Right Splits Kick, called Right Heel Drop (右踵落とし/Migi Kakato Otoshi) in Japan, is an attack possessed by the practitioners of the Mishima Style Fighting Karate from the very first Tekken series and were kept intact since then. Baek Doo San's variant is simply called a Heel Drop, and can also follow up with a low or middle kick.
Properties and use
The Right Splits Kick has its mirror-counterpart called Left Splits Kick, although they have their own evident differences:
- The command input for this move is f+4. Except for Kazumi, where the input is instead ff+4 while her f+4 is the Mach Kick.
- The move forces the opponent in a crouched state only when the kick connects.
- It doesn't launch the opponent nor put them in a bound state, so this move is only used as a poking tool.
- The Right Splits Kick, alongside a numerous moves of the Mishima Style Karate, can be a homage to the fighting style used by the "Shoto" characters from the Street Fighter series.
- The move is also included in the move list of Jinpachi Mishima, further cementing the idea that he is using the family's fighting style.