The Mishima Family (三島一族 Mishima Ichizoku) is one of the most important families in the Tekken series.
All the main protagonists and antagonists are from this family and they have the most rivalries between themselves and with other fighters outside the family. There is a curse within their blood that causes them to turn against each other when they are joining forces, but some of them who really wants a very peaceful desire manage to break free from the accursed feuds.
Some members of this family are also known for having the Devil Gene which is actually originating from Hachijo Clan's bloodline, while some of them want to end the Mishima Bloodline due to the Hachijo put every entire events in the presents into chaos.
The upcoming Tekken 7 will, story-wise, serve as the conclusion of the "Mishima clan saga" and answer (amongst other Tekken mysteries) many questions regarding the family. However, as of the story progress where Heihachi is finally being killed, the clan's saga still continue.
List of fighters
The Mishimas contain the three main fighters in the series:
- Heihachi Mishima - Deceased as of Tekken 7
- Kazuya Mishima
- Jin Kazama - (took his mother's legal surname due to being an illegitimate child).
and their relatives:
- Jinpachi Mishima - Deceased as of Tekken 5
- Kazumi Mishima
- Lars Alexandersson - (illegitimate son of Heihachi).
- Lee Chaolan - (Heihachi's adoptive son).
Links to the Family
- Jun Kazama - Jin's mother.
- Asuka Kazama - A relative of Jun and Jin.
- Kuma - Heihachi's pet bodyguard.
- According to Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada, Kazuya was not the first Mishima family member to make contact with the devil, and that both Kazuya and Jin believe it started with Jinpachi but only Heihachi really knows who it was. Harada also pointed out that neither Jinpachi, Heihachi nor Lars possess the Devil Gene. This may hint towards Kazumi Mishima being the first to have and start the Devil Gene bloodline. It would also explain the reason why Jinpachi, Heihachi and Lars do not possess it yet both Kazuya and Jin do.
- Tekken: the dark history of mishima is an episodic novel that was written by Takashi Yano, that delves into the dark history of the Mishima bloodline which dates back the to the Sengoku Period in Japan.
- It is interesting to note that each of the members with direct lineage to the Mishima family have the ability to run an electric current through their hands. This is largely apparent when they are performing certain moves such as Rising Uppercut. There are also color variations between members such as blue for Kazuya, red for Jin, yellow/light blue for Heihachi, black/purple for Jinpachi, and purple for Lars.
- It is currently speculated that Tekken 7 newcomer Claudio Serafino is possibly related or connected to the Mishima Family in some way because of the tattoo on his right arm (which is covered by bandages) and because the way his purification sorcery works is similar to the Devil Gene.