A Rage Drive is a type of move introduced in Tekken 7: Fated Retribution. Rage Drives are powered up versions of regular attacks that can only be used while in Rage status. Rage Drives often give fighters new combo opportunities or extend their existing combos. As with Rage Arts, using a Rage Drive will take away the character's Rage status. They are similar to EX Specials in the Street Fighter series.
Characters are given a blue aura while executing Rage Drives.
List of Rage Drives in Tekken 7
- Alisa Bosconovitch- Performs a flying two hit spinning kick aided by her jet engines. Puts the opponent in a screw state. It is possible to use a normal screw move before or after the move. It is a powered up version of her Jumper Switch move.
- Anna Williams- Thrusts her hand directly at the opponent and follows up with an overhead kick. Puts airborne opponents in a special downed state if it connects.
- Asuka Kazama- Performs a running overhead punch. Puts standing opponents into a special airborne state and puts airborne or downed opponents into a special downed state if it connects. Is a powered up version of her Burning Lantern move.
- Bryan Fury- Bryan slams his left elbow over the opponents head, bouncing them off the ground and high into the air. Puts standing opponents into a special airborne state and puts airborne or downed opponents into a special downed state if it connects. Is an alternate version of Bryan's Chopping Elbow move.
- Claudio Serafino- Allows Claudio to cancel his Shining Ray move - a fast kick and punch combo, letting him juggle his opponent after it connects.
- Devil Jin- Follows up a Spinning Demon with a flying kick to the face, putting the opponent in a bound state.
- Eddy Gordo- Kicks the opponent in the head and follows up with a spinning back kick, putting the opponent in a screw state and Eddy in his Relaxed Stance.
- Emilie De Rochefort- Somersaults onto the opponent then follows up with a fast spinning back kick. Puts the opponent in a screw state even if they have been screwed earlier in the combo, or save the screw after the rage drive. Is a follow up from Lilli's Backflip move.
- Feng Wei- Performs a fast shoulder charge that can carry the opponent to the wall. Is an powered up version of his Iron Fortress move.
- Gigas- A powered up version of Gigas' Goliath Stance in which he charges towards the opponent. If Gigas' opponent is standing they will stagger when he initiates this move, giving Gigas a free "50/50" to use his unblockable high (that can be ducked), his wall-splatting mid (that can be blocked) or a jumping body press for grounded opponents.
- Heihachi Mishima- Headbutts the opponent, putting them in a bound state if they are standing or a special downed state if they are airborne or downed. This Rage Drive is a follow up attack from Heihachi's Rashomon move.
- Hwoarang- A three hit kick combo that can be cancelled at any point. His second rage drive is based on Ogre's Twin Hell Axle which puts the opponent in a screw state.
- Jack-7- Sweeps the opponent off their feet with a low attack and follows up with a punch that knocks them away. Is a follow up from Jack's Debugger move. Can carry the opponent to the wall.
- Jin Kazama- A four hit combo that consists of a Right Roundhouse Punch followed by a Thrusting Uppercut. He has an option to cancel to either Crouch Dash or continue toward Leaping Side Kick then a Corpse Thrust.
- Josie Rizal- A running knee to the opponents face that launches them. Is a powered up version of Bruce Irvin's Dteh Kao Pa Jong move.
- Katarina Alves- Performs an overhead slap to her opponent, jumps high into the air and elbow drops onto them. Is a powered up version of her Alula Slice move.
- Kazumi Mishima/ Devil Kazumi- Gut punches her opponent then sends her tiger to launch them into the air. If used on an opponent who is stunned on the wall, the tiger can cause a hard wall stun.
- Kazuya Mishima- Demon uppercuts the opponent into the air while transforming into Devil Kazuya and slamming them into the ground. Looks identical to Devil Jin's Heaven's Door move.
- King- Slams his fists over the opponents head, smashing them into the ground. Puts standing opponents into a special airborne state and puts airborne or downed opponents into a special downed state if it connects. Is a powered up version of King's Black Bomb move.
- Kuma- Uppercuts the opponent so high into the air that they land on the opposite side of the screen. Launches grounded opponents, and can be used to allow full combos from Double Bear Claw. Kuma shares this Rage Drive with Panda.
- Lars Alexandersson- Allows Lars to cancel a punch in his Silent Entry stance, extending a juggle if it connects with an airborne opponent. If blocked, it is possible to transition to Zeus. The move is a powered up version of his Lightning Thrust move.
- Lee Chaolan / Violet- Performs a spinning roundhouse kick that puts the opponent in a screw state, and a standard screw move can be used before or after the move. Also, the opponent becomes closer if hit low enough in an aerial combo. Press forward to cancel to Mist Step.
- Leo Kliesen- Performs a fast straight right punch. It can carry the opponent to the wall. It's a powered up version of Shang Bu Zhuang Quan move. If the player presses 1+2 after this move is executed Leo will perform a Ki Charge.
- Lei Wulong- Has multiple rage drives depending on the stance he is in.
- Lei's first rage drive has him perform an overhead punch which puts the opponent in a screw state.
- His second rage drive has him jump in the air while kicking the opponent, launching them upwards.
- His third rage drive has him perform a double hand thrust launching the opponent away.
- His fourth rage drive has him perform an overhead chop.
- His fifth rage drive has him hit the opponent with the back of his hands with a bowl-shaped stance.
- Ling Xiaoyu- Follows up a fast low kick with a fast spinning jump kick. Launches the opponent and puts them in a screw state. Is a follow up from Xiaoyu's Back Circle Breaker move. Can be used as a fast launcher.
- Lucky Chloe- A four hit combo that launches the opponent high into the air and can be cancelled at any point.
- Marshall Law- Performs the Dragon's Flight flying kick after a low sweep attack.
- Master Raven- Performs a running knee to the face followed by a rising kick, after which she teleports above the opponent and back hand strikes them, putting them in a screw state. It can be used to launch opponents after a counter hit from Demon Knee.
- Miguel Caballero Rojo- Uppercuts the opponent before delivering a double hand strike to their head, putting them in a screw state.
- Nina Williams- Performs a dashing double handed strike. Is a powered up version of her Blonde Bomb move that can carry the opponent to the wall.
- Noctis Lucis Caelum- Throws a buster sword at the opponent, then teleports and slashes the opponent with another sword.
- Panda- Uppercuts the opponent so high into the air that they land on the opposite side of the screen. Launches grounded opponents, and can be used to allow full combos from Double Bear Claw. Panda shares her Rage Drive with Kuma.
- Paul Phoenix - Throws a fast and powerful right punch. Is a powered up version of Death Fist that can carry the opponent to the wall and does chip-damage if blocked.
- Robert Richards- Cannonballs himself into the opponent, knocking them over, and then somersaults onto them.
- Sergei Dragunov- Performs a running overhead punch. Puts standing opponents into a special airborne state and puts airborne or downed opponents into a special downed state if it connects. If the move is blocked, it can be immediately cancelled into his Ambush Tackle. Is a powered up version of his Russian Assault move.
- Shaheen- A gut punch to roundhouse kick that puts the opponent in a screw state. A follow up to his Rapid Strikes move.
- Steve Fox- Performs a four hit Dempsey Roll ending with a strong straight punch.
- Yoshimitsu- Slashes the opponent quickly with his sword, putting them in a screw state. Can be used to extend combos.
- Akuma- Can do a move of his choice depending on how many EX Bars he spends, but if so, the move is more noticeable.
- Geese Howard- Can do a move of his choice depending on how many Super and EX Bars he spends, but if so, the move is more noticeable.
- Eliza- Uses her powers to create a huge spike in the ground launching them in the air. Cannot be standing guarded as it counts as a low attack.
Rage Drive's are generally safer to use than Rage Arts as many of them are fast and nonpunishable. Some character's Rage Drives, such as Dragunov's, put the opponent in a special downed state in which they are unable to act for a short period of time, allowing for a free follow-up attack. Other's, like Lilli's, allow fighters to use two screw attacks in one combo, extending a combo further.
Rage Drives are generally more useful than Rage Arts as they can be used in more circumstances, although both mechanics can be used to a player's advantage.
- While some characters do not posses Rage Drives, they can expend their super meters for a special attack.
- Akuma can spend his EX Gauge to perform a powered up version of his Gohadoken, the Messatsu Gohado.
- Geese Howard can spend his Super Gauge to perform two different supers, the powered up version of his Reppuken known as Raigou Reppuken and the signature radial vortex wave Raging Storm.
- Eliza can expend her super meter to perform a powered up Dark Wave that launches the opponent into the air.