Violet in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Also Known as||Lee Chaolan|
|Fighting Style||Mixed style based on Jeet Kune Do and Judo|
|Age||45 (TK4) |
|Occupation||CEO of Violet Systems|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 4 |
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Voice Actors||William Word (Tekken 4)|
Ryotaro Okiayu (Gameplay and Fight Lab)
Kaiji Tang (Intro and Ending)
Violet (ヴァイオレット Vaioretto?) is a character in the Tekken series that made his debut in Tekken 4 and later returned for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He is the alter-ego of Lee Chaolan, created as a way to enter the fourth King of Iron Fist Tournament without being found out by the Mishima Zaibatsu. He is also the CEO of Violet Systems. Though he was a palette swap of Lee in Tekken 4, he has his own character slot in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Prologue Text: Violet was the majority shareholder and de facto leader of a manufacturer for humanoid robots. He was apparently a fighter in the past, but now lived a quiet life in a mansion in the Bahamas. Bored by his carefree lifestyle, Violet decided to enter The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4. There was another significant reason for his entry into the tournament. Violet believed that he could turn his humanoid robots into the ultimate fighting weapons. He believed in a utopian world where inorganic humanoids would carry out the will of their human masters. Violet accelerated the development of a prototype for the tournament. If completed in time, the tournament would be an excellent PR opportunity. Violet's mind was filled with visions of dominating The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4.
Interlude Description: Final Stage Combot: In the Arena, the crowd cheers for Violet, and he thanks them. He states that winning the tournament was not his ultimate goal, that he only participated in the tournament to gather test data for Combot, and to promote its application as the ultimate fighting machine. Then, he presents Combot, who is standing in front of the large electronic advertisement screen, to the audience. Violet asks Combot to give them a demonstration, and Combot's eyes start to glow bright red. Combot starts to walk down the stairs, but he trips and falls to the ground. A little bit of electricity comes from Combot's body as he gets up and Combot's eyes flicker. An angry and embarrassed Violet prepares for an unexpected fight as Combot starts to run towards him.
Epilogue Text: Lee won the tournament and finally achieved his dream of becoming the CEO of Mishima Zaibatsu. The first Combot had a fatal bug due to its hasty development. Lee transferred the Combot development project to the Mishima Research Labs, where he spent large sums of money and gathered many brilliant engineers to develop the second prototype.
Ending Description: A secretary walks into Violet's office, and tells him that the new Combot prototype is finished. She lays a book report titled "Combot II" on Violet's desk. Violet expects the new prototype to work better, and she tells him that combat experiments were conducted against Heihachi, and that from 10.23 seconds into the experiment, Combot unleashed a 50 hit combination. She reports that Heihachi was completely helpless. Violet chuckles and, while stirring his glass of brandy, says, "Excellent".
Violet appeared in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a playable character with his own character slot. He is also the main character in the "story" of the Fight Lab Mode.
Ending Description: Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin are all lying unconscious in a room. As they awake, Violet speaks to them through an intercom and tells them they have the honour of battling Combot. Combot then enters the arena and, despite their arrogance, manages to defeat all three Mishimas with ease. Suddenly, Jin transforms into Devil Jin and blasts Combot's head off, and Heihachi mocks Violet for the "disappointment". Violet remains calm and causes Combot to self-destruct, destroying Heihachi, Kazuya and Devil Jin in the process. Violet laughs and says "Excellent".
- Lee Chaolan - His real identity.
- Jinpachi Mishima - His adoptive grandfather.
- Heihachi Mishima - His adoptive father.
- Kazumi - His adoptive mother.
- Kazuya Mishima - His adoptive brother and rival.
- Lars Alexandersson - His adoptive brother.
- Jin Kazama - His adoptive nephew.
- Combot - Creator of both versions.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - Helped reviving her at the end of the Scenario Campaign story.
This section is currently incomplete. You can help the Tekken Wiki by expanding it.
Fighting style Edit
- Violet speaks English in all of his appearances, while Lee speaks Japanese in most of his appearances. This may suggest that Lee is bilingual.
- Ironically, Lee/Violet's billingualism is similar to Tendou Souji/Kamen Rider Kabuto's actor, Hiro Mizushima.
- Violet and Jin Kazama are the only Japanese characters in the series who have spoken English. While Jin only spoke English to Hwoarang in his Tekken 4 ending, Violet spoke English throughout the game.
- Violet has a strong resemblance to Michael Jackson, especially in Tekken 4 when he spin around and put his arms up after winning a battle.
- Despite being Japanese, Lee speaks English in this game.
- Lee can be customized to resemble Violet in Tekken 5 and Tekken 6.
- Violet is selectable after beating Story Mode two times with a different character.
- Despite being Japanese, Violet speaks English. Though the reason for speaking in English was to hide his real identity from the Mishima Zaibatsu and his family (mostly Heihachi, and Kazuya).
- Despite speaking English in his gameplay intro and his ending, Violet uses Japanese in the Fight Lab mode and battle gameplay.
- His Arcade Mode ending is the same as the Fight Lab ending.
- ^ http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2/chara/violet.html
- ^ http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/am/vg/tekken4/special/characters/violet.php