Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Supercharger, as it goes by name in the Tekken Tag Tournament command list, is a common move for every playable character in all games after Tekken 2 (excluding Tekken 4). It brings the character into a state of what is known as Ki Power, hence the more popular name Ki Charge.
It is executed by pressing down all attack-buttons (Left Punch, Right Punch, Left Kick, Right Kick, also written as 1+2+3+4) simultaneously (all together). The fighter will then glow with his or her standard Charge glow for 55 frames (0.91 seconds) during which no other input can be made. After the charge-up is completed, the fighter's hands (when standing still) or attacking limb will glow with light blue energy (yellow starting in Tekken 6) for 600 frames (10 seconds). This time frame ends prematurely if either side connects an attack.
There exists alternative ways for characters to achieve a state similar to Ki Power, without using the supercharger, such as Paul Phoenix being in full crouch for 1½ second (only applies to TK4 and above), Doctor Bosconovitch pressing 3+4 when standing, Jin pressing b+1+2, Raven pressing d+1+2, etc.
Ki Power gives the character the following advantages while in effect:
- The character will inflict 1.4-1.5 times more damage than normally on his/her first attack (does not apply to throws).
- The first attack will have Counter Attack properties.
- If the attack is blocked, the opponent receives 10% of the normal attack damage as guard damage.
Ki Power gives the character the following disadvantages while in effect:
- The character will be unable to block.
- The opponent will inflict 1.4-1.5 times more damage than normally on his/her first attack.
- The first attack of the opponent will have Counter Attack properties.
- Some characters say different phrases as they gain supercharge. For example, Dr. Bosconovitch says "EUREKKAA!" as he powers up in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.