Xiaoyu in Tekken 6
|Full Name||Ling Xiaoyu|
|Fighting Style||Hakke Sho, Hika Ken, and various Chinese martial arts|
|Family||Wang Jinrei (Grandfather)|
Jin Kazama (Friend/Crush)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 3|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Card Challenge
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Yumi Toma|
Ling Xiaoyu (Japanese: Rin Shiaoyu & Chinese: Ling Xiao-yu) is a fictional character who was introduced to the Tekken franchise in Tekken 3 as a 16 year old girl and has returned in every subsequent release. Xiaoyu's fighting style was brought on with some influence from her grandfather, Wang Jinrei.
Xiaoyu is a 16 year-old who loves amusement parks. Entering the Tournament is her first step in having the perfect amusement park built in China.
CUTE, SPIRITED, HAS PANDA... WILL TRAVEL. This young girl loves amusement and theme parks. Her dreamis to build the perfect amusement park in China when she grows up.
She is both young and small in stature but Ling is a skilled martial arts expert. Many believe if she was more serious she could achieve real greatness. Having learned that the Mishima Financial Empire is rich and powerful she seeks out Heihachi (president and CEO) to make her dream a reality.
While vacationing in Hong Kong with her family, Ling stowed away on a yacht bearing the name, Mishima Financial Empire. Heihachi was not on board but Mishima's men discovered her soon after the ship left port and Heihachi was informed immediately.
Upon his arrival, Heihachi found his men beaten and strewn around the ship as if it was hit by a hurricane. She threatened that she would go berserk again if he did not accept her challenge. Roaring with laughter, he promises to build the amusement park of her dreams if she wins the tournament.
Tekken 4Xiaoyu was a junior at Mishima High School. She still lived, studied and trained as a ward of the Mishima Zaibatsu. But lacking any particular goals, Xiaoyu grew tired of her everyday routines.
However, one day, she received an anonymous e-mail that warned her of Heihachi’s evil intentions and the danger to her life. Xiaoyu replied to the e-mail, but she did not receive any further messages from the anonymous individual.
Xiaoyu's intuition told her that Jin, who had been missing since the last Tournament, could have sent the message. She believed the message and started to suspect Heihachi and the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Upon hearing the announcement of the next Tournament, Xiaoyu made the decision to enter — hoping to be reunited with Jin and to unveil the truth behind Heihachi and the Mishima Zaibatsu.
Tekken 5 Manual VersionXiaoyu cried when she heard Heihachi had been killed. In her sorrow, she wished she could go back in time.One day, Xiaoyu met a self-proclaimed genius who boasted he could invent a time machine if only he had the money. To fund the invention, Xiaoyu decided to enter the tournament.
Official Version Ling is a high school student who is on a personal mission to save the Mishima family.
In the previous tournament, Ling was saved from the evil plans of Heihachi by Yoshimitsu, who taught her the history of the Mishima family. Hearing this, Ling began to believe that the root of all misfortune surrounding the Mishimas started with Heihachi's cruel upbringing of Kazuya.
When Ling heard of the death of Heihachi, a tear came to her eye. "If only I could turn back time..." Ling said with a hint of sadness and regret.
Later, Ling happens to meet a brilliant scientist who claims that he can make a time machine as long as he gets the funding for development.
Under the condition that she will be first to use the machine, Ling pulls out the wadded scrap of paper in her pocket... an invitation to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5.
Tekken 6Ling Xiaoyu breathed a sigh of relief when she heard Heihachi had not truly died. However, as head of the Mishima Zaibatsu, Jin Kazama aims to take Heihachi’s life. Xiaoyu was going to try and stop Jin herself, but the Zaibatsu pushed towards militarization, making it difficult to approach Jin.
The Mishima Zaibatsu’s declaration of war drew hostility from around the globe. When the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 is announced, Ling Xiaoyu enters in the hope that she can save Jin’s soul from evil.
Tekken Tag Tournament
Ling Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament, a non canonical Tekken game. She retains her moveset from Tekken 3 with a few more moves added. While not being a canonical to the series, it still represents a a refined version of Tekken 3. In this game, like Tekken 3, she continues to seek her dream of a world reknowned amusement park and is still slightly concerned for her classmate, Jin Kazama. She has two different endings.
Ending: She admires a beautiful evening sunset at the beach. She rides Panda towards the beach.
Alternate Ending: Mishima Polytech lets out for the day. She catches up to Jin whom is in solitude and his school bag over his shoulder, has he continues and she is walking backwards having conversation with him briefly. She then continues on her way saluting Jin goodbye, but looks forward in a worried slighty worried state.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Ling Xiaoyu will be featured as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, a non-canonical Tekken game. She is also featured in the second trailer teaming up with Lili against King. She is also only one of 4 characters to be featured in the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue. The others included are Alisa, Devil Jin and Devil.Ending Description: Xiaoyu, Alisa, Miharu and Panda are having a good time in amusement park. However the rain was suddenly falls. They're looking for shelter that they can take a rest in there. After they found it, they're speaking about 20 years later. And Miharu thinks that Xiaoyu will be married with someone. But Xiaoyu seems like doesn't appreciate that. After the rain stopped, a rainbow suddenly comes. The girls are happy again.
Ling Xiaoyu was shown in the opening of Tekken: The Motion Picture.
Ling Xiaoyu is the main character of Tekken Blood Vengeance. She forced by Anna Williams to spy on Shin Kamiya and she be-friends Alisa. Ling and Alisa found out that Shin has the M-cell and they both along with Jin and Kazuya follow him to Kyoto Castle. After Heihachi kills Shin, Xiaoyu tries to stop the fighting but fails.
After Alisa is badly damaged, Xiaoyu cries and Jin, now enraged transforms into his devil form and eventually defeats Kazuya. While Heihachi fights Devil Jin, Alisa sacrifices herself to distract Heihachi and Jin defeats him. Jin, seeing Xiaoyu's pain, reverses Alisa from standby mode and Xiaoyu thanks him. He tells Xiaoyu that he would be waiting for the day where she grew strong enough to defeat him and Xiaoyu happily watches him leave. In the credits, Alisa, Panda and Xiaoyu decide to enter the Tekken Tournament together.
Ling Xiaoyu is featured as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken. Her official tag partner is Jin Kazama, with both serving as the mid-boss team for the Street Fighter characters. Their rivals are M. Bison and Juri but their rival battle for Arcade Mode is against Chun-Li and Cammy.
Project X Zone
Xiaoyu is set to appear alongside Jin, Alisa and Heihachi in Project X Zone, a game being developed by Namco, Capcom, and Sega.
- Panda - Her best friend and bodyguard. In Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they feature tag team ups to show their alliances with another.
- Wang Jinrei - Grandfather and teacher.
- Miharu Hirano - One of her best friend at Mishima High School and mutual friends with Jin Kazama as classmates.
- Jin Kazama - Long-time friend and crush, former schoolmate. He is also her partner in Street Fighter X Tekken. In Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they feature tag team ups to show their alliances with another.
- Asuka Kazama - Interrupted her battle with Lili in Tekken 6 and later fellow classmate in Tekken the Pachislot 2nd. Their aquaintance has friction possibly due to differences of their intentions for Jin Kazama. Her first opponent in the Arena mode.
- Heihachi Mishima - Her tutor after she attacked and knocked out the entire security personel of a Mishima Zaibatsu boat. In recognition to her extraordinary power and courage (and also amuzed by her attitudes), Heihachi took her to Japan, where she started studying in the Mishima High School. He even trained a security guard to protect her in the King of Iron First Tournament 3. Ling also warned Jin about Heihachi's evil intentions via an anonymous e-mail she received in Tekken 4 and warned him about Heihachi's interlude with him in Tekken 5 & grandpa on Tekken 6. In Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they feature tag team ups to show their alliances with another.
- Yoshimitsu - She was saved by him from Heihachi's evil plans in Tekken 4.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Best friend and partner in Tekken: Blood Vengeance. In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they feature tag team ups to show their alliances with another.
- Anna Williams - Her employer then enemy in Tekken: Blood Vengeance and rival in Tekken Card Challenge.
- Lee Chaolan - Her school teacher in a high school she was forced to transfer to in Kyoto and friend in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Shin Kamiya - She was sent to track him down in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Hwoarang - Possible acqaiuntance.
- Ganryu - Her PE teacher at her high school in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Jinpachi Mishima - She entered the fifth King of Iron Fist Tournament for his "prize money".
- Eddy Gordo - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge.
- Lei Wulong - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge and acqaiuntance in Blood Vengeance.
- Kuma - One of her bosses in Tekken 3's Tekken Force mode due to Xiaoyu's disapproval of Kuma's love for her pet Panda.
- Crow - Her rival in Tekken Card Challenge.
- Jun Kazama - Has the similar role as her in Tekken 6, except with Jin Kazama. They share the same Chinese birth year of the Snake making them both tenacious. They are tenacious about stopping Jin's cursed blood.
- Kazuya Mishima - Her employer in Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Also her enemy because he tries to kill her best friend and crush, Jin.
- Xiaoyu is considered cute and childish among the other female characters in Tekken.
- Xiaoyu's Hakke Sho martial art is based on Neji Hyuga from Naruto. Who is also learn the same fighting style (Hakke Sho).
- Xiaoyu's name is written in Chinese as 凌 暁雨 (Ling Xiaoyu), using the Chinese characters for "surpass", "dawn", and "rain", respectively.
- Xiaoyu's Tekken 3 and Tekken 5 endings are the only ones that use a mix of animation and CGI.
- There is a magazine with Xiaoyu on the cover in the prison from Death by Degrees.
- A Maxim model named Krystle starred as Ling Xiaoyu in the Tekken Maxim Photoshoot for the Maxim magazine.
- Ling Xiaoyu is an unlockable character in Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 along with Raphael Sorel and Cassandra Alexandra from The Soul series.
- Ling Xiaoyu was one of five characters nominated in G4's 2005 "Video Game Vixens" awards show under the category of "Baddest Good Girl", but lost to Final Fantasy X's Rikku.
- Despite being Chinese, Xiaoyu speaks only in Japanese, even to her grandfather, Wang Jinrei, in an interlude in Tekken 5, hinting that she considers herself more Japanese than Chinese due to her time spent in Japan.
- "Ling" is actually her surname; "Xiaoyu" is her first name. This is witnessed in the English dub of Tekken: Blood Vengeance, where Ganryu pronounced her name as "Xiaoyu Ling".
- Xiaoyu is the shortest human female character in the Tekken series.
- Xiaoyu was the first youngest fighter in the series to enter the tournament, being 16.
- She was born and was raised in China, and is a student of the Mishima High School in Japan. She is also a classmate of Jin Kazama and Miharu Hirano.
- Xiaoyu's English voice actor in Street Fighter X Tekken, Carrie Savage, voices Satsuki Yumizuka in Tsukihime anime. Also, both Satsuki and Xiaoyu's hairstyles are twin tails.
- Ling Xiaoyu is actually a foreign exchange student despite speaking Japanese.
- Xiaoyu share similarities with Lei Fang from the Dead or Alive series, both are chinese students with cheerful personalities and share the same japanese voice actress, Yumi Tomas. Lei Fang's hair style in her Dead or Alive 3 ending looks similar to Xiaoyu's.
- Xiaoyu's Tekken 3 ending is shown in Roger Jr.'s Tekken 5 ending.
- Ling Xiaoyu's bosses in the Tekken Force side game are (in order of appearance) Lei Wulong, Kuma, Jin Kazama, and Heihachi Mishima.
- Xiaoyu's school uniform can be used after playing as her 50 times. It is selected by pressing the triangle or start button. This also works with Jin Kazama.
- Xiaoyu's #1 win animation is disabled if she is in her school uniform. Her #1 animation is replaced with her #3 animation in-game.
- Xiaoyu's Stage 7 sub-boss is Heihachi Mishima.
- In T4, after beating story mode with Xiaoyu, her alternate costume becomes available by pressing triangle.
- This is the first game where Xiaoyu fights with a dress.
- Ling Xiaoyu's sub-boss is Jin Kazama.
- Xiaoyu can be customised to look vaguely like Street Fighter's Chun Li.
- Xiaoyu's school uniform can be chosen by pressing either the "L1" button or the "R1" button. Also, while wearing this costume, pressing and holding the "Square" and "Triangle" buttons at the same time after winning a fight will allow you to see her secret win animation (she places her hands on her hips and says, "I'm pretty strong, you know!"). In Dark Resurrection, this win animation can also be randomly shown.
- Her Tekken 3 ending is shown in Roger Jr.'s Tekken 5 ending in Television set when Roger is watching it.
- When she Losses to Lee Chaolan and he uses this winpose ("You have to fight with more class" and rasing the Right Hand) She will be moving her head Left and Right.
- Ling Xiaoyu's "Item Move" feature in Tekken 6 is mounting her opponent's shoulders and clawing at their face while wearing a pair of neko gloves, and she strikes a pose afterwards. The command for this move is "b+2+3".
- In the new console / NOVO trailer for T6:BR, Xiaoyu is shown standing in a subway train while holding a mobile phone. Here, she's wearing her school uniform.
- In the TK6 "Power is Everything" trailer, she is shown in the subway train holding a mobile phone. It is similar to Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion NOVO trailer.
- In the Scenario Campaign mode of TK6, Xiaoyu is a boss at the Mishima Polytechnic stage.
- Xiaoyu can be customized to vaguely resemble Chun Li.
- Xiaoyu can be customized to look similar to Sailor Moon.
- She is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto (Japanese) and Carrie Keranen (English).
- This is the first time Xiaoyu speaks English. Since a Chinese dub is possible, Ling Xiaoyu can speak Chinese.
- This is Ling Xiaoyu's most mature depiction yet.
- Ling Xiaoyu appeared in this movie as 2nd protagonist.
- She appears to consider Alisa as her best friend, and does not want to fight her. This is shown in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Xiaoyu's english voice is changed to Carrie Savage for this game.
- Xiaoyu, along with Jin, are the mid-boss characters for the Street Fighter characters.
- While she is still portrayed as the childish, cute and energetic character as she usually is, she is much more concerned about Jin's well being insisting on fighting along side him.
- In the mid-boss cutscene against Jin and Xiaoyu, she displays a much darker side to her obsession over Jin declaring that "Jin belongs to me!" while going into her pandora state.
- She has a special tag throw with Jin, Wang, Heihachi, Panda and the three other school girls (Alisa, Asuka, Lili).
- Xiaoyu can be customized to look like Chun-Li from the Street Fighter Series.
See Xiaoyu's Gallery