Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Shin was a young Japanese student and an old friend of Jin Kazama, who went to Mishima Polytechnic School with him. In Blood Vengeance, both the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation are looking for information about him in order to track down Shin himself. So Alisa Bosconovitch (under the orders of Nina Williams) and Ling Xiaoyu (under the orders of Anna Williams) are sent to spy on him at his school in Kyoto.
During their investigation, Alisa and Xiaoyu team up with each other and work together, and Xiaoyu herself turns against Anna. At that moment, Shin is kidnapped by an unknown assailant. Later on, the two girls learn more about Shin's background and soon discover that genetic experiments were being done on Shin and his classmates (who were presumably other friends of Jin), and now realize that the Mishimas were seeking Shin, who is in fact the sole survivor of his classmates and M Cell subject, for immortality.
Later at an ancient Kyoto castle, Xiaoyu, Alisa, Jin and Kazuya Mishima learn that this was in fact an elaborate plan engineered and planned by Heihachi Mishima. Shin then furiously confronts Heihachi for what he's done and attempts to fight him, but Heihachi grabs him and attempts to kill him. Jin then tells Heihachi to release him, stating that Shin had nothing to do with their rivalry, but it was too late. In his last moments alive, Shin mumbled to Jin, Alisa, and Xiaoyu his last words; "Jin... it's up to you now..." and died in Alisa's arms. Furious, Jin fought and defeated Kazuya and Heihachi, thus avenging his friend's death.
At the beginning of the three-way brawl between Jin, Kazuya and Heihachi, Shin's body isn't seen when Xiaoyu and Alisa leave the castle. It may have been blown away when the three family members created a shockwave when they hit their fists altogether.
- Jin Kazama - His good school friend who wanted him captured.
- Ling Xiaoyu - Sent to track him down and became his friend.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Sent to track him down, but became his friend and developed a crush on him.
- Kazuya Mishima - Wanted him captured.
- Heihachi Mishima - Used him and his friends (except Jin) as test subjects for immortality. Heihachi later killed Shin at Kyoto castle.
- Anna Williams - Ordered Ling Xiaoyu to track him down.
- Nina Williams - Ordered Alisa Bosconovitch to track him down.
- His given name Shin (真) literally means "The Truth", his surname Kamiya (神谷) roughly means as "Valley of God".
- Shin is the sixth character to appear as a student, the second to leave Mishima High and the first not to be a fighter. However, Shin (and the movie) are not canon to the storyline of the games.
- Shin was featured in the Tekken Revolution original character poll on the official Tekken Facebook page in June 2013. He placed 3rd in the poll but ultimately was not chosen at San Diego Comic-Con to become the next original Tekken Revolution character, having lost to the winner, Eliza.