Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Manji Clan (卍党) is a fictional group of ninjas in the Tekken universe.
A well known-publical group of Robin Hood-esque ninjas led by Yoshimitsu, who steals from the rich and gives to the poor and innocent around the world. Kunimitsu was once second in command, until she was expelled by Yoshimitsu when it was discovered that she was stealing from the clan's funds.
The sword wielded by Yoshimitsu in several installments is a sign of the current leader. When a new leader in the clan is elected, the former leader is sacrificed by use of the sword, which then transfers its power to its new wielder. It was later discovered that the sword was cursed, and that the only way for it to retain its power was to regularly slay villains.
The clan has had several clashes with other characters of Tekken, such as the Mishima Zaibatsu, Ganryu and most notably Bryan Fury, who single handedly almost terminated the entire clan. The members who are still alive after Bryan's attack are seen in Yoshimitsu's Tekken 6 story mode prologue.
- Yoshimitsu - Leader of the Manji Clan.
- Kunimitsu - Former member, unknown whether she was killed by Yoshimitsu.
- Led by Yoshimitsu.
- Defeated and robbed Ganryu of his ill-gotten money in Tekken.
- They gave the money Yoshimitsu robbed from Ganryu to Law's poor family in his (Yoshimitsu) Tekken ending.
- Robbed the Mishima Zaibatsu vault to help the starving people of the world in Tekken 4.
- Saved Ling Xiaoyu from Heihachi Mishima's evil plans in Tekken 4.
- Several members were slaughtered by Bryan Fury after his awakening.
- The sword's behavior is quite close to what is told in Japanese legends about the blades forged by infamous Japanese swordsmith, Sengo Muramasa; that once drawn a blade forged by Muramasa has been drawn, it must draw blood before it can be returned to its scabbard, even if it has to be its owner's.
- Yoshimitsu and Kunimitsu are the only playable characters from the clan to have been introduced to the series.
- The clan symbol is the Swastika (originating from Hinduism), called manji in Japanese, which is also one of the most recurring characters in Buddhism. Facing left (卍) it represents love and mercy, while facing right (卐) it represents strength and intelligence.
- The Manji clan members appear in Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign Mode, where they appear as enemies in certain levels, mostly on Kigan Island (which makes sense, as Yoshimitsu is the boss fought in this level), their fighting stance is Yoshimitsu's old fighting stance and they use most of the same moves as he does, except they don't have swords or weapons of any kind. The mask they wear can be customized and equipped for Yoshimitsu.
- Yoshimitsu mentions in Street Fighter X Tekken that there is an animal division within the Manji Clan; although, it is highly likely that this is just a joke.