Zafina in Tekken Tag Tournament 2
|Fighting Style||Ancient Assassination Arts|
|Occupation||Astrologist and Temple Defender|
|Game Appearances||Tekken 6|
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
|Voice Actors||Lisle Wilkerson|
Zafina was born somewhere in the Middle East to a group of spiritual warriors with an ancient past and as such, she possesses great spiritual abilities of her own.
Since childhood, Zafina was raised to be a protector of an imperial tomb. Several years ago, a foreign army attacked the imperial tomb she and her group were protecting and Zafina single handedly wiped every single one of them out. Since then, the group’s guru appointed her to be its sole protector.
In her public life, she uses her spiritual powers as an astrologist but recently she can only see evil omens, and her premonitions grow more and more intense day by day. Seeking to understand the meaning behind all of this, Zafina sought the advice of her guru, and he began to tell her an ancient prophecy passed down from generation to generation only to a select few. According to the prophecy, when two evil stars (Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama) come into contact, the seal of the tomb will be broken. The one captive will come out and the world will inevitably reach its end. Zafina considered both the meaning behind the guru’s tale and her own dire premonitions.
Zafina heard of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6, and she also heard that Kazuya and Jin were meant to participate in the tournament. Zafina set out to join the tournament, with the intention of destroying the two evil stars.
Zafina has a minor role in this mode. She follows Lars all throughout the mode, just like Raven. She does however appear in some scenes - she talks to Wang about putting faith in Lars regarding his ability to stop the war, watching Lars' vehicle leave the container terminal, and confronting Jin as she tells him her premonitions and warns him about his warring as well. She even helps Lars and Raven defeat hordes of Tekken Force soldiers on one stage and provided vital information.
Zafina appeared in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a playable character.
Ending: In this ending, Zafina was also acting as the narrator. Zafina was watching a full moon in the sky. Then, she touches an ancient wall. Not long after it, black hidden soldiers, which turns out to be remnants of the Taliban, suddenly appears. She defeats all the soldiers and leaves the area.
Zafina is very clever as seen on her knowledge about Azazel. She is also a determined woman as she strives to win to avoid chaos. Despite this, she is quite calm and focused; not letting her emotions get the best of her when on a mission.
Fighting style EditZafina's fighting style, only referred to as "ancient assassination arts", is based upon the movements of the spider, the mantis, the beetle, the scorpion and the snake. She has three different poses that have a variety of unique strikes and movements. Because of her flexible frame and her numerous combat stances, she is difficult to hit. However, the damage done by most of her attacks is comparatively moderate.
One notable trait of her fighting style is that it can look very disturbing. Her movement at times share an uncanny resemblance to those of insects. For example, after a victory, she crawls away on all fours very easily despite the fact that for many outfits she wears high heels (which would normally make it challenging to move in such a way).
Character Relationships Edit
- Julia Chang - They possibly share the same goal.
- Jin Kazama - She is trying to stop him and Kazuya from colliding.
- Kazuya Mishima - She is trying to stop him and Jin from colliding.
- Wang Jinrei - Assured him that Lars will save the world.
- Lars Alexandersson - She is certain that he will save the world.
- The European Tekken 6 website mistakenly refers to Zafina's nationality as Indian. However, her original Japanese bio, as well as her NA bio and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 bio, state it as being simply unknown.
- Based on feedback from fans, Harada and his development team made Zafina specifically to address the need for a smooth-hitting, prey-stalking female in the series.
- The naming themes for her moves are wildly different between the Japanese and English versions. The Japanese version uses a wide variety of mythical creatures and weapons from many cultures' mythologies, including several demons described in the Lesser Key of Solomon. The English version, meanwhile, refers almost entirely to Mesopotamian lore.
- "Zafira" is a seldom-used Arabic word describing a woman as victorious. It is possible that the character was to be named after that word, but it was incorrectly spelled "Zafina".
- Her Player 1 outfit has been modified, with the addition of white capris known as 'salwar' under her red skirt, black shoes replacing her gold sandals and a few minor altercations to her top (the reasons for these sudden changes have yet to be specified).
- Zafina is the only character who has a sleeveless "Formal Shirt" in her customization inventory.
- Soul Calibur character Viola's moveset resembles Zafina's as they share many of the same kicks. Additionally, they both have psychic powers.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Juri's Swap Costume is Zafina's Tekken 6 outfit.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Zafina's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.