Roger Jr. (ロジャー・ジュニア Rojā Junia?) is a playable animal character in the Tekken series. He is the son of the original Roger. He replaces his father and family friend Alex as a playable character in the canonical plotline from Tekken 5 onwards.
Roger was a genetically engineered kangaroo who was the result of a military experiment conducted by Doctor Gepetto Bosconovitch while under employment of the Mishima Zaibatsu. In Tekken 2, Jun found Roger and Alex and quickly made arrangements for them to live out their lives in Australia, where they would be safe. Roger soon found a wife while in the wilderness, who gave birth to their son, Roger Jr. He also wears boxing gloves like his parents. It is unknown where they learned to fight, but it is speculated that Roger taught them since Roger had been taught by Armor King in Tekken 2 along with Alex.
Prologue: 20 years earlier before the events of Tekken 5, during the 2nd Iron Fist Tournament, Kazuya Mishima (the CEO at the time) ordered his scientists to create a new type of military weapon. This entity was known as Roger. A few years after the "death" of Kazuya, Roger ran away and met a female kangaroo. They then had a child, whom they decided to name, "Roger Jr."
Ending Description: After a long struggle, they find him. But they soon discover that Roger was living the easy life, unconcerned about his family and/or fatherly responsibilities. Roger Jr. became shocked and angered at the sight of seeing his dad relaxing while Roger Jr. and his mother were worried sick about him and vengefully uppercuts him through the roof and tramples his photograph.
Prologue: After the tournament, life became hard for Roger Jr. and his mother. Shortly thereafter, The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 was announced, and Roger Jr. and his mother decided to join the tournament in search of victory and financial security.
Ending Description: Roger is teaching Roger Jr. boxing moves and bonding with his son, when all of a sudden, Roger's Wife comes in confronting Roger with a picture of him surrounded by other female kangaroos. As a result, she uppercuts him up through the roof. The screen ends with Roger Jr. gazing in confusion at what had just happened. Throughout the whole ending, canned laughter can be heard.
Roger Jr. appeared playable in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Roger comes home with flowers but before going inside, he peeks in and sees his wife, son and Alex eating breakfast. Roger sees how much happier everyone was without him. He then remembers both times he was uppercutted by his wife and son. He punches himself in the head for being so selfish and not being there for them.
All of a sudden, Alex busts the front door open, slamming Roger behind. His wife comes out and looks to see Alex playing with Roger Jr. out in the field. She looks down and sees the flowers and note from Roger. She reads it and then eagerly looks around for him; sadly, Roger is still smashed behind the door.
One of the series' more outlandish characters, Roger Jr. (through his mother, whom the player actually controls) uses novelty commands contrasted with dangerous and varied attacks options to mix up and unbalance opponents. The character's unusual set of limbs include a tail which grants several unparriable/unreversible lows and mids at impressive distances. Short arms stifle what is otherwise a pesky close game but in turn keeps opponents constantly within range of one of the Tekken series' most notorious and effective grapple mixups.
The character's distance game has lots of swift, powerful and risky attacks that help them control and punish less experience players at range. From almost any distance they can spring forward with attacks that interrupt defence, give big knockdowns and full launches. With good execution, a skilled player can use an awkward-for-combos move set to reliably bring combo damage up to and beyond par but Roger Jr. is also one of the few characters in high level play that can take substantial amount of health away from opponents just from open play and via ruthless exploitation of pokey mixups and command grabs.
Roger Jr. fights using Commando Wrestling, a mixture of confusing strikes and Wrestling oriented throws.
- When playing as Roger Jr., the player technically controls and fights as his mother as well.
- If Roger Jr. loses to Devil Jin and the latter uses his LP winpose (levitates opponent with right hand), Roger Jr. will choke along with his mother.
- If Roger Jr. loses to Asuka, he can still be seen moving if her winpose is the one where she points down taunting her downed opponent.
- All his endings involve Roger getting hurt.
- He is the first character to be unlocked, meaning that he can be unlocked by beating story mode once.
- Roger Jr.'s only sub boss is Mokujin.
- In his Tekken 6 ending, all of the family's boxing gloves are primary colors: Roger's is blue, his wife's is red and Roger Jr.'s is yellow.
- Roger Jr.'s item moves are a snorkel, little riding hood outfit and treats.
- When using the snorkel, five clownfishes come out alongsiding his mother. When using the little riding hood, his mother will make his opponent bend down facing Roger Jr causing him to make multiple punches and an uppercut.
- He is the only character who has more than two item moves.
- Roger and Roger Jr. are similar to Rooby from Moshi Monsters, Moshlings (both are kangaroos with boxing gloves).