Raven in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Occupation||Intelligence Agent , Ninja|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 5|
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
An international intelligence agent considered highly skilled and iron-hearted, codename Raven. Apart from a scar in the shape of an "X" on his face, his details, including age and nationality, are unknown. Raven entered the fifth tournament to find out who or what was behind the event.
Raven makes his first appearance in the opening movie for Tekken 5, as he witnesses the attack on Hon-Maru by Jack-4s while on a mission to look into the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation, as well as the subsequent explosion. It seems that he is the first one to report of Heihachi Mishima's supposed demise.
After The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, Raven encounters Heihachi Mishima, who was presumed to be dead... They began to fight.
Before a victor could be decided, Raven received orders to return to headquarters, and he had to withdraw from battle.
After that encounter, the battle between both the Mishima Zaibatsu and G-Corporation intensified. In order to prevent any further losses, Raven is sent to investigate the Mishima Zaibatsu once again via The King Of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
Ending: Dragunov and his men are seen carrying Azazel's body out of the tomb. Suddenly, Raven arrives riding a jet harrier plane, he forms his hand signs, (Rin, Kyo, Toh, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen), jumps from the plane and throws a kunai, slicing the temple's walls. He lands on Azazel's body and takes the orb from Azazel's chest, Dragunov than attempts to shoot him with a gun but Raven manages to avoid it and jumps to the harrier plane which leaves soon after, leaving Dragunov with a empty look on his face.
In the Scenario Campaign Mode, Raven follows Lars throughout the game. He then single-handedly defeats NANCY-MI847J, telling to Lars that he has a greater purpose. After Lars was betrayed by Alisa, he accompanies him as an AI replacement for Alisa in the game. He and Lars defeat the beast known as Azazel, then defeat Alisa and finally, beat Jin at the end of the story. Then Jin kills Gold Azazel for good.
After the ending credits, a bonus scene was shown. Raven and his colleagues have found Jin's body lying in a heap of sand. The devil tattoo is still present at Jin's arm, suggesting that he is still alive and that killing Azazel didn't save Jin from his Devil Gene curse.
Raven appeared in the 2010 live action movie. He is portrayed by Darrin Dewitt Henson.
Raven appeared as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken, his tag partner is Yoshimitsu.
Raven appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Character Relationships Edit
- Heihachi Mishima - His rival in Tekken 5. Raven did not finish the fight and pulled out on orders.
- Lars Alexandersson - His second partner in the Scenario Campaign.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Were allies in the Scenario Campaign, until Alisa betrayed Lars for Jin.
- Jin Kazama - His enemy in Tekken 6, and his friend and protege in the 2010 film (non-canon).
- NANCY-MI847J - Destroyed by Raven in Tekken 6.
- Sergei Dragunov - His enemy in both Tekken 5 and Tekken 6.
- Kazuya Mishima - Raven's enemy, ever since Kazuya became the head of the G Corporation.
- Azazel - His enemy in Tekken 6.
- Zafina - Raven and Lars helped her defeat a group of Tekken Force soldiers in the Scenario Campaign.
- Yoshimitsu - His rival in Tekken 5 and partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Nina Williams - His rival in Tekken 5, who defeated him.
- Eddy Gordo - Defeated him in the 2010 film (non-canon).
- Kunimitsu - His partner in the TTT2 opening.
- Apart from an X-shaped scar on his face, not much about him is known.
- It was stated in the European site that he is from Canada. However, in later versions of the site, his nationality is stated as unknown.
- Raven's appearance is a direct look-a-like of the famous K-1 Champion and Muay Thai Champion Michael McDonald of Canada also known as the "Black Sniper".
- Raven also resembles famous Hollywood actor Wesley Snipes and specifically two of his characters, Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man (blond hair) and more obviously, Blade from the Blade trilogy (shades, tattoo and costume).
- When Namco was asked about the similarities being intentional they stated that they simply wanted a true ninjutsu practitioner and a "cool black guy" for a character, and that the similarities were purely coincidental.
- Raven is also sometimes compered to Ryu Hayabusa from the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series due to the fact that they both wear mostly black, and they are both ninjas.
- Raven is voiced by Jack Merluzzi. However, in Tekken 6, his voice actor changes to D.C. Douglas, who's best known for voicing Capcom character Albert Wesker in Resident Evil 5. The reason of the change has not been stated, though.
- On the official Street Fighter X Tekken website, he is referred to as "Shadow Dancing Raven".
- Raven is the only character who has a customization item that is incompatible with the default item. His "Ninja Mask" item is not compatible with his default 2P hood.
- Raven bears a few reseblances to Killer B from the Naruto series, them being that both are ninjas, have blond hair and wear sunglasses.
- The hand signs that Raven performs are part of the Kuji-in, a Japanese Buddhist Tantric technique said to be also practiced by ninjas.
- In his story modes, Raven will occasionally get orders from his commanding officer.
- In this game, he tells Nina that he is known as the Dark Talon of Death.
- In Yoshimitsu's story mode, he claims there is no way Yoshimitsu could be a ninja, as Yoshimitsu replies "This... coming from a wannabe ninja". Commenting that it is not part of his objective, Raven states that he won't lose this fight. Afterwards, Raven is seen trying to teach Yoshimitsu the Kuji-in signs, the latter failing at doing so, only to Raven's anger.
- In Tekken 6, Raven can be customized as Morpheus from The Matrix series and Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe and Marvel Comics character Blade.
See Raven's Gallery