Wavedash, or Crouch-dash, is a move introduced in Tekken.
A wavedash can be performed by characters who have moves that needs to transition from a crocuh-dash. Wavedashing can be done by inputting the following commands repeatedly: f,N,d,d/f, or f,N,d~d/f
A number of characters can perform a wavedash. Some of them are:
- The Mishima Family (excluding Jinpachi)
- Devil Jin
- Baek Doo San
- Armor King
- Bruce Irvin
- Roger /Roger Jr.
- Angel /Devil
- Mokujin (through mimicry)
- Ogre /True Ogre
There are, however, a few exceptions to this list.
- Bryan Fury (due to his Cobra-like wave)
- Paul Phoenix (with his qcf-moves)
- Wang Jinrei
- Kazuya Mishima (due to his move, Mist Step, he can perform a more simple crouch-dash, e.g. f,N,d/f multiple times and perform what is known as the "perfect" Electric Wind God Fist.)
Having the ability to perform crouch-dash and wavedash is an essential tool on perfectly executing mind games against opponents, since there are also a number of moves to watch out for when performing the move.