Wang in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Full Name||Wang Jinrei|
|Also Known as||Master Fighter (TK2)|
|Fighting Style||Xing Yi Quan|
|Height||165cm (5′ 5″)|
|Weight||56kg (122 lbs)|
|Likes||The air in the early morning |
his best friend
|Dislikes||Mishima Zaibatsu |
Jin Kazama (TK6)
the Devil Gene
105 (TK5, TK6)
|Family||Ling Xiaoyu (granddaughter)|
|Game Appearances||Tekken |
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
|Voice Actors||Hu Qian (TK5-TTT2)|
Wang Jinrei (王 椋雷 Wáng Liángléi; Japanese Pronounciation: ワン・ジンレイ Wan Jinrei) is a fighting game character who was introduced in the original Tekken game and has returned for every other Tekken game, except Tekken 3 and Tekken 4.
Wang Jinrei is a brave old man who has a kind heart. Wang continued to remain generous and kind while living as a recluse in the Mishima gardens. Wang was a close friend of Heihachi Mishima's father, Jinpachi Mishima. After Jinpachi's death, he put his faith in Heihachi. However, Wang does not know of Heihachi's actions. He faces Marshall Law in the King of Iron Fist tournament and the fight ends in a draw.
Wang is an old friend of Jinpachi Mishima, the father of Heihachi Mishima and the grandfather of Kazuya Mishima, Wang had seen the way Kazuya Mishima and Heihachi abused and corrupted the Mishima Zaibatsu. Wang later becomes Lee Chaolan's instructor and convinces him to help him bring honor back to the Empire.
As a close friend of Kazuya Mishima's grandfather, the user of the mind Kuni fist runs brave. Wang believes that peace will come once the Mishima Zaibatsu is ruined.
Ending Description, "Celebration": Wang walks up a hill while the sun is setting. He approaches a grave stone of Jinpachi Mishima. Wang pours a bottled drink on the top of the grave stone. Then, Wang pours some of the drink into a small cup. He drinks from the cup, and then he exhales. A close-up of Wang's face is shown as the ending video ends.
Long ago, Wang had a close friend from a distant land... Jinpachi Mishima. Just as the world was about to be engulfed in the flames of war, his friend come to him and said "In order to bring about peace the Mishima clan must be destroyed".
Jinpachi disappeared leaving these words behind. Some time after, Wang learned of the death of his friend as the world was embroiled in war.
Thirty years later, Wang was living in isolation when an invitation to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 was delivered. Along with it was a message... "I need your help, old friend. Seek me out, Wang Jinrei". The letter was signed, "Jinpachi Mishima".
Believing his friend to be dead, Wang Jinrei was quite surprised by the message and decided to enter the tournament to look for Jinpachi.
Ending Description: Wang has defeated Jinpachi Mishima. Jinpachi's "Devil" form fades away, leaving only Jinpachi in his human form laying on the ground on his stomach. Wang holds Jinpachi, shakes him, and asks, "Jinpachi, are you ok?" Jinpachi replies, "I'm sorry I caused you so much trouble..." Wang says, "Don't say such things! We have been through so much and have always been like brothers.". Jinpachi reaches up to Wang with one of his hands and says, "Jinrei...", Wang grabs Jinpachi's hand with one of his hands and says, "Jinpachi!". Jinpachi says, "I wish we could have had one last drink together...but I'm afraid my time has come... Good bye, my dear friend... It was fun..." Jinpachi turns to dust in Wang's arms. Wang runs his fingers through the sand that was Jinpachi while saying, "Jinpachi... Jinpachi!..." Wang continues talking, saying, "It's the curse of the Mishima bloodline!..." Wang gets up while saying, "Jinpachi...it appears that my time has yet to come!" A shooting star flies across the sky.
Wang Jinrei heard of the Mishima family's cursed blood from his close friend, Jinpachi Mishima.
Wang was utterly defeated in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 by Jin Kazama, whose purpose was to wipe out the Mishima family's cursed blood. However, the real chaos began when Jin Kazama assumed control of the Mishima Financial Group (MFG).
Blaming his failure on his indifference, Wang lamented his lack of action.
Once again, The King of Iron Fist Tournament is held, and with new-found purpose, Wang participates in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
Ending Description: Following his victory over Azazel, Wang prepares to leave before sensing Azazel's presence behind him. But as the monster was about to attack, Wang used a powerful elbow attack right on his foe's spine (though apparently it was the tail), causing the latter to disperse into a orb with magneta-colored scarabs fading into nothingness.
Yet, it also took its toll on Wang as he murmurs "Jinpachi..my friend. My time has come." before falling onto his knees, saying "I'll see..you again..." as he falls onto the ground.
Ending Description: Wang is doing internal Kung Fu with Xiaoyu. Wang suddenly stops and Xiaoyu rushes to his side. Wang holds his back in pain, Xiaoyu looks at the camera with a reluctant smirk and her hands on her hips as though he is finding an excuse not to continue.
Wang returned as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. He retains his moveset from Tekken 6 with a few new moves added.
Ending Description: Wang has called a meeting with Jinpachi Mishima, Sebastian and Doctor Bosconovitch on a discussion table. Their main topic is their existence as well as future appearances in the Tekken series.
Wang and Jinpachi discuss each other's popularity, with Jinpachi pointing out how Namco very nearly killed Wang off in his Tekken 6 ending (where he does indeed die after beating Azazel), to which Wang claims his "awesome popularity" kept him alive. When Jinpachi expresses disbelief at Namco nearly killing off a "no name character" like Wang only to chicken out at the last minute, Wang counters said argument by pointing out how Jinpachi literally crumbled into sand before Wang's very eyes in his Tekken 5 ending. Doctor Bosconovitch shows no concern, as he believes that so long as the Jack-series, Yoshimitsu, Alisa and Bryan are still present in the game, he will still make appearances as well. Sebastian states that he doesn't mind being unpopular as long as he protects Lili.
Bosconovitch eventually comes up with the idea of using technology on every OAP in the room, himself included, to turn them into Alisa-style androids. Some time later, Ganryu and Baek arrive to see that plans were already being made to turn all four old men into cyborgs. While Baek finds the idea ridiculous, Ganryu is excited at the prospect.
Character Relationships Edit
- Jinpachi Mishima - His close friend.
- Ling Xiaoyu - His student and his granddaughter.
- Kazuya Mishima - His rival.
- Heihachi Mishima - His rival.
- Zafina - His ally, she also told him that Lars would save the world.
- Lars Alexandersson - His ally.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His ally.
- Lee Chaolan - He convinced Lee to bring good to the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Marshall Law - Their fight ended in a draw in Tekken.
- Jun Kazama - He was defeated by her in Tekken 2.
- Jin Kazama - He was defeated by Jin in Tekken 5.
- Wang is the oldest playable human character in the Tekken games.
- Wang Jinrei's name in Chinese is 王 椋雷; where in (王 Wáng) is the surname and (椋雷 Liángléi) is his given name.
- His name in Chinese is pronounced as 'Wang Lianglei'. Why he's officially called 'Jinrei' is unknown.
- Wang's given name was mispelled as 'Jinfrey' in the Tekken 2 PlayStation instruction book (Jun's bio page).
- Wang's 2+4 throw in the earlier games is reminiscent of Chun-Li's throw in Street Fighter II.
- Wang bears a striking resemblance to Master Roshi from the Dragon Ball franchise.
- Wang's sub-boss is Marshall Law.
- Wang's sub-boss is Jun Kazama.
- On the arcade version, it is possible to switch the default positions of Jun and Baek Doo San in the game options; in the latter case, Baek will become Wang's sub-boss.
- On the arcade version, some of Wang's sound effects are mixed up. When Wang is hit by a 'heavy' move, one of his attack sounds plays; when Wang is knocked out, his second 'hurt' sound plays instead of his usual wail. This was fixed on the PlayStation 2 version.
- Wang is unlocked by beating story mode five times with a different character.
- Wang's sub-bosses are Ling Xiaoyu, Feng Wei, and Heihachi Mishima.
- Wang has the most interludes with the total of four.
- Wang Jinrei's second player Tekken 5 costume makes him resemble Master Roshi from the Dragon Ball franchise.
- Wang has two secret pre-fight animations, which will only be shown before fighting a female character (excluding Ling Xiaoyu and Lili). In one of them, Wang says, "Wow... You're hot...", and in the other, Wang says, "Wow... Today must be my lucky day". The latter will occasionally be used after Wang gets a strike in the Tekken Bowl side game in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- Wang can be customized to resemble the Dragon Ball series' Master Roshi.
- Wang's pre-fight animation saying "Wow... Today must be my lucky day" that plays when encountering a female character, will be used when playing against Kazuya and Baek. This is quite a rare bug, but funny nonetheless.
- Wang's partners in Ghost Battle (from lowest to highest ranks) are Ling Xiaoyu, Roger Jr., Feng Wei, Sebastian and Jinpachi Mishima.
- Wang appears in the opening sequence of Tekken: The Motion Picture (along with Hwoarang, Forest, Kunimitsu, Eddy and Xiaoyu) but he doesn't appear in the actual movie (which is the same case with the aforementioned characters).
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Wang's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.