|Roger / Roger Jr.|
Roger Jr. in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Fighting Style||Commando Wrestling|
|Family||Alex (Clone to original Roger)|
Roger's Wife (Wife to original Roger, Mother to Roger Jr.)
|Game Appearances||Tekken 2 (Roger) |
Tekken Tag Tournament (Roger)
Tekken 5 (Roger Jr.)
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (Roger Jr.)
Tekken 6 (Roger Jr.)
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (Roger Jr.)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Roger Jr.)
|Voice Actors||Mark Campus (For Roger)
Ed Doglas (For Roger Jr.)
Roger is the name of two playable characters in the Tekken fighting game series. Both of whom are boxing kangaroos and father and son to each other. The original Roger (who first appeared in Tekken 2) is a genetically engineered kangaroo with the ability to fight (as well as being uppercuted though roofs). Roger Jr., his son, replaces the original Roger from Tekken 5 onwards.
Kazuya Mishima took over the Mishima Zaibatsu from his father Heihachi. The Zaibatsu became more corrupt than ever under Kazuya's leadership and engaged in many illegal activities such as assassination, extortion, drug dealing and the smuggling of species. Kazuya also recruited Doctor Boskonovitch to work for him. One of the projects he was commanded to work on was creating genetically engineered creatures. Through Boskonovitch, modified animals were created with DNA samples. Roger was created from Kangaroo DNA, whereas Alex was created using DNA from Dromaeosaurid fossil samples.
Kazuya thought that Roger and Alex were worthless creations, and wanted to kill them. However, Roger and Alex managed to escape. They then met Armor King, who taught them to wrestle. Both Alex and Roger enter to fight in the Second Iron Fist Tournament.
Jun Kazama, a member of the wildlife protection organization WWWC, infiltrates the second Iron Fist Tournament to arrest Kazuya, who is smuggling and experimenting on endangered species. She found Roger and Alex and quickly arranged for them to live out their lives in Australia, where they would be safe.
20 years later, Roger was kidnapped and taken away. Roger Jr. and his mother joined The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 to find Roger and, after a long struggle, they found him. But Roger was living the easy life, unconcerned about his family. Roger Jr. became shocked and angered at the sight of seeing his dad relaxing and uppercuts him through the roof.
After the tournament, life became hard for Roger Jr. and his mother. Shortly thereafter, The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 was announced, and Roger Jr. and his mother decided to join the tournament in search of victory and financial security. In the end, Roger is teaching his son boxing moves when all of a sudden, Roger's Wife comes in and confronts Roger with a picture of him with other female kangaroos. As a result, she uppercuts him up through the roof like last time.
Roger is a playable character in the non-canonical Tekken Tag Tournament game where he once again shares a character slot with Alex. This is Roger's last appearance as a playable character in a Tekken game.
Roger Jr. is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Character Relationships Edit
For original Roger.
- Kazuya Mishima - Ordered Dr. Bosconovitch to create Roger.
- Doctor Boskonovitch - Creator.
- Armor King I - Taught Roger (as well as Alex) Commando Wrestling sometime before or during Tekken 2, hence why both Roger and Alex share a lot of his moveset.
- Alex - Partner and family friend.
- Jun - Saved him and Alex and brought them to Australia to live out their lives.
- Kuma - Friend.
- Yoshimitsu - Possible friend.
- Roger Jr. - Son.
- Roger's Wife - Wife.
For Roger Jr.
- Roger - Father of Roger Jr.
- Roger's Wife - Mother.
- Alex - Family friend.
- Kuma - Friend.
- Panda - 2nd Friend.
- Mokujin - Possible rival/friend.
For original Roger:
- His fighting stance is identical to King's in Tekken 1 and Armor King's in Tekken 1 and Tekken 2.
- He does the same win poses as King in Tekken 2.
- His and Alex's hands are shown as their character space.
- His sub-boss is Alex.
- He is a sub-boss of Kazuya.
- His background music stage is the same as the Fiji stage music in Tekken 1.
Tekken Tag Tournament:
- He is unlocked by beating the game with six different characters.
- His ending is the same as Alex's except their roles are switched.
- When paired up with Kuma or Panda, him and Kuma/Panda will be shown dancing.
- When paired up with Bryan, he will be shown sitting on the ground while Bryan persuades him to fight.
- He is one of the few characters that Tetsujin/Mokujin or Unknown do not randomly use.
- When losing a match he falls down on his back, P. Jack also does the same.
For Roger Jr.
- In Roger Jr.'s ending in Tekken 5, Roger is watching Ling Xiaoyu's ending from Tekken 3.
- If Roger Jr. loses to Devil Jin and Devil Jin uses his LP winpose (levitates opponent with right hand), Roger Jr. will choke along with his mother.
- If Roger Jr. loses to Asuka, he can still move if her winpose is the one where she points down at the KOed opponent.
- Roger and Roger Jr's counterpart is Rooby from Moshi Monsters, Moshlings (both are kangaroos with boxing gloves).
- In his Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 ending, he is uppercuttered into roofs, first by his son and then by his wife.
- Roger can be seen on a sign in one of the stages in Street Fighter X Tekken.