Nina in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Nina Williams|
|Fighting Style||Koppo (Bone Martial Arts) and Aikido (T2) |
22 (phys) / 41 (Chron) (T3)
24 (phys) / 43 (Chron) (T4, T5/T5:DR)
25 (phy) / 44 (Chron) (T6/T6:BR)
|Family||Richard Williams (Father)|
Heather Williams (Mother)
Anna Williams (Sister)
Steve Fox (Son)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Street Fighter X Tekken
|Voice Actors||Ellie McBride|
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
Nina Williams is a cold-blooded assassin that made her first appearance in the original Tekken game and has appeared in every Tekken ever since. Nina has a lethal fighting style, consisting of throws, grapples, and holds. She has a rivalry with her younger sister, Anna Williams. During the end of Tekken 2, Nina and Anna undergo Cryogenic Sleep. They are experimented upon for 15 years (this is the reason why they both remain so young for many years of the tournaments). Before those years of Cryogenic sleep, she was impregnated without her consent and subsequently gave birth to Steve Fox (who first appears in Tekken 4 and onwards).
Nina also stars in her own action/strategy game, Death by Degrees. It was released in Japan in January 2005, North America in February 2005, and Europe in April 2005. The game received mixed reviews by critics, but found more acceptance among fans of the Tekken series.
Nina persona seems to be cold and indifferent. In fact, she had been drugged by an underground force when she was young in order to create the perfect assassin, regarding the chronology of Death by Degrees. Her bitterness towards men could be a result of her defilation after Tekken 2. The only man she had ever trusted was her father, who had died shortly before Tekken 2. Ironically, after her father's death, Nina was controlled by Ogre. Thus, she was unable to feel any emotion. Nina's personality remains monotonous yet sadistic when it comes to teasing Anna. Nina's win poses range from tomboyish and masculine to flirtatious, usually by placing a foot on top of the opponents body or showing off her body figure. Although she is an assassin, most of her missions are inclined for the good of the world, though she also assisted Jin when he started a world war.
Appearance and Outfits
Nina is notable for her long blonde hair and crystal-blue eyes. Her look contrasts from that of her sister, Anna, who is a brunette.
Nina's signature color is purple, as she has at least one purple outfit per game. Her trademark costume is the "catsuit", as she has worn many different designs of catsuit in both Tekken and Death By Degrees, which are made of materials resembling spandex, PVC and leather. She wears her hair tied into a ponytail or a braid. Her skin is ivory-colored and she has an hourglass shape. Nina almost always wears lipstick, from violet (DbD) to red (T1, T2) to bronze (T3) to peach (TTT, T4, T5, T6).
Ever since her debut, Nina instantly became a fan favorite, due to her speed, lethal moves, and chain throws. Her strength is on par with most characters, and she can even evade and counterattack. Her combos are something to watch out too, as they are elaborate, strong, and even lethal. However, her chain throws are difficult to perform that it requires precision and patience.
A silent assassin. She learned assassination techniques from her father and those of aikido for self protection from her mother, therefore she has an outstanding fighting sense. She was sent to assassinate Heihachi Mishima, the sponsor of the tournament, but her real intentions are not clear. Version 2 Nina acquired her unusual combination of skills from her parents. Her father, once an assassin for the IRA, left Ireland to escape his past. His marriage to a British Aikido champion created a bloodline that would spawn a child with incredible talent and a killer instinct. Nina was kidnapped by an underground force and drugged into believing that the Rave War sponsor must be assassinated. God help anyone who gets in her way.
Ending: Anna opens a door. A few seconds later, there is a closeup of her feet. She is wearing a shoe on her right foot, but she doesn't have a shoe on her left foot. Anna points at her right foot, and then she looks at Nina. Nina shrugs. Anna walks up to Nina and starts shouting at her. Nina gives her a disgusted look and slaps her. Anna turns around, cries, and puts her hands over her face. A few seconds later, Nina holds up Anna's missing shoe, revealing that Nina had the shoe all along.
A master of Aikido and Koppo techniques, she is an assassin for the people of Ireland. Although Nina's mission is to assassinate Kazuya Mishima, her personal agenda is to finally settle the long battle with her sister, Anna.
Ending: Nina walks up to her father's grave and puts flowers on it. The camera zooms away from Nina for a second, and then the camera zooms in on Nina, meaning that someone is walking towards her. After a while, Nina turns around and pulls out a gun. Anna is shown as being the person that was behind her. She is holding flowers. Nina stares at her. Anna shakes her head. Nina turns her head and looks at her father's grave. Nina turns her head back towards Anna's direction. Nina decides to walk away from the place. Anna proceeds to visit her father's grave. Nina is shown smiling as the screen fades to white.
After failing to assassinate Kazuya Mishima in the last Tournament, Nina was forced to become a test subject for cryogenic research. Reawakened by Ogre's powers, she is determined to eliminate Jin Kazama. Version 2 In the last tournament Nina was ordered to assassinate Kazuya, but an untimely quarrel with her sister, Anna, prevented it. Shortly thereafter, both sisters were captured by Kazuya's corps and were used as guinea pigs in Boskonovitch's Cold Sleep #2 experiment. They did not wake up for 15 years. Heihachi's private corps, the Tekken Forces, went to the burial site and excavated Ogre. This unearthing unleashed its spirit, which awakened Nina's resting soul. Now controlled by Ogre, Nina acts robotically, with the command to assassinate Jin Kazama....but Jin Kazama saved her. Ending: Nina is laying down in some kind of machine as work goes underway to restore her memories. The scene changes, and Anna and Nina walk into a small cemetery where snow has fallen. Anna, who is holding flowers, leads Nina to a grave (which is probably the grave of Richard Williams) and places the flowers by that grave. There is flash and Nina begins groaning in pain. Anna goes to see what is wrong, but Nina slaps Anna in the face so hard that she falls to the ground. Nina furiously walks away, leaving Anna on the ground, smiling.
After the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2, the Mishima Zaibatsu used Nina as an experimental test subject for cryogenics research. Fifteen years later, Nina was released from cryosleep and appeared in the third Tournament. She fought through the Tournament while suffering from cryosleep-induced amnesia.
Since then, Nina disappeared from the reaches of the Mishima Zaibatsu and spent her days carrying out missions as a contract assassin. To this day, she has been unable to regain memories of Anna or her personal life.
As a woman without memories or close relations, the only person Nina could count on was herself. Carrying out her hits for profit was the only reality she could rely on.
One day, Nina received a new contract from a Mafia organization. The target of the contract was Steve Fox, a boxing world champion. With a little research, Nina discovered that Fox was a participant in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4. Nina set her sights on completing her new mission and infiltrated the Tournament.
After the Tournament, Nina pursued her target, Steve Fox, to his hotel in order to complete her objective.
While preparing for the hit, Nina received additional information on the target from the Syndicate...
End of the text
The Syndicate's additional information revealed that Nina was in fact Steve's mother, who was created through in-vitro fertilization without Nina's knowledge. Nina is ready to assassinate Steve (via sniper rifle), but finds it very difficult for her to pull the trigger as she feels guilty of murdering her only child. Lei Wulong busts open her door, yelling "Freeze!" Nina does not adhere and fires two shots at Lei (which he dodges). She quickly escapes through the window and runs across the street to where Steve is. The two share a moment together, until it is interrupted by Lei. Lei fires two shots at Nina, but Steve protects her by knocking her over. Nina gets up and runs, thanking Steve for his help, but is still pursued by Lei as Steve watches.
Nina Williams a assassin with no memories of her past.
The Syndicate told Nina that Steve Fox was her son, but she felt nothing.
Instead she decided to meet her sister Anna to uncover her past, but soon Nina's memories rushed back to her.
In the end they decide to set a rivalry in the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 5
After being inspired by their sibling battle, a movie director insists on starring them in an upcoming film.
End of the text.
Nina and Anna are shown fighting with swords on a castle's rooftop. In the end, Anna is victorious, and Nina falls to the ground. The director yells "Cut!", and then people congratulate and applaud Anna. Nina walks away from the scene while they do this. As she walks away from the castle, Nina presses a button on a remote control in her hand, and the castle set behind her explodes. Then, Nina is shown smiling.
At the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 5, Nina Williams has finally settled the score by defeating her younger sister, Anna Williams.
Shortly after her mission was complete, Jin Kazama recruited Nina to be his bodyguard and assist his Tekken Force in taking over the world. With strong tension between the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation, the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 6 was announced.
In order to remove any threats to the life of Jin Kazama, Nina enters the tournament.
Nina is in a bathroom located inside a fancy hotel. She is applying her lipstick when all of a sudden, Anna bursts in. She attempts to kick Nina, but Nina dodges resulting in Anna breaking a mirror. A fight between them is heard, but unseen and the force of the blows are enough to shatter another mirror just outside the bathroom. Nina emerges from the bathroom afterwards and walks away. We then see that she has rendered her sister semi-unconscious and childishly drew all over Anna's face with her lipstick.
Tekken Tag Tournament
Nina is a playable character in the non-canonical Tekken Game. She retains her moveset from Tekken 3 along with a few additions.
Whle Tekken Tag Tournament is non-canonical, it is still a looked at as a refined version of Tekken 3. In Tekken 3, the sister's continue their rivalry. Her ending is with her sister, Anna, putting her hand out for a truce in their quarrel. Anna reluctantly puts out her hand just to have Nina pull her into her standing armbar. Nina gives a look and smile of reluctance at their sibling rivalry as she holds her sister in the submission.
- Anna Williams
Death by Degrees
In 2005, Nina starred in her own spinoff game, Death by Degrees.
In Death by Degrees, Nina is assigned a mission that is a joint operation between the CIA and MI6. The team that she's with consists of two "sneakers" (John Doe and Edgar Grant) and one "sweeper" (Nina). They are supposed to infiltrate the Amphitrite, a Glafeera corporation cruise ship. Then, they are supposed to execute a video recon of a meeting held by high-ranking members of a certain organization. Nina is assigned to enter the fighting tournament that is being held onboard the ship, and then she is supposed to hide herself and await further orders. Upon mission completion, they are supposed to rendezvous and make their exit.
The game provided an alternate backstory for Nina and Anna with a flashback, suggesting that their father died when they were children protecting them. Richard Williams had struggled with some guards, and shouted for Nina to pick up a gun one of them had dropped. However, her hesitation and fear caused the guards to get the upper hand and shoot Richard. Anna is shown comforting Nina moments later, while Nina looks over the scene. Presumably, Nina and Anna's rivalry stems from this event.
This rivalry crosses over to the real-time events of the game, when Nina is sent to investigate a mysterious group. At an Island prison, she fails to interrogate her target when she is knocked out by Anna, who is working on behalf of the Mishima clan with the Tekken Force as bodyguards, as she owes Heihachi for her sister's operation. At the end of the game, Anna is the final boss Nina must face.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Nina is a playable character in the non-canonical Tekken Game. She retains her moveset from Tekken 6 along with a few additions and a network of alliances.
- Anna Williams
- Jin Kazama
Tekken: The Motion Picture
Nina Williams is featured in Tekken: The Motion Picture. She was hired and seduced by Lee Chaolan to assassinate Kazuya Mishima. She failed both times, as Kazuya managed to escape the first time and was saved by Jun Kazama the second time. During the Tournament, Nina is fighting Anna Williams, until Anna gets beaten. For a while, it's a mystery whether or not she survived but as the island starts to explode, we can see the other survivors, including an injured Nina.
Tekken Blood Vengeance
Tekken: Blood Vengeance Nina appears into the 2011 CGI film, Tekken: Blood Vengeance, which takes place after Tekken 5 and before Tekken 6. Like in the sixth game, she's the most-trusted bodyguard and close friend of Jin Kazama, and working for the Mishima Zaibatsu. Also like Jin and the Zaibatsu, she's opposing G Corporation. She's the first character to appear in the film, riding her motorcycle on a highway. Afterwards, she's ambushed by G Corporation employee and her younger sister, Anna Williams, who has set up a decoy for her. After a family reunion, Nina easily defeats Anna in a short battle, and quickly returns back to Jin after quickly escaping from soldiers from G Corporation (Anna's backup). Upon returning to the Mishima Zaibatsu, she shows Jin old files and newspaper articles of the Mutare Experiment (the M-Cell), which was performed on Jin's old school friend, Shin Kamiya. Upon learning about this, Jin then sends Nina to Russia where she would activate Alisa Bosconovitch, who she would then send to an international school in Kyoto, Japan to act as a spy to get info about Shin.
Nina later on appears halfway through the film, where she informs Jin that Alisa is ignoring their orders and doing her own investigation (with Ling Xiaoyu). Realizing that G Corporation will track Alisa down, Nina turns Alisa's network offline. Afterwards, Jin sends her to Kyoto to go after Alisa. On her way to the android girl's location at Lee Chaolan's mansion, Nina recieves a radio message that G Corporation soldiers led by Anna are after Alisa, too. After noticing her sister's presence, she decides to help Alisa and Xiaoyu escape by turning Alisa's network back online. After the two girls escape the mansion just in time, Nina arrives to welcome Anna once again.
Later, it's revealed that there was another fight between the two sisters at the mansion. Nina falls unconscious after Anna wakes up. Anna then attempts to capture Nina, amusing Lee Chaolan. This attempt leads to an unknown outcome. Nina most likely escaped.
- Richard Williams - Her father.
- Heather Williams - Her mother.
- Anna Williams - Her younger sister & rival.
- Steve Fox - Her son.
- Jin Kazama - Nina is Jin's trusted bodyguard in Tekken 6 and Blood Vengeance.
- Kazuya Mishima - Her assassination target in Tekken 2 and partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Heihachi Mishima - Her assassination target in Tekken.
- Lei Wulong - Tried to arrest Nina in Tekken 4.
- Eddy Gordo - Her comrade and friend in the Tekken Force in Tekken 6.
- Doctor Boskonovitch - She became his test subject for his Cryosleep research.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Nina is Alisa's commander in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Lars Alexandersson - Her rival in Tekken 6.
- Raven - Her rival in Tekken 5.
- Ogre - Nina was hypnotized and brainwashed by him into killing Jin in Tekken 3.
- Azazel - Her enemy in Tekken 6.
- Sergei Dragunov - Nina is Dragunov's second opponent in Tekken 6's Arena Mode.
- Despite being Irish, Nina speaks with a distinctly American accent in Tekken 5 and Tekken 6.
- Nina is the only character in the Tekken series to get her own game: Death by Degrees.
- In The Tekken Chronicle Book, Nina's hair color is brown instead of blonde. but her occupation is a boxer instead of an assassin.
- Like Paul Phoenix, Yoshimitsu, and Heihachi Mishima, Nina has been playable in every Tekken game and is the only female character to have kept that record.
- Her name could be a reference to Tina Williams. a character from Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, the fifth movie from the Halloween Series.
- Her first name is a reference to Bridget Fonda's role in the 1993 film called Point of No Return (AKA The Asssasin outside U.S.).
- Nina has a purple outfit for her Player One in every game (except in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, where her outfit from Tekken 5 changes to white, but her Player 2 changes to purple).
- Nina is also an acronym for "No Irish Need Apply", a phrase that was sometimes found in employment ads, due to Anti-Irish sentiment. Ironically, Nina herself is Irish, but doesn't have an Irish accent.
- Nina's title in Street Fighter X Tekken is "Cold Blooded Killer" and her tag partner is Kazuya Mishima.
- Nina is the second eldest female human character, at 43. Only Jun Kazama is older than her by one year.
- It is very likely that Jill Valentine's appareance in Resident Evil 5 was based off of Nina's. Both of them were possesses pale skin, blue eyes, similar clothing and even blonde hair. Coincidentally, both characters have been put in cryo sleep for several years.
- In Tekken 6, Nina can be customized to have her outfits from Death by Degrees. She can also be customized to look like Rachel from the Ninja Gaiden series, T-X from Terminator 3, and Black Cat from Spider-Man.
- Anna is Nina's stage 8 sub-boss.
- This is the only game where Nina fights barefoot (other than Tekken 6, where she can be customized to fight barefoot).
- According to the T1 FAQ, she is British.
- Nina is Anna's stage 8 sub-boss.
- Nina's stage is Athens, Greece.
Tekken: The Motion Picture
- Nina was hired by Lee Chaolan to kill Kazuya Mishima.
- Nina thought Lee loved her until Anna addressed that she was in a relationship with him before her and Lee's individual deaths.
- Nina Williams' bosses in the Tekken Force side game are (in order of appearance): Jin Kazama, Anna Williams, and Heihachi Mishima.
- She can do King's moves if a glitch occurs ().
- If Nina slaps any female character, the opponent may retaliate with by slapping Nina (done by pressing 2 or 2,2. Technically speaking, this can loop forever, as Nina herself can also retaliate the slap, but only if both characters only slaps once per turn.
- The FMV intro shows Nina being awaken from the cryosleep.
- Nina's rivals are Anna Williams, Hwoarang, and Jin Kazama.
Tekken Tag Tournament
- Nina's Stage 7 sub-boss is Anna Williams.
- If Anna and Nina are teamed up though, her sub-boss is Kazuya Mishima or Jin Kazama if (Nina and Anna) while Anna's sub-boss is Heihachi Mishima.
- If you pair Nina and Anna you will always find them arguing in the game.
- Nina is selectable after beating the game three times or as soon as you complete Story Mode with Steve Fox. also it unlocks the Statue stage.
- Nina's ending is connected to Lei and Steve's endings.
- During her ending, after Lei kicks in the door, the sniper rifle Nina was holding is nowhere to be seen and she now wields a handgun instead, but in Lei's ending, the sniper rifle is leaning up against the wall.
- This is the only game where Nina is locked by default.
- The costume Nina wears in her ending is the same as her second costume, except it's dark blue instead of pink.
Death by Degrees
- Nina is voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.
- Nina's bosses are Bryce Adams, Lana Lei, Enrique Ortega, and Anna Williams.
Tekken 5 & Dark Resurrection
- Nina's sub-bosses are Raven and Anna Williams.
- One of Nina's moves, Sadistic Cupid (f,F+2), causes an opponent to use their K.O scream.
- If Nina performs certain moves on Bryan Fury, he will do a sadistic laugh. The moves are: Bad Habit (CH f,f+3) and Twisted Mind (d+3+4 opponent on floor).
- Nina gained a new win pose in which she turns over her opponent, who is lying on the floor, with her foot. Then when the camera focuses on her face, she grimaces.
- If Nina preforms Reverse Neck Breaker on her opponent, the last grunt of the opponent is the same grunt as in Nina's win animation when she treads on the opponents back.
- The music in her and Anna's endings feature the first few notes of Raphael Sorel's theme "Endless Warfare" from Soul Calibur III.
Tekken 6 & Bloodline Rebellion
- Nina can be customized to have an item move: a scalpel, in which she uppercuts the opponent, similar to Bryan Fury's shotgun item.
- In the second Bloodline Rebellion trailer and the game opening, Nina is shown serving as one of Jin's bodyguards. She appears to be dressed in all black with a trenchcoat, gloves, sunglasses, and she also has her hair down for the first time in any game.
- She Can be customized as T-X from Terminator 3, her wrestling outfit from DBD, Zero Suit Samus from Metro Gear, and Rachel from Ninja Gaiden.
- Nina and Anna switch their special items from Tekken 5 and Dark Resurrection. Anna has Nina's Giant Syringe in and Nina has Anna's Stethoscope.
- Nina is on the cover of the console version of Tekken 6 along with Kazuya Mishima, Jin Kazama, Heihachi Mishima, and King II.
- In the Bloodline Rebellion Gamescom trailer ([]) and Anna's BR ending, there is a very brief clip of Nina behind Anna in clothes similar to her Death by Degrees cocktail dress outfit. The two weren't fighting, which is strange for the Williams sisters.
- In Jin Kazama's ending, Nina is seen falling motionless out of a helicopter and then Heihachi Mishima appears. A lot of speculation says that she has been killed by Heihachi, but others believe that she was just knocked out or that this ending is non-canon because Nina is alive and well in her own, Anna's, and Scenario Campaign's ending []
- Nina is quite an important character in Scenario Campaign, appearing with Jin in cutscenes and as a boss. In the end, along with Azazel, Jin is destroyed and falls down a large pit. Lars and Nina witness this, and at 05:23 Nina tells Lars that she knew about Jin's plot and states that Lars is no saint himself. Nina then leaves on a helicopter owned by the Mishima Zaibatsu. This maybe or not speculate that she is the new leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu. []
- Nina's opponents in the "Arena" mode are Lars Alexandersson, Anna Williams, Kazuya Mishima (instead of Jin Kazama who is usually fought), and Azazel.
- Nina is the only female character who is frowning in her CG art. Every other female is smiling.
- Nina (or a parody of Nina, as seen in Tekken 2) appears as an unnamed character in an unnamed arcade game in the 92nd episode of the anime, Eyeshield 21.
- Nina is played by Candice Hilebrand in the Tekken film.
See Nina's Gallery