the new console/NOVO trailer for Bloodline Rebellion, Xiaoyu is shown standing in a subway train while holding a mobile phone. Here, she's wearing her school uniform.
- In the Tekken 6 "Power is Everything" trailer, she is also shown in the subway train holding a mobile phone. It is similar to Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion NOVO trailer mentioned above.
- In the Scenario Campaign mode, Xiaoyu is a boss at the Mishima Polytechnic stage, alongside Panda.
- While non-canon, this is the first time in which Xiaoyu becomes a protagonist.
- This is the first time Xiaoyu is seen letting her hair down after taking a bath in Lee's mansion.
- Xiaoyu's character is markedly different from her game counterpart. In games, she acts naïve, energetic, childish, but in this movie, she is serious.
- Also at the end of the movie, Xiaoyu said that she wants to enter the next Tekken tournament in order to build a huge amusement park and offers cooperation with Alisa, which completely contradicts the story of Tekken 6, where she enters the tournament to reason with Jin.
- Xiaoyu and Jin are the mid-boss characters for the Street Fighter characters.
- Jin and Xiaoyu's rivals are Chun-Li and Cammy.
- She is referred to as the "Dancing Phoenix".
- Xiaoyu's name is misspelled twice in her prologue as "Xiayou" and "Xiaoyou".
- Xiaoyu is a playable character along with Jin Kazama.
- Xiaoyu is down to help Jin, as in most of her games.
- During Chapter 16, Xiaoyu and Jin meet Batsu Ichimonji when facing against ghosts and ghouls minions on their travels. Xiaoyu mentions in their conversation that she met him at the school festival at Justice Academy as the latter recognizes her from Mishima Polytechnic.
- Xiaoyu also doesn't recognize Heihachi when she meets him due to his younger appearance.
- Batsu gives Xiaoyu an idea to hold a competition between their schools some day.
- Xiaoyu is partnered with Street Fighter's Chun-Li, as her previous partner, Jin Kazama, has now been partnered by his father, Kazuya Mishima.
- In contrast to their relationship in Street Fighter X Tekken, Xiaoyu and Chun-Li have a mutual respect towards each other.
- Xiaoyu enters the game to stop Jin from killing Kazuya.
- She has special tag throws with Jin, Wang, Heihachi, Panda, Sebastian, Alisa, Asuka, Lili, and Miharu.
- She has special win poses with Jin, Wang, Panda, Miharu, Alisa, Heihachi, Lei, Kuma, Alex, and Roger Jr.
- Her ending is the seventh and last scene of the interconnected endings between Asuka, Lili, Miharu, Kuma, Panda, and Alisa.
- In her ending, Miharu suggests that in 20 years Xiaoyu might be married to "that certain someone" (referring to Jin).
- This is the first game where she is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. 
- Xiaoyu is portrayed by Claudia Alan in the "Girl Power" trailer and Xuan Thanh Nguyen in the live-action short film.
- Xiaoyu can be customized to look like Lunamaria Hawke from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, who is also voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.
- Xiaoyu's new outfit seems to express a more grown side to her.
- Ling Xiaoyu was one of five characters nominated in G4's 2005 "Video Game Vixens" awards show under the category of "Baddest Good Girl", but lost to Final Fantasy X's Rikku.
- Shunya Yamashita designed the Su-34 "Alisa & Xiaoyu", a downloadable aircraft skin/variant in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. A modified version name the Su-34 -Alisa & Xiaoyu- later appeared in Ace Combat: Infinity.
- Xiaoyu's costume is included in the downloadable Tekken Costumes Pack in SoulCalibur V.
- Chiaki Kuriyama was rumored to portray Xiaoyu in the 2010 live-action film adaption of Tekken until the actress disconfirmed the rumors in an interview with Brian Ashcroft from Kotaku. 
- Xiaoyu's Shooting Star was used in the fan-made series Dead Fantasy by Final Fantasy character Rikku in the second episode.
- Ling Xiaoyu and Heihachi Mishima are unlockable characters in Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 along with Raphael Sorel and Cassandra Alexandra from Namco's Soul series.
- Xiaoyu's rivals in Tekken Card Challenge are Anna Williams, Lei Wulong and Eddy Gordo.
- Xiaoyu appears as a unlockable icon in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- Xiaoyu's costume is included in the downloadable "Catalog 16" in The Idolmaster SP.