Signature moves of this fighting style include "Rising Uppercut", "Dragon Uppercut", "Tsunami Kick", "Flash Punch Combo", "Demon Slayer", "Spinning Demon", and "Demon Scissors". They also all share a 10 Hit Combo (f,f,N,2,1,2,2,3,4,4,1,2,1), although Heihachi Mishima did not obtain this 10 Hit Combo until Tekken 3.
While the style itself does not migrate outside the Mishima family, there have been instances in the older games, most notably the first Tekken game, where other characters would have the same moves, such as Armor King who was able to use moves similar in animation, properties, and damage as the Dragon Uppercut and Rising Uppercut.
As the series progressed, the moves became more and more dissimilar among the practitioners, e.g. Heihachi performing the Flash Punch Combo in one way, but Kazuya doing it in another way, when initially, the two characters had executed the moves exactly the same. Also, the fighting style branched out more with each character gaining even more moves that were uniquely their own, effectivively creating different variations of the same fighting style.
Real-Life inspirations Edit
Despite Mishima Style Fighting Karate being a fictional martial art, its influences do originate from real martial arts. Furthermore, it is curious to note that all of Mishima clan members specify the different styles of Karate.
- Heihachi's style is heavily influenced by Goju-Ryu and Shorin-Ryu.
- Kazuya (and therefore Devil) embodies Shotokan.
- Jin (in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament only), and later his Devil form, depicts the art of Shito-Ryu.
See also: Karate.
- Devil - Stated as "unknown" in Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament, he fights using Kazuya's moveset combined with supernatural powers.
- Angel - Stated as "unknown" in Tekken 2, Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, she fights using a variation of Kazuya's moveset combined with supernatural powers.
- Jinpachi Mishima - Even though his fighting style is officialy stated as "unknown", Jinpachi fights using moves of the Mishima Karate style (in Tekken 5, it is mixed with demonic powers).
- Mokujin - Through mimicry.
- Tetsujin - Through mimicry.
- Combot - Tekken 4 only; through mimicry.
- Unknown - Tekken Tag Tournament only; through mimicry.
- Kinjin - Through mimicry.